Your Username...why did you choose it?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
gingerninja

Re: Your Username...why did you choose it?

Post by gingerninja »

Bloke wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:27 am
gingerninja wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:05 am
Ngati Pom wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:36 pm
Ngati is a New Zealand Maori word, a prefix for a tribal group. I’m originally from the UK, the Kiwis refer to us imports as Pommies or Poms. So I decided I belong to the Pom tribe.

You dont need to have your own tribe, you qualify for the ngati pakhea tribe
Ah, hahaha, ah, hahah, ah, hahaha! :cool:
I'm pretty sure your family ties would get you into ngati pakhea as well bloke.
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

My name is Lars Mott, my English speaking friends often call me Larry, so the user name was quite obvious :)
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
Ngati Pom

Post by Ngati Pom »

gingerninja wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:05 am
Ngati Pom wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:36 pm
Ngati is a New Zealand Maori word, a prefix for a tribal group. I’m originally from the UK, the Kiwis refer to us imports as Pommies or Poms. So I decided I belong to the Pom tribe.

You dont need to have your own tribe, you qualify for the ngati pakhea tribe
True, but a man can dream..., :)
'The future is already here;it's just not evenly distributed'
William Gibson
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

Cool thread idea! No real interesting story behind my username.. it's based on my initials, DSH, and the year I graduated college, 2007. I've used variations of this as my username for multiple different accounts/forums over the years.. one of the first I tried to make long ago, DSH07, was taken, so I tried DSH007 and it worked.. realized it was "007" like James Bond, and it's stuck ever since.

Also, I should mention.. my actual first name is Derrick. My parents spelled it like the oil drilling equipment so they could call me Rick for short..
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Username is city where I am located.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Crux

Post by Crux »

I would tell you but it's too hard.
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
BLUETYPEII

Post by BLUETYPEII »

Done
Last edited by BLUETYPEII on Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
40 Spyderco knives in 11 different steels,
1 Byrd and 30 “others”
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

Crux wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:11 am
I would tell you but it's too hard.

I'll bite.....
1st educated guess :
A crux in climbing, mountaineering and high mountain touring is the most difficult section of a route, or the place where the greatest danger exists. In sport climbing and bouldering the most challenging point is also called the crux. ... The grade of a climbing route is based on the difficulty of the crux.

2nd blind shot in the dark:
The Crux of the Biscuit is a compilation album by American musician Frank Zappa, released in July 2016, originally intended to celebrate the 40th anniversary of his album Apostrophe. It is project/object #4 in a series of 40th Anniversary FZ Audio Documentaries, following MOFO, Lumpy Money and Greasy Love Songs

:D
James
Mom3ntuM

Post by Mom3ntuM »

Nr 1 would explain why its too hard. :)
IMG_20190323_020525.png
Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.
James Dean
Reject

Post by Reject »

Crux
Crux /krʌks/ is a constellation located in the southern sky in a bright portion of the Milky Way. It is among the most easily distinguished constellations, as all of its four main stars have an apparent visual magnitude brighter than +2.8, even though it is the smallest of all 88 modern constellations. Its name is Latin for cross, and it is dominated by a cross-shaped or kite-like asterism that is commonly known as the Southern Cross.

How much can a Koala bear?
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Reject wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:12 pm
Crux
Crux /krʌks/ is a constellation located in the southern sky in a bright portion of the Milky Way. It is among the most easily distinguished constellations, as all of its four main stars have an apparent visual magnitude brighter than +2.8, even though it is the smallest of all 88 modern constellations. Its name is Latin for cross, and it is dominated by a cross-shaped or kite-like asterism that is commonly known as the Southern Cross.

Hey Col, that explains it cause our good brother Crux is certainly way out there. :p
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Crux

Post by Crux »

My post said it all. No need to tie this to the Bermuda Triangle or some intergalactic conspiracy. I am shocked, shocked, did I mention shocked that my humble post would be so misunderstood. Did I type too fast? Use too many "big" words? This has to stop. My dogs barked for over an hour after I read them these posts. Are you wanting my babies to howl their way to a short lifespan? I hate cliches but this looks like fake something.
remnar

Post by remnar »

Many years ago while trying to register for another forum. I was trying to show off my unique humor and cleverness by coming up with a creative name. Over an hour later I realized that I'm not as clever or unique as I thought. All of my ideas had already been taken. At this point I just wanted to find anything that would be accepted. I had recently watched the movie Escanaba in da Moonlight and one of the character's name was Remnar. I tried it, it was accepted, and I've been stuck with it ever since. :D
Crux

Post by Crux »

That wasn't difficult or nearly impossible at all. But still you overcame. :)
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

When I joined nearly 10 years ago I was really into diving (both SCUBA and free diving). The salt line originally attracted me to Spyderco and still keeps me interested today. Unfortunately, work and responsibilities keep me from diving as much as I used to but I still get in the water when I can.
Hopweaver

Post by Hopweaver »

I make beer. Naturally I am an expert at weaving hops into malt beverages.
:bug-red Make time for the important things in life, and learn to enjoy the little things more. :bug-red
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I had been a fan of Spyderco blades long before I ever even considered taking a look at the forum. I had gotten my very first Spyder all the way back to 1995. I actually lurked on the Forum for a while before joining on a "spur of the moment" decision. The day I joined they just happened to be talking about something I had wanted to know about.

The initials JD are my real initials of my first name and surname>> I really just made up the Spydo part of the name out of my head without really thinking much about it. It was kind of like abbreviating the name "Spyderco" in short combined with my initials. I really didn't even think about it more than 15 minutes at the most and it actually kind of looked proper and apropos when I first put it down. As I got to using the name it really grew on me. I've since used it on 4 other forums I'm on including Bladeforums. The rest is history as they would say.
Last edited by JD Spydo on Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Larry_Mott wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:18 pm
My name is Lars Mott, my English speaking friends often call me Larry, so the user name was quite obvious :)
You could have fooled me Larry :) I thought you might have been one of the band members of one of my favorite rock groups "MOTT THE HOOPLE" :cool: I'm willing to bet you would probably look like Ian Hunter with top notch sunglasses on :cool: :D But your name sure makes me think about them a lot ;) They were a great rock band for years.
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

JD Spydo wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:02 pm
Larry_Mott wrote:
You could have fooled me Larry :) I thought you might have been one of the band members of one of my favorite rock groups "MOTT THE HOOPLE" :cool: I'm willing to bet you would probably look like Ian Hunter with top notch sunglasses on :cool: :D But your name sure makes me think about them a lot ;) They were a great rock band for years.
I actually looked more like Marc Bolan in my late teens/early 20's, with hair that just got big and fluffy when i wanted it long :)
10 years ago, my then girfriend's best friend called me The Edge, and after doing some silly online lookalike test and doing a photomorph i kinda see why..

"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Larry_Mott wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:16 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:02 pm
Larry_Mott wrote:
I actually looked more like Marc Bolan in my late teens/early 20's, with hair that just got big and fluffy when i wanted it long :)
10 years ago, my then girfriend's best friend called me The Edge, and after doing some silly online lookalike test and doing a photomorph i kinda see why..
Well Larry that's just really a hoot. I was also a big fan of Marc Bolan and T-Rex during the 70s. I had tickets to one of their concerts here where I live but was forced to go to work that evening and gave the tickets to a good friend of mine and he said that Marc Bolan And Micky Finn both put on a great concert that evening. The Album of T-Rex called "The Slider" was truly one of my all time favorite albums for a long time. I also had "Electric Warrior" and one of their import albums but the name of it escapes me at the moment. I also remember Marc Bolan being a big friend of David Bowie and I heard that Bowie was truly devastated over his untimely death. But that's really ironic because T-Rex was truly another favorite of mine during that time period. The Song "Telegram Sam" off that Slider LP was a big favorite of mine for years. It is really sad that Bolan died so young. But that is really interesting and I can truly imagine that you probably did look a lot like him when you were younger. I loved a lot of those British, Dutch, and German bands during that era. Marc Bolan actually did have some good success here in the USA also. I just heard "Bang A Gong" on the radio this past week and I hadn't heard it in quite some time. this is a most interesting thread to say the least :)