We are saved! Baseball Season is here!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
TkoK83Spy

Re: We are saved! Baseball Season is here!

Post by TkoK83Spy »

legOFwhat? wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:57 pm
Xplorer wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:56 pm

I'm a life-long, blue bleeding Dodger fan...Blessed throughout the majority of my life to have had the sound of Vin Scully's voice filling my living room each and every baseball season.
Yeah! Although we got swept by those nasty cards today:(
Followed by my Brew Crew this weekend!! Though...we just got swept by the Angels, and one and a half of those games without Trout playing. We need our closer/set up man Jeffress back... now! Giving up way too many runs already this season.

Still astonished after a great season last year, they never landed a true ace in the off-season after we retained our core of great young players. So frustrating being a fan of a small market team.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:02 pm
Followed by my Brew Crew this weekend!! Though...we just got swept by the Angels, and one and a half of those games without Trout playing. We need our closer/set up man Jeffress back... now! Giving up way too many runs already this season.

Still astonished after a great season last year, they never landed a true ace in the off-season after we retained our core of great young players. So frustrating being a fan of a small market team.
Brewers are fun to watch! Such a potent lineup and have Keston Hiura knocking on the door to play 2nd. Unless they pull a Miami and shred all the talent they will be good for quite a while.
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

legOFwhat? wrote:

Yah... :( That's the one lucky series they get from us...next time we're playing for real :D .

How about Walker Buehler hitting a dinger before Justin Turner this season? Crazy! :eek: :)

Go Dodgers!
:spyder: Spyderco fan and collector since 1991. :spyder:
Father of 2, nature explorer, custom knife maker.
@ckc_knifemaker on Instagram.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

legOFwhat? wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:38 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:02 pm

Brewers are fun to watch! Such a potent lineup and have Keston Hiura knocking on the door to play 2nd. Unless they pull a Miami and shred all the talent they will be good for quite a while.
We certainly had fun going back and forth last fall! Hoping for more of the same this year bud! :D

-Rick
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Xplorer wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:45 pm
legOFwhat? wrote:

Yah... :( That's the one lucky series they get from us...next time we're playing for real :D .

How about Walker Buehler hitting a dinger before Justin Turner this season? Crazy! :eek: :)

Go Dodgers!
Turner...my nemesis!! Then couldn't even show up vs the Sox in the World Series!

I'm sorry guys... I'm still salty haha!

-Rick
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Xplorer wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:45 pm
legOFwhat? wrote:

Go Dodgers!
Had the game on game gamecast in the office today and had to do a double take when I saw that. They they blew a 2 run lead...😡 maybe Bellinger can take a page out of Yelich's playbook he's been on fire! Kiki too..
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Is this Cody Bellinger/Christain Yelich thing awesome or what? Reminds me of the Kemp/Braun 2011 fight to the finish....
-Larry
MNOSD #0049
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

It's really incredible what these two are doing so far this year!! Last week vs the Cardinals, in 2 games Yelich had 4 home runs and 10 rbi!!

Yesterday's game was very frustrating to watch...it was on MLB Network. Go down 5-0 in the 4th, come back to tie it up in the bottom of the 8th at 5-5. In comes Hader for the 9th...2 outs and of course Bellinger blasts the game winning homer.

-Rick
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:03 am
It's really incredible what these two are doing so far this year!! Last week vs the Cardinals, in 2 games Yelich had 4 home runs and 10 rbi!!

Yesterday's game was very frustrating to watch...it was on MLB Network. Go down 5-0 in the 4th, come back to tie it up in the bottom of the 8th at 5-5. In comes Hader for the 9th...2 outs and of course Bellinger blasts the game winning homer.
I was watching that game with ya Rick. My wife had to "calm" me down after Thames hit that 3-2 pitch to the moon to tie the game. You could feel the momentum changing and I was about to throw in the towel and find something constructive to do when "Belly" cracked the go ahead. What's the chances of seeing two of the games premier closers blow it in one game?
-Larry
MNOSD #0049
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Well, Pujols just caught Gehrig in RBI's. (wrongly media said Ruth, but Ruth is second to Aaron only)
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Man, steroids really hurt MLB. I'm not saying big Albert did any.
Just anytime a record is caught or broken, I cant help but think was the player juiced....
Of course, they asked Chipper Jones straight up- on the Dan Patrick Show whom the best player he ever saw was. Chipper said Barry Bonds. I'm just not really sure what to think about that. Chipper never juiced. Yet, we know Bonds did.
****, sometimes I think I oughtta start juicin myself lol.
Especially when I think about what Barry Bonds was able to do, at the freakin age he did it.
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:03 am
.. In comes Hader for the 9th...2 outs and of course Bellinger blasts the game winning homer.
That's now TWO 2-strike bombs on Hader! One of them was on an 0-2 count and the other was with 2 outs in the 9th. Go Cody!!
legOFwhat? wrote: ... You could feel the momentum changing and I was about to throw in the towel and find something constructive to do when "Belly" cracked the go ahead. What's the chances of seeing two of the games premier closers blow it in one game?
And how about Bellinger flat out robbing Yelich's HR! That was legit over-the-wall thievery! Love it! :D
Last edited by Xplorer on Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Go away Xplorer! :p

-Rick
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

:D :p
Halfneck

Post by Halfneck »

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:19 pm
Just anytime a record is caught or broken, I cant help but think was the player juiced....
Of course, they asked Chipper Jones straight up- on the Dan Patrick Show whom the best player he ever saw was. Chipper said Barry Bonds. I'm just not really sure what to think about that. Chipper never juiced. Yet, we know Bonds did.
Especially when I think about what Barry Bonds was able to do, at the freakin age he did it.
Look at pics of Barry Bonds early in his MLB career, then later - he looks like he ate himself! Guy got huge.

I have no doubt he was a talented player, but I don't think he would of accomplished what he did if not for steroids.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I agree about Bonds. When talking about his power. But, when talking about the hand/eye coordination, ability to read a pitch... steroids can't teach that. He's clearly one of the greatest hitters baseball has ever seen, but as mentioned...how many of those home runs and rbi's are due to steroids.

Such a shame. Was a great era and exciting era of baseball to watch as a fan...tarnished.

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Halfneck wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:48 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:19 pm
Look at pics of Barry Bonds early in his MLB career, then later - he looks like he ate himself! Guy got huge.

I have no doubt he was a talented player, but I don't think he would of accomplished what he did if not for steroids.
Oh, no doubt. I totally agree.
Just makes ya cringe when a think what Chipper or Jeter would've been like they juiced.......or Jim Thome! Can you imagine?
I remember Chipper talkin about Jim Thome on the way to the Hall to be enshrined. Chipper recalled a time when they were in the minors and a fight broke out. Well, naturally Chipper went to join in the fray, when all the sudden - and as only he could describe as "the hand of God" grabbed him and pinned him against the fence and just said no. Lol, Chipper is a big man himself at 6-4. Jim Thome was always a helluva man......couldn't imagine him juicin.
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Go Mariners :D
Josh
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Jim Thome or Frank Thomas juicing, and angry at you...you would be 6 feet under!!

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:20 pm
Jim Thome or Frank Thomas juicing, and angry at you...you would be 6 feet under!!
Lol, no doubt!