Springfield Saint Victor.

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
benben

Springfield Saint Victor.

Post by benben »

Anyone here own one? I'm thinking real hard on a 9" Saint Victor pistol in 300 AAC Blackout. Just curious if anyone here owns a Springfield Saint Rifle in either the Saint or the Victor, 300 or 5.56, and either the 9" pistol or a 16" rifle. Just curious about any opinions on the Springfield AR platform.

Thanks!
download/file.php?mode=view&id=35117
Attachments
Springfield-Armory-SAINT-Victor-3.jpg
OldHoosier62

Re: Springfield Saint Victor.

Post by OldHoosier62 »

Go to Palmetto State Armory and piece it out and build it yourself. Save yourself a bit of money.

Is this thing going to be a range toy, going to attempt hunting something with it, home defense.... Or????????

After SA tried to go behind gun owners backs and tried to cut a sweetheart deal with Illinois while screwing all the other firearms manufacturers and dealers.... They are dead to me and won't get another penny of my money.
benben

Post by benben »

Thanks for replying Hoosier. I have a PSA 5.56 rifle that works fine, the Saint is definitely more money but it’s also definitely more refined and slicker, I don’t mind splurging a *little* more. Other than a optic, nothing has to be upgraded on this one. And honestly I’ll probably use Magpul pop-up sights on this one.

This one with be for Home defense and a range / plinking rifle for me and my kids. Thought about a suppressed 300 pistol which is where the Blackout shines, I’m just not going to spend the money on a can, and deal with the wait. This one will max out at 100 / 150 yards max.

Maybe I need to check out the PSA options again?

I’ve honestly never owned a Springfield firearm. Was this Illinois issue you’re talking about a contract bid?
SkullBouncer

Post by SkullBouncer »

Very nearly bought myself a Springfield Arms M1A1 IIRC... 308 cal / 7.62 x 51 mm with tripod. This was before the first of the draconian 'assault rifle' bans of 14 makes here in Colorado. Never liked that term to describe those particular semi- auto firearms. One day they were here; the next ...all gone until the ban's sunset.

Wound up buying a Colt AR-15 A2 Gov't Carbine w/ collapsible stock. Just a little fella, and a bit too short for my size and frame. Standard ammo .223 cal / 5.56 mm.
She's extremely accurate beyond 100 yards with stock iron sights. 400 yard range with optics firing from bench rest. She'll remain stock -- not for home defense per se as far as I go, but also a great investment. I take her and my other firearms into the mountains west of Denver for 3 day or so camping retreats with friends and their firearms. My AR Magazines are (3) 30 round Magpul units plus (2) 20 round stock clips. Outfitted with muzzle brake (not to be confused with a 'flash suppressor' as all too many rifles are these days). Hardly kicks as configured, plus great target acquisition.

Another fave is my I.M.I .50AE Desert Eagle gas- op military pistol -- made in Israel of course; bench rest firing is accurate to 200 yards with a 2x Leupold scope. I'm on my third, the Mk XIX platform -- universal caliber change- outs as well in .357 and .44 mag right there on the range. Brushed chrome finish, Hogue synthetic rubber combat grips, and a real treat to shoot. The .50AE puts out just under a ton of muzzle energy with the 6" barrel; other barrels are interchangeable as well as bolts and magazines -- field strips in mere seconds.

My home protection is in the form of a Ruger P-85 Mk II 9mm with 15 round clips. A great little pistol -- she joins us on camp outs as well.

===================================================================

:spyder: :spyder: Stay Sharp --
-- SB / BRUCE :cool: :cool:
Last edited by SkullBouncer on Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

It's a nice looking rifle. I have a Springfield M1A Scout, and she is just perfect. Just a little take up and ZERO Creep!
So, imo, I would seriously consider a Springfield product.
Or, as mentioned earlier, build one yourself.
OldHoosier62

Post by OldHoosier62 »

Springfield attempted to make a deal with the politicians in Illinois to make themselves exempt from the laws being passed controlling and constricting firearms sales. It was in late 2016, early 2017. They were willing to sell out other manufacturers and firearms dealers to carve out a safe spot for themselves. So much for being staunch supporters of the 2nd Ammendment. It was quite a scandal in the firearms community at the time and their sales have suffered from it. I know many dealers who refuse to order from them and won't take their products on trade or for consignment.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Lol, that was absolutely stupid of Springfield

Nonetheless, damned if I wouldnt buy another M1A.
They are incredible rifles :D