Benchmade/worksharp edge maintenance tool

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
silvershade255

Benchmade/worksharp edge maintenance tool

Post by silvershade255 »

Thoughts? I like the idea of a light system with some kind of angle helper, the strop, clip and plastic casing (should keep the stone in one piece) are just a bonus. That said, I'm still deciding if I'd actually want to carry it much.
"Seven for One"
C99c

Re: Benchmade/worksharp edge maintenance tool

Post by C99c »

If you mean the Field Sharpener then it's very useful. It's pretty much all I use anymore. Get the original yellow non Benchmade model and save $10.
Support Knife Rights. https://kniferights.org/

Don't buy knives from EBAY or AMAZON. There are plenty of good companies that will appreciate your business and don't sell fakes.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Are you talking about this one? It isn’t out yet but looks interesting.

https://www.knifecenter.com/item/BM5003 ... nance-tool
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

It looks cool but I still don't think it will be as useful as the Fallkniven DC3 or DC4. If it is only $20, I'll probably pick it up. Usually don't need a stone in my pocket, but a little strop would be nice.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
justjohn

Post by justjohn »

It could be a handy item to put in a backpack or a vehicle glove box. I think I will hold off on this one in the hope that Spyderco will come up with something better that is uniquely theirs...maybe the SpydieStone or SpydieHone? [Note: Any names or slogans I put on the Spyderco Forum become their sole property and I waive any claim to compensation of any type.] :D
- John

:bug-red "Spyderco"...Vēnērunt, vīdērunt, vīcērunt :bug-red