Apple Cider Vinegar: With The MOTHER

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JD Spydo

Apple Cider Vinegar: With The MOTHER

Post by JD Spydo »

Well over this past winter somehow I gained about 12 to 15 pounds and that's kind of unusual for me because I've always been in pretty good shape and for my age I've maintained being slim >>and this is one of the very few times I've put on some pudge around my gut. No I don't have a full blown pot belly yet :rolleyes: and I'm going to go to great lengths to see that doesn't happen. But anyway I was chatting with a dear lady friend of mine who over the years has educated me a great deal on health food, vitamins and herbal concoctions. And there has been about 3 times her recommendations have been great when I was in a pinch.

But about a month ago I told her over the phone that I was getting a little bit of flab around my mid section and she quickly said that was easy to fix. She then recommended me to get a couple of quarts of Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar with The MOTHER >> well I immediately asked her why any apple cider vinegar wouldn't do?? She quickly informed me that few apple cider vinegars were truly in their natural state and hardly any of them still contained what people call "The MOTHER". Well I did some of my own research and discovered that natural made apple cider vinegar just naturally had the properties the "MOTHER" part of the vinegar just comes natually but most makers filter it out for some strange reason :confused: She went on to say that I could not go wrong with the BRAGGS brand so I got two bottles of it.

Well to make a long story shorter I've been doing shot glasses ( about 1 complete ounce) of Braggs Vinegar about 3 to 4 times daily every day for the past 3 weeks and I'm already dropping some pounds. It took a couple of weeks for this stuff to grab ahold and take effect but I can tell that it is working. I've also gained some noticeable extra vitality and have felt great the past two weeks or so. So I'm wondering how many of you are aware of the great properties of natural apple cider vinegar With THE MOTHER? Do any of you have a testimony about it? I've got to admit that downing these shot glasses of straight apple cider vinegar has almost made me upchuck a couple of times but I'm slowly getting used to it. I also thought that all that acid would throw my system out of whack but just the opposite seems to be taking place. So let's talk about apple cider vinegar with the MOTHER ???
James Y

Re: Apple Cider Vinegar: With The MOTHER

Post by James Y »

I was taking Bragg's apple cider vinegar with "the mother" mixed with water every day, because I heard it's great for getting rid of allergies. I did that for a few years. Unfortunately, I haven't kept it up. I even still have some in a bottle in the cupboard. I should start it up again, but I'd be very cautious about drinking it straight. I've always avoided drinking it straight, as I had heard that can be bad for the stomach. I'm actually in good physical shape, other than having a slight chronic injury, but maybe starting up again would be good. I never heard about using it to lose fat. The taste, even when diluted in some water, takes getting used to.

Jim
Last edited by James Y on Fri May 31, 2019 10:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Hey Joe,

Another idea you could try, that is a pretty healthy way to also suppress your appetite a bit...is drink a glass of lemon water every morning you wake up. Cut up a fresh lemon, put it in 12oz glass or so, add water and let it sit at room temperature overnight and drink it when you wake up in the morning. Not only is it a refreshing drink, it's loaded with antioxidants and vitamin C. It hydrates you, helps aiding you in waking up and apparently suppresses the appetite a bit as well. There's plenty of articles about the values of lemon water, you should check them out! I think drinking that much apple cider vinegar could have some negative side effects on your stomach over time.

Just a thought bud!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 10:15 am
Hey Joe,

Another idea you could try, that is a pretty healthy way to also suppress your appetite a bit...is drink a glass of lemon water every morning you wake up. Cut up a fresh lemon, put it in 12oz glass or so, add water and let it sit at room temperature overnight and drink it when you wake up in the morning. Not only is it a refreshing drink, it's loaded with antioxidants and vitamin C. It hydrates you, helps aiding you in waking up and apparently suppresses the appetite a bit as well. There's plenty of articles about the values of lemon water, you should check them out! I think drinking that much apple cider vinegar could have some negative side effects on your stomach over time.

Just a thought bud!
Yeah I've heard about the virtues of Lemon Water. And I've got access to good quality citrus fruit here in this area. But the Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar is doing something to my body because I've had more energy lately than I've had in over a year. I probably ate too much chocolate and ice cream over the winter and I'm going to eliminate those for the time being. I just love that Ghirardelli Chocolate>> it's truly like a narcotic for me :o

Also I can't resist Haagen Dazs Ice cream when they are running a sale on it. But that's going to be eliminated for a while too. I don't drink any soda pop at all. I used to drink maybe one or 2 of the Mexican made Coca-Colas every month but I've quit pop completely because I truly believe it's all poison and not good for your overall health. Because of my two surgeries I've had in the past year I've probably been more sedentary than I ever have been in the past. I'm usually a get the **** out of bed and do something type person. But healing up from foot and knee surgery has been a battle to say the least. But I am going to start to take a really hard look at my overall diet too. But the Braggs vinegar is having an effect. I just got an e-mail saying that there is stuff you should mix with your Braggs vinegar to get it to work faster and better> I'll check that out. But I do welcome many more comments.
z4vdBt

Post by z4vdBt »

watch out for erosion of tooth enamel. read somewhere you could always drink it with a straw to bypass your teeth.

you want to lose weight and especially lose the visceral fat around your midsection / in (yes in) and around your organs? low carb high fat ketogenic diet. atkins works.

do read Gary Taubes' Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About it.

fatty liver disease and ketogenic diets

Lack of Saturated Fat Consumption: At least two studies, one from Duke University, and one from Cambridge University have shown that reducing carbohydrate consumption and increasing saturated fat intake helps the liver shed excess fat in as little as three days.

they now call it non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD), because way back when, only those that abused alcohol had liver problems. now those that abuse sugar and processed foods do.

basically mid section fat is one of the signs of metabolic syndrome.
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

I’ve been trying it the last couple of weeks or so, as part of a recent general effort to improve my well-being, including reduced fat/sugar intake, Iyengar yoga, regular exercise, cutting back on the booze...

Watered down, it tastes just like rough cider, so being a country lad, I’ve just been reliving my youth!

I’ve been losing weight anyway, so hand on heart I couldn’t attribute anything precisely to the cider vinegar. After JD’s success I think I’ll keep going with it.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

I'm approx 40lbs over weight and mentioned non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) to my Dr and they looked at me like I was a scammer. These people have no clue. They have degrees and we cannot even approach them to ask abt a possible medical condition.

They wanted to know where I got such an idea. I was like, "I was reading a diet book and came across the term."

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
z4vdBt

Post by z4vdBt »

ChrisinHove wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 3:50 pm
... part of a recent general effort to improve my well-being, including reduced fat

houston we have a problem. fat does not make you fat.
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

z4vdBt wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:52 am
ChrisinHove wrote:
... part of a recent general effort to improve my well-being, including reduced fat

Really? I’m interested. My (probably over simplistic) belief is that both animal and vegetable fat is stored energy, so if you consume it but don’t expend it, you’ll put on weight (get fat!).

Tbh, I’m following the simple approach of trying to eat less and exercise more, so I’m really just cutting back on the unnecessary, high calorie, high fat parts of my diet - like my colossal cheese intake and habit of picking up pies to snack on whilst working.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

z4vdBt wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 1:30 pm
watch out for erosion of tooth enamel. read somewhere you could always drink it with a straw to bypass your teeth.

you want to lose weight and especially lose the visceral fat around your midsection / in (yes in) and around your organs? low carb high fat ketogenic diet. atkins works.

do read Gary Taubes' Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About it.

fatty liver disease and ketogenic diets

Lack of Saturated Fat Consumption: At least two studies, one from Duke University, and one from Cambridge University have shown that reducing carbohydrate consumption and increasing saturated fat intake helps the liver shed excess fat in as little as three days.

they now call it non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD), because way back when, only those that abused alcohol had liver problems. now those that abuse sugar and processed foods do.

basically mid section fat is one of the signs of metabolic syndrome.
Thank you for the extra information. All of it was interesting.
z4vdBt

Post by z4vdBt »

ChrisinHove wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:16 am
Really? I’m interested. My (probably over simplistic) belief is that both animal and vegetable fat is stored energy, so if you consume it but don’t expend it, you’ll put on weight (get fat!).

Tbh, I’m following the simple approach of trying to eat less and exercise more, so I’m really just cutting back on the unnecessary, high calorie, high fat parts of my diet - like my colossal cheese intake and habit of picking up pies to snack on whilst working.

Why Fat Doesn’t Make You Fat! 1-8-16
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Naperville wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 4:18 pm
I'm approx 40lbs over weight and mentioned non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) to my Dr and they looked at me like I was a scammer. These people have no clue. They have degrees and we cannot even approach them to ask abt a possible medical condition.
Is your "doctor" an actual MD?

There are a lot of Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, etc, who present themselves as "doctors" when they have only a tiny fraction of the training of an actual physician.

In my state (Idaho), a nurse practitioner (who will generally present themself as a "doctor") is actually required to have _less training that a beautician_. That's right, the person who you think is your "doctor" may actually have less training than the guy who cuts your hair.

I've taken to asking up front if the person I'm talking to is an actual MD, and then if they're not asking to see a real doctor instead.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

ChrisinHove wrote:
z4vdBt wrote:
ChrisinHove wrote:

This book: https://www.amazon.com/Obesity-Code-Unl ... 1536682187

Has a lot of very interesting academic information about why that's not necessarily the case. It's well worth reading it.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

TomAiello wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:28 pm
Naperville wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 4:18 pm
Is your "doctor" an actual MD?

There are a lot of Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, etc, who present themselves as "doctors" when they have only a tiny fraction of the training of an actual physician.

In my state (Idaho), a nurse practitioner (who will generally present themself as a "doctor") is actually required to have _less training that a beautician_. That's right, the person who you think is your "doctor" may actually have less training than the guy who cuts your hair.

I've taken to asking up front if the person I'm talking to is an actual MD, and then if they're not asking to see a real doctor instead.
Yes, they are all MDs, they probably thought I was fishing. I'm not looking for tests to be run for no reason. But I am sure that they get them in their offices.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

It is also good to note the differences between apple cider and white vinegar.
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

z4vdBt wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:13 pm
ChrisinHove wrote:

Why Fat Doesn’t Make You Fat! 1-8-16
A-ha! Thanks for the link. I’ll still keep off the cheese and pies, then.
z4vdBt

Post by z4vdBt »

TomAiello wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:30 pm
ChrisinHove wrote:
z4vdBt wrote:
ChrisinHove wrote:

Has a lot of very interesting academic information about why that's not necessarily the case. It's well worth reading it.

^ an excellent book. Also check out Dr. Jason Fung's IDM blog.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

z4vdBt wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:20 am
TomAiello wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:30 pm
ChrisinHove wrote:
z4vdBt wrote:

^ an excellent book. Also check out Dr. Jason Fung's IDM blog.
Give me a brief rundown of what the book talks about referring to Apple Cider Vinegar with the Mother?
z4vdBt

Post by z4vdBt »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:53 am
Give me a brief rundown of what the book talks about referring to Apple Cider Vinegar with the Mother?

page 185

pages 186-187

Dr. Fung introduced me to apple cider vinegar. Also highly recommend The Complete Guide to Fasting - the next step after LCHF / Keto.

also from his blog:

The Benefits of Vinegar – Hormonal Obesity XXVIII
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

z4vdBt wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:31 am
JD Spydo wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:53 am

page 185

pages 186-187

Dr. Fung introduced me to apple cider vinegar. Also highly recommend The Complete Guide to Fasting - the next step after LCHF / Keto.

also from his blog:

The Benefits of Vinegar – Hormonal Obesity XXVIII
I"m going to check this out. I just heard a lady on the radio on a show on health & nutrition say how much fasts and juice fasts have done for her health and it all sounded practical and truthful. That's also interesting that so many people in the nutritional field are getting on to the Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar bandwagon. I've been taking it close to month now and I do notice more vitality and I do seem to sleep better.