Where is The Peacent? He Must Return!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JD Spydo

Where is The Peacent? He Must Return!

Post by JD Spydo »

One contributor I've really been missing lately is our good Spyder-Brother "The Peacent". His input has been so helpful and valuable in the past year or so to me that I truly hope his sabatical will be a short one. I hope all is well with him and hope he returns soon. If any of you are aware of "The Peacent's" whereabouts or if any of you stay in touch with him please let him know that his knife-wisdom is sorely missed here at Spyderville and we need his immediate return.

Not to mention his knowledge on Hawkbills and other specialty type blades has been extremely helpful too. Brother PEACENT!!! Your vacation is over!!! Spyderville is calling my friend :D :cool:
TkoK83Spy

Re: Where is The Peacent? He Must Return!

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Funny you mention him Joe, I thought about him the other day...miss seeing his posts of him carrying a multitool and like 5 folders every day! I hope all is well with him :confused:

Also our brother Michael Scott had been a bit silent of late. I know he has a lot of medical issues going on.

I hope all is well with both of these great contributing members to the forum. Would love for them to chime in so we know they are ok!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:28 pm
Funny you mention him Joe, I thought about him the other day...miss seeing his posts of him carrying a multitool and like 5 folders every day! I hope all is well with him :confused:

Also our brother Michael Scott had been a bit silent of late. I know he has a lot of medical issues going on.

I hope all is well with both of these great contributing members to the forum. Would love for them to chime in so we know they are ok!
Yeah I hope both of them are well. But it is strange how Brother PEACENT just seemed to fall off the radar screen as he did. He's been my go-to guy on Hawkbills and other specialty blades more than about anyone else here with the possible exception of the honorable Dr. Hannibal Lecter M.D.>> who unfortunately doesn't come around much himself lately.

But PEACENT is a treasure to this Forum and he must return ASAP. But let's keep him in our prayers and hope is absence is only temporary. Let's also keep Michael Scott in our prayers too. I hope he returns soon as well.
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

I know The Peacent’s mum was ill a while back and he was helping out but that was some time ago. Hope all’s well with him (David).

Michael’s well. I chatted with him briefly on Saturday. He finished another Chemo session last week and all seems as well as can be. :)
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

Hey gentlemen, I am not dead yet!! :D

Firstly, glad to hear that Michael is well, in spite of his therapy. He's a strong man! :)

Secondly, I am happy that I have people here who show and have shown their friendliness and care for me, it's very nice to have good Internet friends as it is to have them in "real life", so thank you all for being here. :o I do appreciate you all

Finally, I have been absent from all forums because a few things happened in my life, all of them in a short period of time, and they took all my effort, time and dedication to be addressed.

Fortunately they are good things, among them the fact that I got a new job (with extremely long hours and pretty demanding schedule, day after day, so that made it really hard to find spare time, I've dozens of threads and news to read!) and that my mother has been given the disability due to her illness, so now she has social and economic assistance and advantages.

It took lots of paperwork but I managed with the bureaucracy, and now it's all good.
Finally, I can gladly carry all my "usual stuff" at the workplace :cool: , in fact I use it frequently there, and these have been chosen for this week. I purposely took this pic as I was finally planning to come back for a bit, now that things are all tied up and calmer

Now I swap them up less often, admittedly, as they just work and I only change for variety's sake :rolleyes:
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Good to see you Peacent!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Nice to hear from you, Peacent.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Hey Peacent, glad to hear all is well with you and yours! I've missed your contribution to the forum.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

We ask, and we shall receive! :)
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Good to hear from you, bro. I was wondering where you were a few days ago. Do you use your knives as much in your new job?
- best wishes, Jazz.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Sorry If I was being sort of paranoid Brother PEACENT but we were just concerned. Spyderville most definitely lacks a lot of stimulating conversation when you're not around :D On top of that I'm about to go on another Hawkbill rage before too long and your input is always valuable for those types of threads :cool: .
I hope all is well on your side of the pond ( Atlantic Ocean :eek: ) Yep there sure was a vacuum with you being gone my friend :D
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Glad to hear it, and that Michael Scott is OK, as well!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD,
Has anyone heard from FarNorthDan?
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

There's all those multitools, I was beginning to think something was wrong lol
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Glad all is as well as can be.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:05 pm
JD,
I always liked Dan's contribution to the group and his lack of participation hasn't gone unnoticed by me the past 12 months. I look at his account activity every once in awhile and he had been logging in here and there. Looks like he hasn't logged in since January.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=24012

Another member that went off the radar is KnickKnackCity. Walter was kind enough to pick me up a Native 5 LW Maxamet at the last seconds sale back in November. We communicated shortly after that. Then some time after the holidays I noticed I hadn't seen him post in awhile. Looks like he hasn't logged in since December. I sent him an email to check on him.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:46 pm
MacLaren wrote:
JD,
I always liked Dan's contribution to the group and his lack of participation hasn't gone unnoticed by me the past 12 months. I look at his account activity every once in awhile and he had been logging in here and there. Looks like he hasn't logged in since January.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=24012

Another member that went off the radar is KnickKnackCity. Walter was kind enough to pick me up a Native 5 LW Maxamet at the last seconds sale back in November. We communicated shortly after that. Then some time after the holidays I noticed I hadn't seen him post in awhile. Looks like he hasn't logged in since December. I sent him an email to check on him.
Thank you for the link Sharp Guy
Yeah, Dan gifted me my Dragonfly in HAP40.
He was paying it forward. Great guy Dan is.
Just hope all is well with him.
I hope kinckknackcity is ok as well.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
JD,
Funny you would mention FarNorthDan because I have been thinking about him and Donut both lately just as I was about The Peacent. Both of those guys are great guys and they both agree with me a lot on Spyder-Issues :D That is another vacuum of missing components we must address here at Spyderville. I'm sure we will get to the bottom of it.
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

I am so glad you are back Peacent. Your posts and pictures and insights into knives are all so great.
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

Welcome back Peacent!