Favorite movie quotes

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
z4vdBt

Re: Favorite movie quotes

Post by z4vdBt »

Here. You let me know if you find anything. Press that button to speak, let it go to listen.

Will do.

And always say over at the end of a transmission.

Copy that.

10-4. He's on a different mission. Thinks he's back on the force. The glory days.

Want to find Mrs. Bishop. Crack a cold case. Over.

► Show Spoiler
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

It’s inconceivable!

The Princess Bride
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
z4vdBt

Post by z4vdBt »

Amazon prime quotes anyway. Started watching Bosch during my 30 day free trial...

- - -

I got a name off the tape.

The possible girlfriend?

Layla. Like the song.

What song?

You know, Derek and the Dominos?

Bosch S2 E3

- - -

Harry. When you get back to LA, can we skype?

Skype? Is that like Hulu?

Bosch S1 E6

- - -

I'm not talking about those Florsheim clodhoppers you wear. These shoes are called the burns. Made in Italy by To Boot New York.

Let me ask you something. If they're made in Italy, why is the company called To Boot New York?

For real?

Just saying.

Bosch S1 E4
z4vdBt

Post by z4vdBt »

Doc Dan wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:40 am
inconceivable

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

z4vdBt wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:41 am
Doc Dan wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:40 am
inconceivable

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - the most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned. But just yesterday I saw a trailer on the new, upcoming "Terminator" movie. And they had Sarah Connor using Arnold's old line of "I'll Be Back" :rolleyes: It truly caught me off guard but I immediately remember Arnold saying that in both the other Terminator movies. I might even try to go see that one. I'm one of the weird ones that actually like those Terminator movies. Especially the one with the "Liquid Metal Terminator" :eek: That guy had an ATTITUDE!!! :D

Also if you all remember they had Chuckie out of one of those Childs Play movies using that line too :D I've often wondered what Arnold might have thought about that one :rolleyes:
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

JD Spydo wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:01 am
Forgive me if this has already been mentioned. But just yesterday I saw a trailer on the new, upcoming "Terminator" movie. And they had Sarah Connor using Arnold's old line of "I'll Be Back" :rolleyes: It truly caught me off guard but I immediately remember Arnold saying that in both the other Terminator movies. I might even try to go see that one. I'm one of the weird ones that actually like those Terminator movies. Especially the one with the "Liquid Metal Terminator" :eek: That guy had an ATTITUDE!!! :D

Also if you all remember they had Chuckie out of one of those Childs Play movies using that line too :D I've often wondered what Arnold might have thought about that one :rolleyes:
As you will most likely are aware of, Arnold originally is an Austrian country fellow man of mine.
I often think: Whatever he might say, you guys must find his accent rather... I don´t know WHAT exactly... funny? strange? cool?... ;)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Wartstein wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:00 am
JD Spydo wrote:

As you will most likely are aware of, Arnold originally is an Austrian country fellow man of mine.
I often think: Whatever he might say, you guys must find his accent rather... I don´t know WHAT exactly... funny? strange? cool?... ;)
He was originally told his accent would hinder his career. Instead, it enhanced his career and did not hurt him in politics either.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

“I’m trying to think, but nothing happens.” — Curley
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

“No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!” - Goldfinger
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
z4vdBt

Post by z4vdBt »

Excuse me captain, I know this may sound silly but... can you fly?

Nope. Never had a lesson.

► Show Spoiler
James Y

Post by James Y »

JD Spydo wrote:
Robert Patrick was excellent as the T-1000 (liquid metal Terminator). And you’re not weird for liking those movies, at least the first two. IMO, they, along with Aliens (1986), are still director James Cameron’s best and most entertaining movies, before his movies started becoming all self-conscious/self-righteous. I was living in Taiwan when T2 came out, and it was a huge mega-hit there. So there were (are) a lot of people who like those movies.

It’s probably been posted already, but another great Schwarzenegger quote, from Conan the Barbarian, is: “Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!”

Jim
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Well, son; since you don't have any respect for your elders, it's time somebody taught you some respect for your betters!
John Wayne in Big Jake

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

A person is smart.
People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
z4vdBt

Post by z4vdBt »

Harry you ok?

My dog ran off.

► Show Spoiler
z4vdBt

Post by z4vdBt »

Hey John. Pretty good fight huh?

Yeah.

► Show Spoiler
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

The Accountant.

Christian Wolff: If I don't do something, Dana will die.

Justine: Risking your life for a girl you've known a week, why?

[no response]

Justine: Heavy sigh... what's the plan?

Christian Wolff: Find the person who wants to kill her.

Justine: And?

Christian Wolff: Shoot them in the head
z4vdBt

Post by z4vdBt »

mixing it up with a book quote...

Listen up guys. This is a military flight, not FAA, so you get the military preflight announcement OK? Which is, don't worry, because we ain't going to crash. And if we do, you're mashed into ground beef and burned to a cinder anyway, so what's to worry about?

Running Blind (Jack Reacher #4), Lee Child (2000)
Crux

Post by Crux »

Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in.
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
z4vdBt

Post by z4vdBt »

another book (that was made into a movie - Arrival (2016)) quote:

Mom, can I ask you something?

Sure sweetie, go ahead.

Can I be, um, honored?

What do you mean?

At school Sharon said she got to be honored.

Really? Did she tell you what for?

It was when her big sister got married. She said only one person could be, um, honored, and she was it.

Ah, I see. You mean Sharon was maid of honor?

Yeah, that's it. Can I be made of honor?

► Show Spoiler