Ford vs Ferrari

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Extra330SC

Ford vs Ferrari

Post by Extra330SC »

Don't go to movies much in recent years...but this flick looks entertaining!
https://youtu.be/zyYgDtY2AMY

James
TkoK83Spy

Re: Ford vs Ferrari

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Definitely looks like a good flick, as an avid car enthusiast. All time Ferrari or Ford cars...what would be your choice!? Ferrari is the sexier/fancier name, but Ford had put out some incredible cars over the years. That would honestly have to be a thought out decision on my part, if given the opportunity of just 1 car from either company. How about you guys, what would you choose!?
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I was wondering why they were both waving the green flag at the start of the Indy 500. This esplains it! :)
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Porsche.

But, I’d probably buy two or three Fords.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:51 pm
Definitely looks like a good flick, as an avid car enthusiast. All time Ferrari or Ford cars...what would be your choice!? Ferrari is the sexier/fancier name, but Ford had put out some incredible cars over the years. That would honestly have to be a thought out decision on my part, if given the opportunity of just 1 car from either company. How about you guys, what would you choose!?
I'm conflicted between the two! My dad was second generation Italian American who ended up owning /operating gas station and auto repair facilities. His favorite American brand was Ford. I grew up helping him rebuild and restore 66, 67, And 68 Mustangs. My first car was a 1966 Mustang GT with Rally Pac and pony interior!
Ford first ....with the one car option being a 1968 GT500!!

James

My father had a sign mounted on the property where I grew up...."Italian and Ford parking only" :D
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Geeez...that's a darn nice first car! Mine was a 2000 Dodge Neon hahaa.

Yea, you really can't go wrong with just about any model of the GT500's! Those mid to late 60's and very early 70's muscle cars make me drool at all the auto shows. Who needs all the glitz and glamour of technology these days. Give me a big ole motor and lots of room under the hood to tinker!

-Rick
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

My father in law is the president of a large ford club. I probably should say Ford. :)

I would take a Skyline GTR over a Ford or a Ferrari. ;)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:09 pm
My father in law is the president of a large ford club. I probably should say Ford. :)

I would take a Skyline GTR over a Ford or a Ferrari. ;)
YEP!!! Twin Turbo, AWD...absolute MONSTER! Lambo killer for a 1/3 of the price.

When I had my Evo X, which is Turbo/AWD with a turbo swap and various other goodies, it put out 383WHP. I had a racing tune that could push 415WHP but wasn't really safe for the car because of a mod I was lacking, so I never tried it. :rolleyes: Pretty solid numbers for a 2.0 liter 4 cylinder!

Anyways, I was fortunate enough to get a quick pull with a GTR during the Syracuse Nationals on interstate 81 one evening. I knew my car didn't stand a chance, but wanted to see what I had compared to one of them and was lucky enough that the guy didn't just blow me off. We did a 30 roll to 80mph. I kid you not, my car gripped and went as I watched my boost gauge/rpm's for about a half second as I was thrown back in my seat. No joke...a half second. I looked up and this guy was already a full car length ahead of me! No idea if his car had work done or not, but it was incredible.

Sorry to get off topic guys, Darby got me excited about that encounter...and now makes me miss my old car :o

-Rick
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Glad to see this story told in a movie. I hope they get the facts straight. I bet Ferrari aren't too happy about it though.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

How about the GT40 or Shelby connection? Sexy cars with good old fashioned engineering.
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

Evil D wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:58 pm
Glad to see this story told in a movie. I hope they get the facts straight. I bet Ferrari aren't too happy about it though.
Hollywood seems to take a story with more then enough dramatic events and REAL facts...and turn it to complete crap . Keeping my fingers crossed the movie adheres to what really transpired! The visual and audio should be good though. ... :cool:

James