Why no raisin M&M’s....

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
PStone

Re: Why no raisin M&M’s....

Post by PStone »

demoncase wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:42 am

Aha- but consider....

Food science. :D
That makes 100% sense. So it will probably never happen.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

I like M&Ms in almost any variation 😍
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

I can't get the California Raisins out of my head now😀
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
Mrheather

Post by Mrheather »

I know this is a super old post, but since I just found it by searching the same question, maybe someone else might find this helpful… They do have what you are talking about, they just aren’t made by m&m. Here is a link to them
https://www.ohnuts.com/buy.cfm/bulk-cho ... ow-raisins
Snacktime

Post by Snacktime »

Super old? I helped with the design of the cartoner that put the bags in boxes 10 years ago. Simple answer to why no raisin M&Ms is volume of sales. Same thing with Spyderco, switching product slows production. Mars literally runs non stop, 1000 candy bars a minute into a packer. When I left in 2010 Mars had 10+ machines and had 5 on order. Plus constant retrofits to up production.

The other M&M products look like they recycle product waste into sellable products. Big savings!
My socks carry tip up MNOSD Member 0021
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Question for the experts.

Is there such a thing as almond mm's?
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

If we going out there why not M&M Deer Jerky ? Get that salt / sweet at same time.
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Snacktime

Post by Snacktime »

Cadbury Egg M&M would be my dream.
My socks carry tip up MNOSD Member 0021
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Naperville wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:38 pm

Yes, and they're even still in production.

All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Evil D wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:19 am
Naperville wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:38 pm

Yes, and they're even still in production.

Those are going on my list! Gotta try them out.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I really like the almond ones. The peanut butter are pretty good too. I don’t actually even like candy that much, or any sweets for that matter. I do love nuts. One of my biggest weaknesses. I eat peanuts by the pound.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
James Y

Post by James Y »

Sorry for going a bit OT, but I can't eat any chocolate at all, due to a sensitivity that developed in my 40s; now, chocolate gives me severe headaches. I loved chocolate as a kid, but totally avoid it now.

The only candy I like and can still eat if I want to are Payday bars. But I only have some maybe once a year. I get a couple bags of fun-sized Payday bars for Halloween, just in case. But our neighborhood has few little kids, and many years no trick-or-treaters, so I have a windfall of Payday bars for myself.

😃

Jim
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:01 pm
I really like the almond ones. The peanut butter are pretty good too. I don’t actually even like candy that much, or any sweets for that matter. I do love nuts. One of my biggest weaknesses. I eat peanuts by the pound.

I've just recently discovered sea salted pecans and macadamias and I'm not sure how I made it this far through life without them.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Evil D wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:47 pm
bearfacedkiller wrote:

I've just recently discovered sea salted pecans and macadamias and I'm not sure how I made it this far through life without them.
I like them all but eat more peanuts than anything else. That said, pistachios must have come straight from heaven.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
u.w.

Post by u.w. »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:51 pm
Evil D wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:47 pm
bearfacedkiller wrote:

I like them all but eat more peanuts than anything else. That said, pistachios must have come straight from heaven.

There ya go. Pistachio M&M'S...

u.w.
PStone

Post by PStone »

Haha! I remember this thread! Haven’t seen my old name DirtMcGirt here in a while. I do still use that name a couple places though. Thanks for the lead Mrheather, but alas they are sold out.
Mrheather wrote: I know this is a super old post, but since I just found it by searching the same question, maybe someone else might find this helpful… They do have what you are talking about, they just aren’t made by m&m. Here is a link to them
https://www.ohnuts.com/buy.cfm/bulk-cho ... ow-raisins
Also there are some really really good suggestions here. Jerky? Omg yes! Pistachio? Heck yeah!

I found that the ultimate solution to my request was to simply just eat a small handful of whatever I want mixed with plain m&m’s. Gonna have to get some jerky tonight….
termite

Post by termite »

The Almond M&M's are great. I'd forgotten them.
Raisin M&M's?...and I'm not being a smart a$$. For years I've mixed a bag of each (plain M&M's and raisins)-because I always thought they should've made 'em. This is close enough. It'll get ya there. Buon M&Mo!!