Favorite movie quotes

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
z4vdBt

Re: Favorite movie quotes

Postby z4vdBt » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:39 am

Here. You let me know if you find anything. Press that button to speak, let it go to listen.

Will do.

And always say over at the end of a transmission.

Copy that.

10-4. He's on a different mission. Thinks he's back on the force. The glory days.

Want to find Mrs. Bishop. Crack a cold case. Over.

► Show Spoiler

Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Postby Doc Dan » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:40 am

It’s inconceivable!

The Princess Bride
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

"Until we meet again, may the good Lord take a liking to you."
(Roy Rogers)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050

z4vdBt

Postby z4vdBt » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:38 am

Amazon prime quotes anyway. Started watching Bosch during my 30 day free trial...

- - -

I got a name off the tape.

The possible girlfriend?

Layla. Like the song.

What song?

You know, Derek and the Dominos?

Bosch S2 E3

- - -

Harry. When you get back to LA, can we skype?

Skype? Is that like Hulu?

Bosch S1 E6

- - -

I'm not talking about those Florsheim clodhoppers you wear. These shoes are called the burns. Made in Italy by To Boot New York.

Let me ask you something. If they're made in Italy, why is the company called To Boot New York?

For real?

Just saying.

Bosch S1 E4

z4vdBt

Postby z4vdBt » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:41 am

Doc Dan wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:40 am
inconceivable

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Doc Dan

Postby Doc Dan » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:47 am

z4vdBt wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:41 am
Doc Dan wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:40 am
inconceivable

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - the most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

(Roy Rogers)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050

JD Spydo

Postby JD Spydo » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:01 am

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned. But just yesterday I saw a trailer on the new, upcoming "Terminator" movie. And they had Sarah Connor using Arnold's old line of "I'll Be Back" :rolleyes: It truly caught me off guard but I immediately remember Arnold saying that in both the other Terminator movies. I might even try to go see that one. I'm one of the weird ones that actually like those Terminator movies. Especially the one with the "Liquid Metal Terminator" :eek: That guy had an ATTITUDE!!! :D

Also if you all remember they had Chuckie out of one of those Childs Play movies using that line too :D I've often wondered what Arnold might have thought about that one :rolleyes:

Wartstein

Postby Wartstein » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:00 am

JD Spydo wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:01 am
Forgive me if this has already been mentioned. But just yesterday I saw a trailer on the new, upcoming "Terminator" movie. And they had Sarah Connor using Arnold's old line of "I'll Be Back" :rolleyes: It truly caught me off guard but I immediately remember Arnold saying that in both the other Terminator movies. I might even try to go see that one. I'm one of the weird ones that actually like those Terminator movies. Especially the one with the "Liquid Metal Terminator" :eek: That guy had an ATTITUDE!!! :D

Also if you all remember they had Chuckie out of one of those Childs Play movies using that line too :D I've often wondered what Arnold might have thought about that one :rolleyes:
As you will most likely are aware of, Arnold originally is an Austrian country fellow man of mine.
I often think: Whatever he might say, you guys must find his accent rather... I don´t know WHAT exactly... funny? strange? cool?... ;)
Top three going by pocket-time: Endura 4 in VG 10/Micarta-scales; Stretch 1 in VG 10; Endura 4 in HAP 40

Doc Dan

Postby Doc Dan » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:41 am

Wartstein wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:00 am
JD Spydo wrote:

As you will most likely are aware of, Arnold originally is an Austrian country fellow man of mine.
I often think: Whatever he might say, you guys must find his accent rather... I don´t know WHAT exactly... funny? strange? cool?... ;)
He was originally told his accent would hinder his career. Instead, it enhanced his career and did not hurt him in politics either.

(Roy Rogers)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050

MichaelScott

Postby MichaelScott » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:31 am

“I’m trying to think, but nothing happens.” — Curley
What doesn’t kill you will make you stronger. Except infantry. Infantry will kill you.

“Gentlemen, bring out your men.” — T. J. Jackson, Second Manassas, 1862

http://acehotel.blog

JRinFL

Postby JRinFL » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:50 pm

“No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!” - Goldfinger
Used to be JR in CT with a much earlier join date. :rolleyes: :spyder: Native in 440v was my gateway Spyderco! :spyder:

z4vdBt

Postby z4vdBt » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:34 am

Excuse me captain, I know this may sound silly but... can you fly?

Nope. Never had a lesson.

► Show Spoiler

James Y

Postby James Y » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:02 am

JD Spydo wrote:
Robert Patrick was excellent as the T-1000 (liquid metal Terminator). And you’re not weird for liking those movies, at least the first two. IMO, they, along with Aliens (1986), are still director James Cameron’s best and most entertaining movies, before his movies started becoming all self-conscious/self-righteous. I was living in Taiwan when T2 came out, and it was a huge mega-hit there. So there were (are) a lot of people who like those movies.

It’s probably been posted already, but another great Schwarzenegger quote, from Conan the Barbarian, is: “Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!”

Jim

Doc Dan

Postby Doc Dan » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:06 pm

Well, son; since you don't have any respect for your elders, it's time somebody taught you some respect for your betters!
John Wayne in Big Jake

(Roy Rogers)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050

VooDooChild

Postby VooDooChild » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:18 am

A person is smart.
People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it.

z4vdBt

Postby z4vdBt » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:30 am

Harry you ok?

My dog ran off.

► Show Spoiler

z4vdBt

Postby z4vdBt » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:38 am

Hey John. Pretty good fight huh?

Yeah.

► Show Spoiler