Casio Mudmaster

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Casio Mudmaster

Post by MacLaren »

Just wandering if anyone has one, and how well you like it.
I ordered the all Black one..gwg1000 1a1 I believe.
I'll be retiring a Pathfinder that was solar, atomic and ABC.
Now, the gshock has all that, so that's why I ordered it.
Used to be gshock didnt have all that. I started out with gshock when I went with casio 25 years ago. Glad to be getting another.
I hope anyways
The g shock may not be solar?
Extra330SC

Re: Casio Mudmaster

Post by Extra330SC »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 3:05 pm
Used to be gshock didnt have all that. I started out with gshock when I went with casio 25 years ago. Glad to be getting another.
I hope anyways
I don't own the Mudmaster, But I do have two newer fully loaded Gulfmasters that have been flawless! I also just ordered a couple nicer Casio Pro Trek Atomic /Tough Solar watches. The only mid to high end Casio watches that I've seen dinged hard in reviews (take them with a grain of salt) are their smart watches. ..including the color map GPS offerings. Obviously those bad reviews could be operator error! Enjoy your new Casio. ..

James
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Extra330SC wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 5:07 pm
MacLaren wrote:
I hope anyways
I don't own the Mudmaster, But I do have two newer fully loaded Gulfmasters that have been flawless! I also just ordered a couple nicer Casio Pro Trek Atomic /Tough Solar watches. The only mid to high end Casio watches that I've seen dinged hard in reviews (take them with a grain of salt) are their smart watches. ..including the color map GPS offerings. Obviously those bad reviews could be operator error! Enjoy your new Casio. ..

James
Thank you James :)
That Gulfmaster is awesome. Congratz man.
And, I really think you'll love those tough solar watches!
That's basically what mine was. Except she was titanium.
I almost ordered the new version 3 3500t-7
But, I really just wanted to go back to g shock. Especially since they have caught up with the prw series.
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 5:16 pm
Extra330SC wrote:
MacLaren wrote:
I hope anyways

James
But, I really just wanted to go back to g shock. Especially since they have caught up with the prw series.
I gave my old TAG diving watch to my brother years ago when I got sick and really haven't had a decent watch until recently. I made the mistake of looking at GShock watches on Amazon about 6 months ago ...Damm...talking about potential rabbit hole! I didn't know that they made such highend time pieces for Mariners, Pilots, Rock and mountain climbers ,etc, etc ,etc. The miniature accurate sensors that Casio packs into these attractive watches is amazing.

I love carbon fiber. ..so the new Carbon Edition Gsteel offerings are beautiful. Check this new carbon monocoque gravity master out https://youtu.be/_ULYDvrB5hI

James
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

MacLaren wrote:
love those tough solar watches!
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Bloke wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 12:07 am
MacLaren wrote:
love those tough solar watches!
Lol, nice one my friend. :D
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Extra330SC wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 11:35 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Extra330SC wrote:
MacLaren wrote:
I hope anyways

James
I gave my old TAG diving watch to my brother years ago when I got sick and really haven't had a decent watch until recently. I made the mistake of looking at GShock watches on Amazon about 6 months ago ...Damm...talking about potential rabbit hole! I didn't know that they made such highend time pieces for Mariners, Pilots, Rock and mountain climbers ,etc, etc ,etc. The miniature accurate sensors that Casio packs into these attractive watches is amazing.

I love carbon fiber. ..so the new Carbon Edition Gsteel offerings are beautiful. Check this new carbon monocoque gravity master out https://youtu.be/_ULYDvrB5hI

James
That's slick!
Now, I've heard complaints from mountain climbers that the altimeter doesn't work well. (Mudmaster )Because they constantly have to recalibrate I think? But, the altimeter on my ver 2 has always worked wonderfully well to be quite honest. It's usually within 50 feet of any given elevation. Now somedays shell be pretty far off, but that's rare. I live at 3000-3100 ft and my watch usually always says 3060 ft.
So, I expect this ver 3 to be even better to be honest.
I'll post some pics tomorrow when I get it.
Also, would love to see some pics of your Gulfmaster and Tough Solars.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I used to be a diehard G-Shock guy until I discovered NATO straps and field watches. Now I just can't deal with large chunky watches anymore or rubber bands. I almost got those NATO strap adapters for one of my G-Shocks but I still can't live with how chunky it is.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

MacLaren wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 8:40 am
Extra330SC wrote:
MacLaren wrote:
Extra330SC wrote:
That's slick!
Now, I've heard complaints from mountain climbers that the altimeter doesn't work well. (Mudmaster )Because they constantly have to recalibrate I think? But, the altimeter on my ver 2 has always worked wonderfully well to be quite honest. It's usually within 50 feet of any given elevation. Now somedays shell be pretty far off, but that's rare. I live at 3000-3100 ft and my watch usually always says 3060 ft.
This Gulfmaster (in picture ) is a Japanese import and has tide/moon , Comp, and Temperature. ..why I need tide and moon. :rolleyes: My son is wearing my newer Quad sensor version . https://www.casio.com/products/watc ... q1000-1a

Just opened the first Pro Trek Multi Band/tough solar a few minutes ago (other with carbon band is incoming ) and I like how it's lighter/smaller. Has Altimeter with memory , Compass, Temperature, and barometer...along with all the other crap they stuff in these things. I like it...

James
Attachments
2019-05-15 19.04.25.jpg
2019-05-15 19.04.08.jpg
michaelm466

Post by michaelm466 »

I have a G-Shock Rangeman, it has Solar/Atomic and ABC, I've had it since they came out, it's been snorkeling, surfing, whitewater rafting, at work everyday smacked and hit on metal walls, metal protrusions, and just about everything else with no problems or scratches to the glass. The compass doesn't work great- but to be fair I haven't spent a lot of time with it either. If I got another it would definitely have to have Atomic/Solar, it's just spoiled me not having to worry about battery or having to readjust the time every few months, not to mention the glass not scratching like the cheaper $100-$150 Fossil watches I had before. There is one G-Shock that's around $90-$100 that has Atomic/Solar without the ABC that is also smaller I was keep considering.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

michaelm466 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 9:36 pm
I have a G-Shock Rangeman, it has Solar/Atomic and ABC, I've had it since they came out, it's been snorkeling, surfing, whitewater rafting, at work everyday smacked and hit on metal walls, metal protrusions, and just about everything else with no problems or scratches to the glass. The compass doesn't work great- but to be fair I haven't spent a lot of time with it either. If I got another it would definitely have to have Atomic/Solar, it's just spoiled me not having to worry about battery or having to readjust the time every few months, not to mention the glass not scratching like the cheaper $100-$150 Fossil watches I had before. There is one G-Shock that's around $90-$100 that has Atomic/Solar without the ABC that is also smaller I was keep considering.
The Rangeman is super nice. Congratz man.
I love having all the features you listed. The watch, well the G Shock that I want and the Rangeman have to be that big to house all that neat stuff. Honestly, I love a big watch. I can read them easy, plus I think they are cool too. Not to mention, I use the features all the time. The altimeter is a lot of fun
And, man you ain't kiddin about the tough solar. It's so very nice not ever having to worry about the battery.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Extra330SC wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 8:15 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 8:40 am
Extra330SC wrote:
MacLaren wrote:

That's slick!
This Gulfmaster (in picture ) is a Japanese import and has tide/moon , Comp, and Temperature. ..why I need tide and moon. :rolleyes: My son is wearing my newer Quad sensor version . https://www.casio.com/products/watc ... q1000-1a

Just opened the first Pro Trek Multi Band/tough solar a few minutes ago (other with carbon band is incoming ) and I like how it's lighter/smaller. Has Altimeter with memory , Compass, Temperature, and barometer...along with all the other crap they stuff in these things. I like it...

James
Wow James, those are beautiful!
Not sure which I like better to be honest. I've always loved the looks of the Gulfmaster, but that Pro Trek you have is super nice too.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Hey guys, UPS finally found it's way to my house.
Initial impressions are I love it......I've already got her set to all my liking, like Altitude measured in feet, temp in Farenheit, and of course the time set correctly. It was very easy to accomplish too.
This is by far and away, the nicest watch I've ever had.
Below, is my beloved Pathfinder that will be retiring. I've never had a moment's trouble out of her. Never worried about a battery or anything.....then below that, the new Mudmaster.
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

MacLaren wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 3:45 pm
Hey guys, UPS finally found it's way to my house.
Initial impressions are I love it......I've already got her set to all my liking, like Altitude measured in feet, temp in Farenheit, and of course the time set correctly. It was very easy to accomplish too.
This is by far and away, the nicest watch I've ever had.
Below, is my beloved Pathfinder that will be retiring. I've never had a moment's trouble out of her. Never worried about a battery or anything.....then below that, the new Mudmaster.
Congrats! Attractive and rugged all in one package!
Your old watch definitely looks like its been used and abused...without missing a beat. :cool: :)

James
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

And, yes sir. She never ever missed a beat. Shes been thru a lot with me. This Mudmaster is tough as nails though.