1950s/60s TV Shows That Were Truly Ahead Of Their Time

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JD Spydo

Re: 1950s/60s TV Shows That Were Truly Ahead Of Their Time

Post by JD Spydo »

James Y wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:54 am
I remember I Spy during its original run, but I was a little kid (very little), and it wasn’t a favorite at that age, so my memories about it are vague. Something that is interesting to me in retrospect is that at the time, I did not notice a color difference, if that makes any sense. Just like in my neighborhood, our family was never made to feel different for being Japanese-American, I didn’t see the ‘blackness’ or the ‘whiteness’ of characters on TV, even at a time when non-white representation was low.

One modern-day actor who completely ruined his career in a really pathetic bid for attention is that Jussie Smollett guy. In case anybody in unaware, Smollett ( who is black) staged a “racist” attack on himself by paying two African immigrants to rough him up a bit.
OH don't even get me started about that Jussie Smollett debacle :mad: That was arguably thee most absolute abhorent act of stupidity in the entire history of modern America :mad: And to think he really thought he wouldn't get caught :rolleyes: REALLY!!!. I have two long time dear black friends who I've known for years and I talked to both of them about it and they were even more outraged than I was about that total, completely fraudulent fairy tale he tried to pull over on the American people. And then to try to blame conservative, Christian Americans for it as well :mad: The story was so outrageous I'm totally surprised that the main stream media fell for it at all. But they did when he first pulled it off.
All that did was to stir up racism and hatred>> that was not bad before he did what he did. What a complete and total disgrace to himself. And for that Chicago prosecutor Kim Fox to cut a deal and virtually let him off the hook for it :mad: I hope no one ever hires him again. I hope he ends up being a door greeter at his local "RIP-MART">> and that is something I wouldn't normally even wish on one of my bad enemies :rolleyes:

Enough Said. But he should be tried and convicted for perjury and for false alarming all the First Responders in Chicago.
Ankerson

Re: 1950s/60s TV Shows That Were Truly Ahead Of Their Time

Post by Ankerson »

JD Spydo wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:16 am
James Y wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:54 am
I remember I Spy during its original run, but I was a little kid (very little), and it wasn’t a favorite at that age, so my memories about it are vague. Something that is interesting to me in retrospect is that at the time, I did not notice a color difference, if that makes any sense. Just like in my neighborhood, our family was never made to feel different for being Japanese-American, I didn’t see the ‘blackness’ or the ‘whiteness’ of characters on TV, even at a time when non-white representation was low.

One modern-day actor who completely ruined his career in a really pathetic bid for attention is that Jussie Smollett guy. In case anybody in unaware, Smollett ( who is black) staged a “racist” attack on himself by paying two African immigrants to rough him up a bit.
OH don't even get me started about that Jussie Smollett debacle :mad: That was arguably thee most absolute abhorent act of stupidity in the entire history of modern America :mad: And to think he really thought he wouldn't get caught :rolleyes: REALLY!!!. I have two long time dear black friends who I've known for years and I talked to both of them about it and they were even more outraged than I was about that total, completely fraudulent fairy tale he tried to pull over on the American people. And then to try to blame conservative, Christian Americans for it as well :mad: The story was so outrageous I'm totally surprised that the main stream media fell for it at all. But they did when he first pulled it off.
All that did was to stir up racism and hatred>> that was not bad before he did what he did. What a complete and total disgrace to himself. And for that Chicago prosecutor Kim Fox to cut a deal and virtually let him off the hook for it :mad: I hope no one ever hires him again. I hope he ends up being a door greeter at his local "RIP-MART">> and that is something I wouldn't normally even wish on one of my bad enemies :rolleyes:

Enough Said. But he should be tried and convicted for perjury and for false alarming all the First Responders in Chicago.

I won't comment on that other than to say I agree with you.

Anything else wouldn't be suitable for this forum, my real thoughts on this... ;)