Cancer question.

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
bearrowland

Re: Cancer question.

Post by bearrowland »

I agree. If my grandfather had done that, his book might have ended on a different note.
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Thank you for your concise and straight-forward answers and those of you who have had this and also those who have lost family members to it, you have my sincere condolences.

Here are two more questions: If a person who was diagnosed with cancer did not want to fight it with the chemo and surgery and everything else, do most people look down on them for their decision or do people tend to understand and have compassion, in general?

Second: Why do you think it is that death from it is so painful? Is it because the human body like animals has a deep set of cellular programming that tries to avoid death at all costs, and so tries to keep itself surviving rather than just closing down?
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Naperville wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:49 pm
Possibly 30% of us or more will have cancer in our lifetime. Cancer, stroke and heart disease are the big 3 for killing people.

I think that I would do both, go for a natural cure and undergo chemo or a DNA inspired technology. Let's face it, none of us knows how much we can take when the time comes, so I am not going to pretend to say, I'll take chemo for 5+ years to stay alive. It's very hard on people mentally and physically.

I'll do the best that I can if it comes to me.
OH I think it's going to be much higher than 30% "Naperville" :( That's an extremely lowball conservative estimate Sir. I just got through listening to a very informative broadcast concerning the new, upcoming 5G networks for our cell phones and other WiFi stuff. They said that they were going to have to add just about 300,000 new cell towers to accommodate the demand for this new technology :eek: . Which in turn will expose all of us to dangerous levels of microwave radiation. They also went on to say that incidence of brain cancer will probably go up at least 8 to 10 fold :eek: .
Not to mention that the consumption of GMO food and other foods that literally have very little or no nutrition at all. The smoking of tobacco is on the increase in the past 5 years especially>> in spite of what the news media and governmental agencies tell you.
The drinking water ( household tap water) is nothing but contaminated garbage. Don't believe me take a gallon of yours to a local university and have it tested. Even most of the well water has gotten contaminated in the past 15 years.
Until the public gets wise and takes their own measures to prevent cancer we will see a steady increase of that disease for at least the next 10 to 25 years to come. It's a poison and dangerous world we're living in and nobody is taking any of this seriously at all. We here in the USA used to be ruled by the oil cartels and now we're being ruled by the Pharmaceutical cartels.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:44 pm
Thank you for your concise and straight-forward answers and those of you who have had this and also those who have lost family members to it, you have my sincere condolences.

Here are two more questions: If a person who was diagnosed with cancer did not want to fight it with the chemo and surgery and everything else, do most people look down on them for their decision or do people tend to understand and have compassion, in general?

Second: Why do you think it is that death from it is so painful? Is it because the human body like animals has a deep set of cellular programming that tries to avoid death at all costs, and so tries to keep itself surviving rather than just closing down?
I'd try my best to understand what a person was going through but I would fight it. How LONG I would fight it, I do not know. I've never been in those shoes, and I hope that I never am.

There is definitely mental anguish once you've been told.

There could be physical pain from the disease. I do not know. I am not a Dr. I've seen 4 people die. I do not look forward to death.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=81675&p=1277280&hil ... r#p1277280

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=79758&hilit=Blue+cancer

I think many of us would support a blue dragonfly or Delica for cancer research.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Doc Dan wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:27 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=81675&p=1277280&hil ... r#p1277280

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=79758&hilit=Blue+cancer

I think many of us would support a blue dragonfly or Delica for cancer research.
Doc I know that in your heart of hearts that you mean well but I've got one big question to ask>> where does all of this money go that is raised by organizations like "The American Cancer Society" and other charities that have been funding research for cancer ever since I will even a little kid? What good has all these billions of dollars accomplished that they have raised over the past few decades? Oh there have been a few minor advancements and a few minor changes in the overall treatment of cancer. But other than opting to leave the USA to go to a foreign country to get alternative treatments I personally don't see anything that has changed>> and I'm talking about since 1961 when I was a kid and my mother used to collect for the "American Cancer Society".

It seems to me that the only entities that have benefited are the pharmaceutical companies?
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

I think there are a lot of people working hard to find a cure fir the many kinds of cancer. It is nonsensical that there is any group gathering money and not spending it on research as much as possible. They could gather, collectively, millions, but a cure would be worth many billions or trillions, and guarantee the careers of the team that accomplished it.

Also, I can say fir certain that most of the “cures” in other countries are just snake oil hoaxes and are responsible for many deaths and permanent organ problems.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Doc Dan wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:28 am
I think there are a lot of people working hard to find a cure fir the many kinds of cancer. It is nonsensical that there is any group gathering money and not spending it on research as much as possible. They could gather, collectively, millions, but a cure would be worth many billions or trillions, and guarantee the careers of the team that accomplished it.

Also, I can say fir certain that most of the “cures” in other countries are just snake oil hoaxes and are responsible for many deaths and permanent organ problems.
Oh Brother Doc I respectfully disagree with you on that very last statement you made. Because my first cousin's wife did survive terminal breast cancer by using Dr. Lorraine Day's strict diet and the other regimens she used to get herself well. My First cousin's wife is living proof that Dr. Day's diet can be a ticket to good health. I seen that first hand

Also I know some people personally that got much help from a Dr. Norton who was an American Oncologist who took his practice to Mexico so he wouldn't be so restricted. Some of these alternative treatments he has discovered have helped some people for sure.

Cancer is something you truly have to "Follow The Money Trail" to see who is benefiting from all this human misery. There is so much money involved to treat "cancer symptoms" in this country. Back in the 90s Dr. Day said then that the cancer industry was easily making over 2 billion a day selling cancer drugs here in the USA. No there are most definitely people who have benefited from alternative cancer treatments. I've seen it first hand.
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:07 pm
Doc Dan wrote:

Oh Brother Doc I respectfully disagree with you on that very last statement you made. Because my first cousin's wife did survive terminal breast cancer by using Dr. Lorraine Day's strict diet and the other regimens she used to get herself well. My First cousin's wife is living proof that Dr. Day's diet can be a ticket to good health. I seen that first hand

Also I know some people personally that got much help from a Dr. Norton who was an American Oncologist who took his practice to Mexico so he wouldn't be so restricted. Some of these alternative treatments he has discovered have helped some people for sure.

Cancer is something you truly have to "Follow The Money Trail" to see who is benefiting from all this human misery. There is so much money involved to treat "cancer symptoms" in this country. Back in the 90s Dr. Day said then that the cancer industry was easily making over 2 billion a day selling cancer drugs here in the USA. No there are most definitely people who have benefited from alternative cancer treatments. I've seen it first hand.
Anecdotal reports of alternative cancer-cures are a dime a dozen. You get what you pay for.

Science (as distinct from sometimes obnoxious scientists) doesn’t care what people believe. It is a protocol for finding what is true by finding what is not true.

Alternative-medicine proceeds alternatively, as you, yourself, exemplify: “My First cousin's wife is living proof that Dr. Day's diet...” This statement is unscientific. It’s mere assertion. Moreover, it’s a logical fallacy.

My half-brother (not the brother I mentioned earlier), who styled himself an alternative-medicine guru on Maui, discovered a malignancy on his tongue the summer before this year’s. He refused conventional treatments after diagnosis because, like you, JD, he had utter contempt and distrust for the flawed institutions we have. He would have been 66 this year, but he’s dead now, in spite of all the foo-foo dust and what-not he desperately ingested.

You do seem to latch on to far-fetched ideas. That, of course, you are free to do. But the many you rumor here can only be argued against in political, if not entirely personal terms, and that we are not permitted here to do, for good reason.

I do wish you’d be more alert to controversy when you go off-topic.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

wrdwrght wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:45 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:07 pm
Doc Dan wrote:

Anecdotal reports of alternative cancer-cures are a dime a dozen. You get what you pay for.

Science (as distinct from sometimes obnoxious scientists) doesn’t care what people believe. It is a protocol for finding what is true by finding what is not true.

Alternative-medicine proceeds alternatively, as you, yourself, exemplify: “My First cousin's wife is living proof that Dr. Day's diet...” This statement is unscientific. It’s mere assertion. Moreover, it’s a logical fallacy.

My half-brother (not the brother I mentioned earlier), who styled himself an alternative-medicine guru on Maui, discovered a malignancy on his tongue the summer before this year’s. He refused conventional treatments after diagnosis because, like you, JD, he had utter contempt and distrust for the flawed institutions we have. He would have been 66 this year, but he’s dead now, in spite of all the foo-foo dust and what-not he desperately ingested.

You do seem to latch on to far-fetched ideas. That, of course, you are free to do. But the many you rumor here can only be argued against in political, if not entirely personal terms, and that we are not permitted here to do, for good reason.

I do wish you’d be more alert to controversy when you go off-topic.
Hmmh? OK I can respect anyone's input. But but I'm not even going to accept this negative and baseless hatchet job. I'm truly sorry about the fate of your half brother>> I've had a half a dozen people that were very near and dear to me die in the past 3 years so I'm not without compassion. And as far as alternative treatments not having any merit as you've put it>> well it doesn't appear that conventional US western medicine has a very high batting average in the cancer department either for that matter.
I guess I got a right to talk but only if it's a carbon copy of what you believe :confused: Again I just don't understand what I did or said that should manifest such a harsh and negative backlash. GOD love you and GOD bless you and I mean that sincerely. You've obviously got a lot of bitterness but I don't wish any bad for you>> and I sincerely wish you well.
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

I appreciate everyone’s opinion. This is how we learn sometimes people can have unsupported opinions that can turn out to be right and a point to send the correct direction. However I have lived and worked in a lot of these places and also remember in the US how many of these things had to be outlawed because of damaging people and I’ve seen it overseas as well. It is true that science itself is a good way to look at things and it is also true that sometimes that the scientist themselves are very corrupt. But that doesn’t mean they all are in fact most are very hard working and conscientious. Science is the best way that we have of defending ourselves against bad practices. If you can prove it even if it is a alternative source and that’s good. Let science test it and see if it works and if it doesn’t work then label it for what that it is. It’s like the testing that has gone on with Tumerick . The spice was once considered to be alternative medicine and now has scientific support that it does have anti-inflammatory properties. And I could name a lot of others. But again there are scientific studies that support this finding. Any real alternative medicine practitioner should not be afraid to have their ideas tested by science. It’s too easy to say oh the whole medical community or the whole science community is conspiring against me. That makes me suspicious and for good reason because there’s a lot of money involved. The logical fallacy goes like this I just took some medicine and I felt better so it was the medicine that cured me. But this is a logical fallacy because you don’t know without the scientific testing Was it the medicine that made you better, is it that you are always better after a certain amount of time anyway, or whether or not there was a connection of any sort. Regression to the mean. Without the scientific testing you really don’t know.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050