Rice: Brown, Red, Black Ect,?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JD Spydo

Re: Rice: Brown, Red, Black Ect,?

Post by JD Spydo »

The Mastiff wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:35 pm
I quit using soy sauce all together. I've got a health food alternative that I even like better. I've been using BRAGG's Liquid Aminos. The same people that make Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar. The liquid Aminos even have a sharper taste that I really like.
Never heard of it but I'm going to try it. There is always something to learn here from you guys. :)
OH Joe if you like Soy Sauce at all you will absolutely love Bragg's Liquid Aminos. It actually even looks like Soy Sauce but it's got a much better flavor and it's loaded with all kinds of nutrients. It doesn't even cost much more. Many grocery stores are selling it along side the Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar which I've also added to my diet because I do believe it's help me to loose weight and I seem to have a bit more energy too. But just about every health food store in the USA has Braggs Liquid Aminos along with many other Bragg products>> and most of them are good too.

This evening I just fixed a big pot of KonRico Louisiana Brown Rice with some black beans along with some Andouille sausage cut up with it. That Louisiana raised brown rice has a real nutty flavor that I just can't resist. The TEXMATI Organic Brown Rice I talked about earlier isn't bad either. But that KONRICO brand of Louisiana Brown Rice is like a delicacy. Also like I said earlier KONRICO makes a rice that literally tastes like Pecan nuts. They call it "Wild Pecan Rice">> it's only available about 4 months out of the year>> because they sell out of it fast compared to their other rice they grow.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:58 pm
That sounds like a great idea, JD. I have read of Bragg's Liquid Aminos. Are there other alternatives to soy that can go good with different types of rice that you know of?
The Bragg's Liquid Aminos even taste better than most Soy Sauce and it is a lot more nutritious as well. You can get it at most Health Food Stores or most Grocery STores that sell Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar usually carry it also. Just like I just told Joe(Mastiff) you can get it at virtually any health food store here in the USA. There is also another great USA grown brand of rice and they raise at least 20 varieties of rice. I'm speaking of the LUNDBERG family out of California. What's really cool about LUNDBERG rice is that it's even claimed to be "organic" even by California standards which are the most strict in the entire USA. IT's extremely hard to get your products rated "organic" in California compared to virtually every state in the USA.
I just polished off a bag of BLACK JAPONICA RICE ( LUNDBERG brand) and I plan on getting me another bag this week. When you guys get "Wild Rice" just make sure you're getting it produced in the state of Minnesota. Because that's where the majority of the Wild Rice is grown and produced here in the USA. The Native Americans that harvest it up in Minnesota have very strict standards that they go by. LUNDBERG sells Wild Rice but they do get theirs from Minnesota they told me over the phone. And Wild Rice is a type of Grass Seed>> and there are 3 varieties of grass that they get the seed from that they call "Wild Rice">> also that Wild Rice is so delicious in turkey stuffing mix. It's makes cornbread dressing/stuffing taste twice as good.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Joe, (J.D.) thanks for taking the time to write this stuff down and sharing this information. I found a local place that carries the Bragg line and a few places that advertise the rice. I'll be picking it up within a week. :)