Country Knives - Thank you!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
The Meat man

Country Knives - Thank you!

Post by The Meat man »

In the course of traveling this week, I found myself in the vicinity of Country Knives (Intercourse, PA) and stopped in. It was my first visit to a brick-and-mortar knife store, and I was delighted to be able to handle many Spyderco knives including long discontinued sprints and other models.

The lady behind the counter was helpful, courteous, and patient with me as I handled knife after knife. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit, and will absolutely come again when I next have the opportunity.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Water Bug

Re: Country Knives - Thank you!

Post by Water Bug »

Country Knives is a great knife store with people who care about their customers.
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

I bought a discontinued UKPK from them. It has a CC number on it, and I’d rather it didn’t.

Do all their disco’d Spydies have CC numbers, and would Country Knives be in the Collectors Club, I wonder.
-Marc (pocketing an S30V Military2 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

wrdwrght wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:09 pm
I bought a discontinued UKPK from them. It has a CC number on it, and I’d rather it didn’t.

Do all their disco’d Spydies have CC numbers, and would Country Knives be in the Collectors Club, I wonder.

Yeah, most of the Sprints and discontinued models had a CC number. I think the owner(and spouse?) are in the collector's club.
It makes for a great opportunity to handle some of those long-gone models.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

The Meat man wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:49 am
wrdwrght wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:09 pm

Yeah, most of the Sprints and discontinued models had a CC number. I think the owner(and spouse?) are in the collector's club.
It makes for a great opportunity to handle some of those long-gone models.
Good to know. Thanks, Connor.
-Marc (pocketing an S30V Military2 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”