Victorinox photo and discussion thread!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
User avatar
bearrowland
Member
Posts: 780
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:59 pm
Location: Central Pennsylvania

Re: Victorinox photo and discussion thread!

Postby bearrowland » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:40 pm

Way to go Spydergirl! Nothing better than bringing an old knife back to life!
Barry

TkoK83Spy
Member
Posts: 2110
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:32 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: Victorinox photo and discussion thread!

Postby TkoK83Spy » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:45 am

Didn't feel like waiting around for the battery to charge on the cordless driver. Decided to use some good ole fashion manual labor on a few screws to this crate!

Resized_20190803_093731.jpeg
Currently have 17 :spyder: 's in 13 different steels.

-Rick

User avatar
Spydergirl88
Member
Posts: 5198
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:42 pm

Re: Victorinox photo and discussion thread!

Postby Spydergirl88 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:01 am

Nice
Team Wire Clip
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:

The Meat man
Member
Posts: 2464
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: Victorinox photo and discussion thread!

Postby The Meat man » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:20 am

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:45 am
Didn't feel like waiting around for the battery to charge on the cordless driver. Decided to use some good ole fashion manual labor on a few screws to this crate!


Resized_20190803_093731.jpeg
I like it! :cool:
- Connor

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:6)

User avatar
Spydergirl88
Member
Posts: 5198
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:42 pm

Re: Victorinox photo and discussion thread!

Postby Spydergirl88 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:25 pm

Cavalier on snocone duty
Image
Team Wire Clip
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:

The Meat man
Member
Posts: 2464
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: Victorinox photo and discussion thread!

Postby The Meat man » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:10 pm

I don't know how to embed videos but here is an interesting SAK hard use test video from YouTube. This guy does things with his Vic that I would hesitate to do with my Spyderco Military! Shows how tough these knives truly are.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... nIO7zPr_YP
- Connor

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:6)

User avatar
bearrowland
Member
Posts: 780
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:59 pm
Location: Central Pennsylvania

Re: Victorinox photo and discussion thread!

Postby bearrowland » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:39 pm

Awesome!!
Barry

James Y
Member
Posts: 797
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:33 am
Location: Southern CA

Re: Victorinox photo and discussion thread!

Postby James Y » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:20 pm

The Meat man wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:10 pm
I don't know how to embed videos but here is an interesting SAK hard use test video from YouTube. This guy does things with his Vic that I would hesitate to do with my Spyderco Military! Shows how tough these knives truly are.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... nIO7zPr_YP
Thanks for posting that! I love those types of knife videos!

Jim

The Meat man
Member
Posts: 2464
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: Victorinox photo and discussion thread!

Postby The Meat man » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:29 pm

James Y wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:20 pm
The Meat man wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:10 pm
I don't know how to embed videos but here is an interesting SAK hard use test video from YouTube. This guy does things with his Vic that I would hesitate to do with my Spyderco Military! Shows how tough these knives truly are.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... nIO7zPr_YP
Thanks for posting that! I love those types of knife videos!

Jim
Me too! I just wish I knew what he was saying.
- Connor

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:6)

James Y
Member
Posts: 797
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:33 am
Location: Southern CA

Re: Victorinox photo and discussion thread!

Postby James Y » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:40 pm

The Meat man wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:29 pm
James Y wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:20 pm
The Meat man wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:10 pm
I don't know how to embed videos but here is an interesting SAK hard use test video from YouTube. This guy does things with his Vic that I would hesitate to do with my Spyderco Military! Shows how tough these knives truly are.

https://www.google.com/url? Bsa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DGUK ... nIO7zPr_YP
Thanks for posting that! I love those types of knife videos!

Jim
Me too! I just wish I knew what he was saying.
I agree! This is exactly the type of video I want to understand the speaker. There are so many knife-related vids I CAN understand that drone on and on without actually doing anything with the knife. :)

Jim

User avatar
bearrowland
Member
Posts: 780
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:59 pm
Location: Central Pennsylvania

Re: Victorinox photo and discussion thread!

Postby bearrowland » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:33 am

I agree with you Jim!
Barry

User avatar
Bloke
Member
Posts: 3634
Joined: Fri May 13, 2016 12:43 am
Location: Sydney, Australia.

Re: Victorinox photo and discussion thread!

Postby Bloke » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:29 am

Image
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin

User avatar
bearrowland
Member
Posts: 780
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:59 pm
Location: Central Pennsylvania

Re: Victorinox photo and discussion thread!

Postby bearrowland » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:36 pm

Nice Alox!
Barry

User avatar
Spydergirl88
Member
Posts: 5198
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:42 pm

Re: Victorinox photo and discussion thread!

Postby Spydergirl88 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:40 pm

Image
Team Wire Clip
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:

The Meat man
Member
Posts: 2464
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: Victorinox photo and discussion thread!

Postby The Meat man » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:35 pm

^Nice! Is that the Pioneer? How do you like it?
- Connor

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:6)

User avatar
Spydergirl88
Member
Posts: 5198
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:42 pm

Re: Victorinox photo and discussion thread!

Postby Spydergirl88 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:40 pm

Cadet^
I love it!
Team Wire Clip
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:

User avatar
Bloke
Member
Posts: 3634
Joined: Fri May 13, 2016 12:43 am
Location: Sydney, Australia.

Re: Victorinox photo and discussion thread!

Postby Bloke » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:10 pm

bearrowland wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:36 pm
Nice Alox!
They’re tiny but lovely little knives Barry. :)

None of the women in our family have overly long fingernails as such but my daughter tore one playing with here little boy on the weekend while I was there. That got me to thinking so I bought three of the little Classic to gift my daughter, daughter-in-law and beloved wife so should they tear or break a fingernail they can do running repairs. :rolleyes:
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin

TkoK83Spy
Member
Posts: 2110
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:32 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: Victorinox photo and discussion thread!

Postby TkoK83Spy » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:37 pm

Working a double today to fill in for our stockroom guy during a machine outage...hour 16 and counting :o

But...I did get a call from an electrician requesting 25ft of wire, decided to put the SAK to use (admittedly had to YouTube how to properly use the wire stripper) but it was very easy and worked like a charm!

Resized_20190807_233248.jpeg
Currently have 17 :spyder: 's in 13 different steels.

-Rick

User avatar
bearrowland
Member
Posts: 780
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:59 pm
Location: Central Pennsylvania

Re: Victorinox photo and discussion thread!

Postby bearrowland » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:37 pm

They're great in that way Bloke. I've known people who, when they fly, will buy one at their destination and use it. When they go to leave, they'll donate it to someone. My wife is a diehard Classic fan. She has had the same one for 40 years on her keychain, and combined with a keychain tool, won't carry anything else.
Barry

User avatar
bearrowland
Member
Posts: 780
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:59 pm
Location: Central Pennsylvania

Re: Victorinox photo and discussion thread!

Postby bearrowland » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:38 pm

I love those scales Rick!
Barry


Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: James Y, nicked.onaut and 4 guests