The best belt I have ever had

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

The best belt I have ever had

Post by Doc Dan »

No joke, I tried this belt and it is the best belt I have ever used. I like is so much I bought my wife a couple and myself another one.
https://grip6.com/
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
JD Spydo

Re: The best belt I have ever had

Post by JD Spydo »

It looks interesting Doc>> I think I might just try one out as soon as I can swing it. It's interesting timing because I've been looking at quite a few of these newer premium belts that are on the market. About 5 years ago I was at a clothing store where I usually buy a lot of my workwear and other clothing. I bought a brand new Carhartt belt and it didn't even last me 3 years and I paid a pretty nickel for it too. I'm getting away from Carhartt all together because it seems like their quality has gone downward with a lot of their products that I once swore by :(

The two lines of Clothing I'm liking now are Blakladder and Round House>> the later is USA made and has worked well for me. Blakladder is made in Germany and other parts of Europe and is about the toughest clothing I ever wore. They both make belts too.

But these newer high tech belts like the one you are showing us do look interesting. They will probably work better for summer wear because we have really hot summers here in Missouri and usually sweat a lot. Yeah I think I'll try one.
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

I looked at the link. Next, the ad popped up on my FB feed. Modern marketing, eh?
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'm about to order a new Bigfoot gun belt. I'm curious if a steel core really makes a difference from my 1/4 inch thick custom leather belts. http://gunbelts.com/
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

That looks interesting Doc.

I buy my belts from a local leather harness shop. They're good thick solid leather, custom fitted, no frills; I've had mine for at least 6 or 7 years now and it's still going strong. Super cheap too - I think I paid $15 for it.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

The Meat man wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:37 am
That looks interesting Doc.

I buy my belts from a local leather harness shop. They're good thick solid leather, custom fitted, no frills; I've had mine for at least 6 or 7 years now and it's still going strong. Super cheap too - I think I paid $15 for it.
That is cheap. It is hard to beat such a belt.

The Grip6 belts are light and strong. So far, I have had zero issues and overseas delivery on 3 belts via UPS only came up to $5.

The belts work on friction. It is so simple it is genius.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Doc Dan wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:34 pm
No joke
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I've built my own belts for the last several years. I've been really happy with them. I couldn't find a thin rigger belt, and I wanted to be able to get it off and on for airline security easily. I ended up sewing in a layer of kydex between the webbing to stiffen it, and it's worked great. I even built some for my dad.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Evil D wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:40 am
I'm about to order a new Bigfoot gun belt. I'm curious if a steel core really makes a difference from my 1/4 inch thick custom leather belts. http://gunbelts.com/
Now over the years when it came to gunbelts I've always had excellent luck with the "Old Mike's" line up of great belts and holsters. But I'll sure take a look at this other one you mention.

There does seem to be a lot of these newer, high tech belt companies that have hit the scene lately. I see most of them in prepper and survival type magazines. This one that Doc mentioned does look good.
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Bloke wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:31 pm
Doc Dan wrote:
No joke
Bloke you have me at a disadvantage of late. For some reason I am unable to copy and then paste to Spyderco any longer and that is why I have not replied in kind. HaHaHa!

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

oops

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I had a friend who had a leather working business that would custom make my belts. You could order all kinds of stuff including elephant leather. I forgot the particulars about what it is made of but I have a plain leather type belt that is perfection when using with holsters and belt knives and double mag carriers. It's a very thick leather and doesn't twist or flip and in over 15 years has never needed to be re dyed or changed in any way. It is a bit on the heavy side for dress pants type stuff and the one in the OP would fit more tasks aside from heavy holsters and such and would be more comfortable to boot. Next time I need a belt I'm going to look for one like the above. Thanks for pointing it out Doc.

Joe
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

The Mastiff wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:11 am
I had a friend who had a leather working business that would custom make my belts. You could order all kinds of stuff including elephant leather. I forgot the particulars about what it is made of but I have a plain leather type belt that is perfection when using with holsters and belt knives and double mag carriers. It's a very thick leather and doesn't twist or flip and in over 15 years has never needed to be re dyed or changed in any way. It is a bit on the heavy side for dress pants type stuff and the one in the OP would fit more tasks aside from heavy holsters and such and would be more comfortable to boot. Next time I need a belt I'm going to look for one like the above. Thanks for pointing it out Doc.

Joe
It might be too light for a gun and holster, but it is just great for holding up your britches.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

It might be too light for a gun and holster, but it is just great for holding up your britches.
Which is what I need more often at this stage of life.

Joe
benben

Post by benben »

“The Beltman” gun belts are hard to beat! I’ve got two Bullhide belts from him, my next one will be Horsehide. They are fantastic belts, I can’t wear a normal belt now, they feel like like a rope.
SpyderScout

Post by SpyderScout »

Ive got several custom ordered (curved) leather belts. Also made several leather belts myself. Never wear any of them any more and havent for years.

Best belt I ever wore (and still wear) is the 5.11 TDU belt.
Can be had in single or double layer and several colors.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

The original "Beltman' is the one that made mine. He retired and sold his business from my understanding. Jim was a great guy and we worked together before he began his business at a state job back in the 80's I think. I shared a table at gunshows with him a few times. The belt(s) he made are so well made I could pass them on to my son for him to use for a few decades like me. :)

Joe
Doc Dan

UPDATE: The best belt I have ever had

Post by Doc Dan »

I like this belt so much that when my wife's black belt broke a couple of weeks ago, I ordered her two of these Grip6 belts and I ordered myself another one in a different color. I got my wife a graphite grey/black buckle with a hibiscus flower on it. It looks better in person than in the pictures.

I have a bad case of biscuit poisoning and this is the first belt that actually was comfortable yet did not let my pants fall down.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Crux

Post by Crux »

Doc Dan wrote:
No joke, I tried this belt and it is the best belt I have ever used. I like is so much I bought my wife a couple and myself another one.
I'm gonna give this a try. It's sitting here looking at me but I am NOT convinced, Hard buckle with a large plastic stop. Then a wrap around? I've been using a 2.5" leather no buckle velcro belt for 5 years and it's been not only amazingly comfortable on my fat belly but easily supported my CC and various knives.

I hope I'm wrong but I think not.
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Crux wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:18 am
Doc Dan wrote:
I'm gonna give this a try. It's sitting here looking at me but I am NOT convinced, Hard buckle with a large plastic stop. Then a wrap around? I've been using a 2.5" leather no buckle velcro belt for 5 years and it's been not only amazingly comfortable on my fat belly but easily supported my CC and various knives.

I hope I'm wrong but I think not.
It is too light for a heavy pistol and holster. A small iwb pistol or revolver would be okay. It does not have a plastic stop. They actually melt and form one end of the belt and it is as hard and strong as a rock.

As a pure belt, it is very comfortable. I would watch the video on how to properly wear the belt, how to put in on and take it off.
https://youtu.be/CzuO6dKP3hE

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050