Horrible: Store broken into and Spyderco knives, etc stolen.

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Silcox

Re: Horrible: Store broken into and Spyderco knives, etc stolen.

Post by Silcox »

Crime will always be around, new strategies will be developed to combat it. Community engagement with the local police, camera systems, good leadership inside communities and cities will always reduce a lot of it.

Keep your head up, deviance is often interesting and thats why it's reported. Good things happen everyday and it just isn't reported.
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

I think this is more of an off-topic thread. Please be mindful of further comments. There's a very fine line and some have danced across it and back.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:36 am
Perhaps one remedy would be to have store display windows made from some form of laminated transparent polymer/shatterproof glass composite that is break proof and have everything well-anchored into solid steel?

I remember bars on the windows of all the stores in Baltimore, MD when I used to live there due to the high theft rates and break-ins etc.

That was before they closed most of them down and moved them outside the city limits later on. ;)

THIS WAS BACK IN THE 1970's.....

Fast forward to today.... over 45 years later or so..... :rolleyes:

Well anyone who reads or watches the news knows how bad Baltimore is today, it doesn't get any worse than that. ;)
OldHoosier62

Post by OldHoosier62 »

I know right where that store is and use to be a constant customer until I moved further south. Was a great place to pick up a bargain or 2 amongst the loads of stuff they had. I'd heard that the neighborhood had went downhill somewhat.

Hope they catch the clown and throw the book at them.
OldHoosier62

Post by OldHoosier62 »

Ankerson wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:17 am
SpyderEdgeForever wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:36 am
Perhaps one remedy would be to have store display windows made from some form of laminated transparent polymer/shatterproof glass composite that is break proof and have everything well-anchored into solid steel?

I remember bars on the windows of all the stores in Baltimore, MD when I used to live there due to the high theft rates and break-ins etc.

That was before they closed most of them down and moved them outside the city limits later on. ;)

THIS WAS BACK IN THE 1970's.....

Fast forward to today.... over 45 years later or so..... :rolleyes:

Well anyone who reads or watches the news knows how bad Baltimore is today, it doesn't get any worse than that. ;)
While stationed at Aberdeen Proving Grounds in the late 80's I had to pick my ex-wife up several nights a week from downtown B-more and even with the horrible gun laws I carried my Browning Hi-Power with 3 spare magazines.... It was rough down there and the car jacking craze was at its height. Rather go down fighting that robbed and beaten or ran over.

People don't really understand how feral the inner city mentality can be.