Mora Eldris

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Mora Eldris

Post by Doc Dan »

Anyone here have experience with this cool looking knife? I hate neck knives but thought this might be a good front pocket knife.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
TomAiello

Re: Mora Eldris

Post by TomAiello »

I have used one for wood carving. It's very thick for the blade length, so it's not really made for slicing. For general woods utility it's ok, but the blade is pretty short. I think it would actually do pretty well as an EDC for cutting open packages, cutting twin, and such, but I'd rather have a thinner blade and a different grind for a lot of my EDC tasks. Not sure how it would do on processing cardboard--if you were careful it would be ok, but the thick blade and scandi grind would probably slow the task down a lot.
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

If it were a flat grind, I would probably buy one. I have a love of small fixed blades. Wonder if it would be a nice little carver though.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
Halfneck

Post by Halfneck »

I had one, but gave it to my son. Too thick for it's size to feel comfortable in my L/XL hand.
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

Review by respected member over BF:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/mor ... s.1524014/
Chris :spyder:
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

The Mora 2/0 is worth a look for a small knife, too. It works a lot better as a general purpose knife than the Eldris, in my opinion.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

This knife seems to draw strong feelings...some love it, some hate it, rarely is anyone indifferent.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

My son has one and loves it. They're good knives, but I'm an Opinel lover when it comes to that end of the price range. Just my preference.
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032