Pouch for going for walk or biking

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Cao87

Pouch for going for walk or biking

Post by Cao87 »

Hi I am looking for something that I can put my phone and other stuff in for going for a walk or riding my bike because In the summer I wear shorts but the pockets don’t really Fit the phone properly. I’m wondering if something like a fanny pack (I know not like the 80’s style) would be good or if you have any suggestions that would be great. Please don’t make fun of the fanny pack because I think that they are cool lol just kidding
Bloke

Re: Pouch for going for walk or biking

Post by Bloke »

Cao87 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:03 pm
Please don’t make fun of the fanny pack
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

I use a black Maxped Octa when on my motorcycle. The Velcro panel bugged me so I put a photo-reflective panel on it, so it now also looks a lot less ninja.
You can also carry a smaller water bottle in the top elastics.
I still wouldn’t wear it to the pub, though!
z4vdBt

Post by z4vdBt »

search for SilverbreezeBag on etsy and get a drawstring bag.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I bought my very first Victorinox fanny pack back around 2004. Since then I've only been interested in the packs, backpacks and other hiking and camping accessories made and sold by Victorinox. The quality of the Victorinox is so good I really don't have much desire to check out anyone else's products. With the possible exception of Maxpedition. I've heard a lot of good about Maxpedition over the past 5 years or so>> but I've also heard that their prices are really high compared to everyone else's prices.

But I've owned a shoulder pack and back pack along with the 3 fanny packs I still own made by Victorinox and all of their products are very satisfactory IMO.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Bloke that's traumatizing!! 😂😂
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Cao87 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:03 pm
Hi I am looking for something that I can put my phone and other stuff in for going for a walk or riding my bike because In the summer I wear shorts but the pockets don’t really Fit the phone properly. I’m wondering if something like a fanny pack (I know not like the 80’s style) would be good or if you have any suggestions that would be great. Please don’t make fun of the fanny pack because I think that they are cool lol just kidding
I know I'm repeating myself a lot but I can't tell you all enough how great of a selection that Victorinox has of utility packs of all types. To me they are thee best fanny pack out there with the possible exception of Maxpedition which unfortunately is very pricey for what you get. I've had my Victorinox Wallet for slightly over 12 years now and it finally getting enough wear on it to where I'm going to replace it before the year is over.
One Victorinox fanny pack I've had since 2005 is still in good functional condition. For the price there isn't any type of utility gear out there that can compete with them for the price.
If I see anything in the near future that compares to Victorinox gear I will sure take my hat off to them. The last time I was at the Dallas-Ft. Worth airport they had a Swiss Army store that sold all of the Victorinox gear and their prices weren't too bad either. Not as cheap as you can buy them from some online vendors>> but what the heck I like looking at what I buy anyway.
Cao87

Post by Cao87 »

Cool what is the fanny pack from victorinox called so I can look it up
z4vdBt

Post by z4vdBt »

when i ride, i use cycling jerseys, and they either have one big pocket or three pockets located on my lower back. easily fit a water bottle, my cell, garage door opener, and a throw away wallet with id / emergency contact.