Shipping issues

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Extra330SC

Re: Shipping issues

Post by Extra330SC »

JonLeBlanc wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:10 pm
Well, my shipping issue was resolved today and my knife came in :) It's a 52100 Military, and yes I'm probably a pest on this forum about 52100 lol. I may be a weirdo but corrosion and wear resistance are utterly irrelevant to me, it's all about dat edge tho. I've got two PM2's, a Para3, and now a Military in that steel, so now my family is complete! Just like the 2 and 3, this Millie has a fine fine action and super finish. Never thought I'd hear myself say this but I can't wait to go to work now lol.
Glad it worked out for you! I really like my 52100 Para 3 and have been looking at the PM2 variant! Enjoy your knife.

James
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

JonLeBlanc wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:10 pm
Well, my shipping issue was resolved today and my knife came in :) It's a 52100 Military, and yes I'm probably a pest on this forum about 52100 lol. I may be a weirdo but corrosion and wear resistance are utterly irrelevant to me, it's all about dat edge tho. I've got two PM2's, a Para3, and now a Military in that steel, so now my family is complete! Just like the 2 and 3, this Millie has a fine fine action and super finish. Never thought I'd hear myself say this but I can't wait to go to work now lol.
My wife actually just bought me the Manix 2 KW exclusive as an early birthday present :D

I've seen your posts loving this steel for a while now, so I'm pretty excited to try it out in of my favorite models as well!!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

Extra330SC wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:27 am

Glad it worked out for you! I really like my 52100 Para 3 and have been looking at the PM2 variant! Enjoy your knife.

James

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:58 am

My wife actually just bought me the Manix 2 KW exclusive as an early birthday present :D

I've seen your posts loving this steel for a while now, so I'm pretty excited to try it out in of my favorite models as well!!
Thanks guys, Extra you definitely should try to snag a PM2; they're not available through retailers anymore, but they're floating around the secondary market. As they are exclusives and not sprint runs I reckon it's possible HL Dalis could recommission them, although the first run wasn't one of those infamous five minute sellouts like some are, so who knows :rolleyes: The Military was of course a sprint run, so when my package seemed to disappear from tracking I naturally panicked lol. Those thousand pieces will eventually settle out amongst their end-users and that'll be it! I say my Para/Military family is complete but of course there is also the CE PM2, so maybe I need to start saving my pennies again. And Spy, yeah I've considered the Manix because I like that color scheme (and Knifeworks is Louisiana based, so you know, buy local and all), but I'm just not too keen on the Manix in general. Apparently it is very ergonomic though! I think you'll love the ease with which it razors up, and what with the DLC coating you won't have to worry nearly as much about corrosion. Enjoy it and happy bday!
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Yea I've had my eye on this knife for a year now, and surprised it's still available. Such a great looking knife, as well as a user I'm assuming!

She was sneaky about it though...I was looking at it last weekend and she noticed, then she caught me watching some review videos. She's like "I'm surprised you don't have that one yet, seems like one you would like" So I tell her how it's an exclusive and what not and the same knife as my DLT exclusive, which she knows is one of my favorite knives. She thinks this one looks cooler, which I agreed and that was it with that conversation.

Fast forward to last night watching tv, I again was looking at it because I'm compulsive haha. 5 minutes later I hear my phone text sound in the kitchen. I go out there and see a message from the wife, with a group of numbers. I ask her what the heck that is all about and she says "I'd like to think you know what that is, you've seen enough of them the past couple years" Light bulb goes off...TRACKING NUMBER!!!

I look it up, see it shipped from Louisiana...thinking, what are the chances this is the Manix 2 she's caught me looking at a few times now. I look up where Knife Works is located...BOOM, a match!! She was watching me do my detective work on the tablet and just smiled when I looked up at her after realizing what she did :)

She said she got on the tablet yesterday morning when I was showering before work and looked up the history from the day before and found it and ordered it for me. She said "I know how you are, if you obsess and look at something a few times...I know you're going to end up buying it" So she wanted to surprise me and get it for me before I went and bought it myself, which is why she sent me the tracking number last night. My birthday isn't until the end of May, but she figured she should get it now because it's an exclusive (She's catching on, granted it's been around a while...but cool that she understands exclusives are typically a quick sell out haha) I've got me a good egg!! :D
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

JonLeBlanc wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:37 pm
Oh, I was under the (perhaps mistaken) impression that DHL was the carrier most able to punch above it's weight? FedEx has had the least screw ups for me, the brown one has displayed truly colossal levels of incompetence in my experience, and USPS, well one gets what one pays for. I wish the seller had Fedex'd my knife to me :(

As with all carriers, experiences are going to vary from area to area and sometimes from driver to driver. I've only ever had three things shipped to me by DHL. First was a motorcycle part being shipped to me from England, lost and never found. Second was time senstive paperwork for a real estate deal that fell through when DHL took 3 days to deliver the overnight envelope. Last was a knife coming in from an eBay seller in Germany, arrived looking like the package had been dragged behind the truck. Thankfully, and somewhat miraculously, no damage to the knife.

JonLeBlanc wrote: Well, my shipping issue was resolved today and my knife came in :) It's a 52100 Military, and yes I'm probably a pest on this forum about 52100 lol. I may be a weirdo but corrosion and wear resistance are utterly irrelevant to me, it's all about dat edge tho. I've got two PM2's, a Para3, and now a Military in that steel, so now my family is complete! Just like the 2 and 3, this Millie has a fine fine action and super finish. Never thought I'd hear myself say this but I can't wait to go to work now lol.

Excellent news!
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

JonLeBlanc wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:18 am
Extra330SC wrote:

James

TkoK83Spy wrote:

Thanks guys, Extra you definitely should try to snag a PM2; they're not available through retailers anymore, but they're floating around the secondary market.
What's your opinion on the combo edge version of this particular PM2 in 52100? I've used a few SE spyderco knives. ..but never a combo?!? These are still available from a few vendors in the 170 range.

James
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

Extra330SC wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:14 pm
JonLeBlanc wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:18 am
Extra330SC wrote:

James

TkoK83Spy wrote:

Thanks guys, Extra you definitely should try to snag a PM2; they're not available through retailers anymore, but they're floating around the secondary market.
What's your opinion on the combo edge version of this particular PM2 in 52100? I've used a few SE spyderco knives. ..but never a combo?!? These are still available from a few vendors in the 170 range.

James
Well, I think if you are down with combo edges in general, then 52100 would be a great steel for the job. It's strong, so those acute angles on the serrations will be plenty supported, and it's very easy to sharpen, so it will take no time to bring them back up to screaming sharp! Plus I like CE because you get a little of both haha.
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

The Deacon wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:21 am

Second was time senstive paperwork for a real estate deal that fell through when DHL took 3 days to deliver the overnight envelope.
Ugh that's awful, I don't know how I'd ever get over something like that. Guess that kinda changes my view of DHL, but then again I could totally picture the brown one doing something like that and saying "well it's not our fault that you didn't make an animal sacrifice to Jehovah in order to ensure the envelope's timely delivery, jeez... refund denied" or something weak like that. The nature of that business is such that they can always say it was someone in El Paso, someone in Dayton, or Tallahassee etc not my fault. It's something that would never fly in any other industry and it's really pathetic.
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

JonLeBlanc wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:52 pm
Well, I think if you are down with combo edges in general, then 52100 would be a great steel for the job. It's strong, so those acute angles on the serrations will be plenty supported, and it's very easy to sharpen, so it will take no time to bring them back up to screaming sharp! Plus I like CE because you get a little of both haha.

Thank you for the info. I'm going to see if I can scrounge up a PE 52100 PM2 first...I can always get a combo edge as they're not selling fast.

James
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

Extra330SC wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:52 am
JonLeBlanc wrote:

Thank you for the info. I'm going to see if I can scrounge up a PE 52100 PM2 first...I can always get a combo edge as they're not selling fast.

James
Yeah for real... If u are so inclined, go back through the posts regarding that piece and 52100 in general (you'll see a few of mine lol), and you'll find nothing but praise for it. It's hands down my favorite piece, although this new Millie is so sweet, smooth as glass, molecule-sharp, perfectly finished etc. 52100 really "converted" me away from the new high alloy/super steels. They have their place of course, for example S110V's properties make it a highly practical steel, and I've been loving my M4 PM2 and the new V-Toku2 Stretch, but the edge 52100 takes with little effort and the fact that I needn't worry about chipping/breaking etc makes it a winner in my book. I do HIGHLY recommend that you look into one of those--maybe the PE first and the CE second as you said--and can assure you that you won't be disappointed! They are an exemplar of what Spyderco does best.
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

JonLeBlanc wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:01 pm
Extra330SC wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:52 am
JonLeBlanc wrote:

James
I do HIGHLY recommend that you look into one of those--maybe the PE first and the CE second as you said--and can assure you that you won't be disappointed! They are an exemplar of what Spyderco does best.
If the PM2 and Military are as nicely made as the 52100 P3 I have...looking forward to them. Thanks again for the info.

James