Your Username...why did you choose it?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
TkoK83Spy

Your Username...why did you choose it?

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Looking around at the forum, I see a lot of interesting usernames. I wonder why or how people have come up with their names! I guess I'll start it off.

TkoK83Spy is compiled of a few different things for me. My love for MMA signifies the "Tko" The "K83Spy" brings me back to the days of college football. Division III... so I'm not some big shot haha. I played slot receiver. Our quarterback was extremely agile and mobile. A lot of times our opponent would have a defender that would "spy" him, meaning this player would follow and focus only on him. When it was determined he would be spyed, he would audible the play to "K83SPY" my number was 83. It was my job to run a route where I would be in a clear area of the field as our quarterback would draw this defender towards him as he rolled out to pass, or run as the defender often feared. It worked out pretty well most of the time! Became my favorite play in the playbook haha.

Anybody that feels like sharing, feel free to join! This could turn into a very interesting thread :p
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
MichaelScott

Re: Your Username...why did you choose it?

Post by MichaelScott »

I’m 76 years old. I programmed my first digital computer in 1964. Been doing this kind of stuff since. I decided to just be myself on line. Easy to remember and when I ever meet someone from Spyderville they will quickly know me from this forum.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

Extra330SC is a single seat unlimited competition aerobatic mono wing airplane , Designed by the Extra aircraft company. They make some of the best racing and aerobatic planes in the world.

I fly custom models up to 50% scale with 170-200cc engines with on board smoke , Servos, and sophisticated radio systems. Awesome hobby and very challenging. ..

The "Extra330SC " single seat is one of my biggest!

Picture of the real full scale. ..

James
Attachments
New.jpg
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

I love Spyderco Spyder Edges, that specific type of serration, and, the quality of the steel and materials Spyderco uses. It was a natural extension of that, all converged into a point.
flasharry

Post by flasharry »

MichaelScott wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:51 pm
I’m 76 years old. I programmed my first digital computer in 1964. Been doing this kind of stuff since. I decided to just be myself on line. Easy to remember and when I ever meet someone from Spyderville they will quickly know me from this forum.
CDC or IBM 360? I started out in IT operating a 360/40 way back when..
Username? goes back to high school track and field - was a pretty good sprinter - hence "flash" combined with my name - Harry
"You never know what lonesome is, 'til you get to herdin' cows"
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

Sju= saint John's university
Caveman= my college rugby nickname
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I usually go by LoadedQuestions or Lo_Que everywhere else. But for some reason :rolleyes: around the time I joined up here I had a notion to do something different.

I work in IT, so I thought ZerosAndOnes would be a good username... but that spelling ended up being taken most places, so I spelled it ZrowsN1s instead.

I've since gone back to using Lo-Que on other sites and I occasionally think of asking Taz if I can change my user name here. But I've used it on the forum this long, may as well stay with it I suppose. Besides all the cool kids just call me Matt anyways :D
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I have been called Doc since I was very young and in the Army. Now, I am old and woefully over educated with two doctorates. So, I am still called Doc in real life.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

My name comes from the mastiff in the image who I had the good luck to have in my family for almost 14 years. Finn the mastiff was a pleasure to be around and the best friend I ever had. I still miss him but after dog sitting a friends puppy recently I remembered why Finn was the last dog I'll likely have.

For those not really used to the mastiff breed they are imposing at first. Finn was about 35 inches at the shoulder and right at 200 lbs when grown. Some neighbors loved him yet some were instantly terrified. It wasn't uncommon for people driving by in cars to stop and some would take pictures of him. He was mostly indifferent but he did really like women. He made friends pretty easily which was different from my prior mastiff Hunter. Hunter mostly ignored non family.

Joe
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Like Michael, just happy to be myself.

Chris. In Hove ...... Sussex, England, (currently debatable about the EU bit!)
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Bloke is a slang term for a common man here in Australia so I figured it was appropriate because that’s all I am. ;)
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
gingerninja

Post by gingerninja »

Nickname from playing rugby
Mom3ntuM

Post by Mom3ntuM »

My username is my nick from when i started playing counterstrike. I tought It Was COOL back Then, and i Have been using It for everything since.
Now, i don't think its That cool, but it's Who i am online :)
Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.
James Dean
dsvirsky

Post by dsvirsky »

First initial, last name. I've always been "me" online.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Just a silly play on words, D from David, at the end of evil, which would otherwise spell Devil. It's a "book by its cover" thing because people usually judge me by my looks before they get to know me.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

What a nice surprise to wake up to this morning, this thread has taken off!

I feel like this place/forum is so much different than others, that it's also nice a lot of people here include their actual name as well. Whether it's their username or down in their signature. For me, I'd rather call someone by their actual name if it's been provided. It feels more like a real question or comment to that person...but maybe that's just me. :p

Keep it up everyone!

-Rick
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

Mine is a shortened form of sock monkey. I originally started life online as using different names of the devil. Old scratch, black woodsman, etc. An ex-gf made me a sock monkey (I think I still have it... I'll have to look!) and I started using sock_monkey_man. Then shortened it to soc_monki. Use it everywhere, never been taken previously (unless I registered at a site and forgot!) and it's been me for over 20 years now!

I'll have to whip up an avatar when I have some time to fool around with paint haha!
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

The "leg" part is my initials, but the rest is part of a busted conversation/debate I had with my brother-in-law concerning a Van Halen song...
I thought that the line in the song "Good enough" said; leg of what? well I'll have some of that... the song goes:

"Hey waitress, look it here man, you got any specials here tonight
Me and the fellas might be interested in?
What's that, what, rack a what?
Well, I'll have some of that"

I heard it wrong and my brother-in-law said because my initials are L.E.G, and my friends have called me "LEG" for years, that I heard what I wanted to hear :p All this while shooting pool the night before I signed up here on the forum. I usually use "leg" or Larry as part of a screen name...

Yeah, it's weird.....yes I still love Van Halen :D
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

legOFwhat? wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:41 am
The "leg" part is my initials, but the rest is part of a busted conversation/debate I had with my brother-in-law concerning a Van Halen song...
I thought that the line in the song "Good enough" said; leg of what? well I'll have some of that... the song goes:

"Hey waitress, look it here man, you got any specials here tonight
Me and the fellas might be interested in?
What's that, what, rack a what?
Well, I'll have some of that"

I heard it wrong and my brother-in-law said because my initials are L.E.G, and my friends have called me "LEG" for years, that I heard what I wanted to hear :p All this while shooting pool the night before I signed up here on the forum. I usually use "leg" or Larry as part of a screen name...

Yeah, it's weird.....yes I still love Van Halen :D

I feel your pain Larry...As a kid, our family had a lot of family get togethers. I'll never forgot being around 8 years old and the famous Bee Gees song "Stayin Alive" was played and my cousin and I began singing it. Well, up until that point I always thought when they sang "staying alive" that they were saying "stringing the lights". So there I am, belting out "stringing the lights" in front of everyone and all the adults laughing. I thought it was because we were just being funny kids...but it was because of my custom lyrics :( Still an ongoing joke with the family hahaha.

I actually just YouTube'd the song again...I swear if you want to hear it as "stringing the lights" that it kind of sounds like it ;)

-Rick
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:53 am
I feel your pain Larry...As a kid, our family had a lot of family get togethers. I'll never forgot being around 8 years old and the famous Bee Gees song "Stayin Alive" was played and my cousin and I began singing it. Well, up until that point I always thought when they sang "staying alive" that they were saying "stringing the lights". So there I am, belting out "stringing the lights" in front of everyone and all the adults laughing. I thought it was because we were just being funny kids...but it was because of my custom lyrics :( Still an ongoing joke with the family hahaha.

I actually just YouTube'd the song again...I swear if you want to hear it as "stringing the lights" that it kind of sounds like it ;)
:D now that song is stuck in my head! :eek:

The Knack's song "my Sharona" is a song I made a mess of as a kid..."my bologna" or "mice arona" my older sisters would heckle me over the song, but truth be told I just wanted to see the album cover :D
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049