Superman vs Batman

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Crux

Superman vs Batman

Post by Crux »

Haven't watched the movie so what is your opinion? I'm not sure Batman would have a chance. Plus is Robin not around?
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
SpyderEdgeForever

Re: Superman vs Batman

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Great question. I have always liked both characters for their particular powers and abilities. Batman I have found to be the most realistic of all of the super heroes, if you can call it realistic, because at least he is essentially a human man who has used great wealth and physical and mental training to get to where he is. I could almost see a real life Batman happen, though even with him, the comics use artistic license to stretch reality a bit.

I think in a straight forward fight Superman would win because he has super molecular density invulnerability (what I gather from the writings is that his flesh is like our flesh but it has some form of energy field based on his particular transformation from the red sun of Krypton to the yellow sun of Earth that gives his flesh the strength of neutronium, pure neutron star matter, or something along those lines, so technically he is not the Man of Steel but the Man of Neutronium, but what comic kid fan would know that?) and his heat vision and other powers, he could crush Batman like a wet noodle.

However, Batman is very clever, Bruce Wayne that is, and would very quickly find out that Superman has one core weakness: KRYPTONITE, and with his resources (hey man, if Lex Luthor the criminal mastermind could get it, why not the billionaire Bruce Wayne?) and form it into a bullet or a blade and could presumably do Kal El in.

Interestingly enough the two became friends in the DC comic series, and Superman actually gave Batman a kryptonite bullet to keep in case of an emergency where Superman lost his mind and Batman had to "put him out of his misery" and save the lives of others. I forget the issue of that one.

I am glad you made this topic, thank you!

Here is one I have wondered about:

Wolverine of X Men/Marvel vs Batman and Wolverine vs Superman. Would adamantium pierce Superman or not? And could Superman melt down Wolverine before Wolverine's super regenerative ability kicked in?
SpyderEdgeForever

And also, for our friend demoncase, bring War Hammer into it. How would the War Hammer Imperium take to X Men or Super Heroes ? Would they befriend them and try to get them on their side?
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Superman is kind of a geeky nice guy. Batman is a bad rich dude with attitude.

Batman
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
Crux

Post by Crux »

Okay, I finally watched this movie. Not bad, but I was expecting one or the other to be the victor. Sure Superman has a weakness but Batman could just be squashed if Superman wanted to. I didn't like the character of Lex Luther as he seemed like a kid just out of high school. Also was Batman's suit made out of Maxamet?
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Aka Orphan Fight 2016?

Really awful: Ruined Batman and made Superman even more of twit than before.
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Superman has to be the lamest super hero of all time. He’s simply too powerful. Because he is basically invincible with a myriad of super powers he can’t be stopped. That is unless of course the villain happens to have some kryptonite which they always do. Very dull indeed.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Crux

Post by Crux »

You don't tug on Superman' cape...
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Crux wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:25 pm

Exactly. He can’t lose. Boring..
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I love Batman but realistically if Superman really wanted to kill Bruce there is no way, not with any amount of planning that Bruce could stop him. Superman could literally take him out from a mile away before Batman knew it was coming. People say Bruce is the better strategist but it's hard to stop what you can't see coming and kryptonite only works close up. Superman could just throw a rock from a mile away and kill him. It's really a silly debate, Batman might be really amazing but he's just human and Superman is practically unkillable by comparison. The things Superman has done are so astronomically superior.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I find this conversation quite interesting because I literally grew up reading Superman and Batman comic books all the way back to the 1960s :o

Also It's interesting that Stan Lee who was the creator of Superman just died this past autumn and I believe he was in his mid 90s. A good friend of mine who is a comic book fanatic and has a collection worth around $100,000 or better. He has a lot of the 1950s original editions that he has had appraised recently.

Those are two of the hot topics at this time but there are several other super hero comics that he has shown me that are currently trendy as we speak. In the 70s and most of the 80s comic books almost died but now they are super popular again. I always loved the original Superman TV show with George Reeves and I still catch a re-run occasionally.
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

Crux wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:25 pm
I wonder which of his Spydies Willie McCoy used on big Jim Walker?

Also.. Batman.
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
Crux

Post by Crux »

If I had to guess it probably was a Para 3.
James Y

Post by James Y »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:07 pm
I find this conversation quite interesting because I literally grew up reading Superman and Batman comic books all the way back to the 1960s :o

Also It's interesting that Stan Lee who was the creator of Superman just died this past autumn and I believe he was in his mid 90s. A good friend of mine who is a comic book fanatic and has a collection worth around $100,000 or better. He has a lot of the 1950s original editions that he has had appraised recently.

Those are two of the hot topics at this time but there are several other super hero comics that he has shown me that are currently trendy as we speak. In the 70s and most of the 80s comic books almost died but now they are super popular again. I always loved the original Superman TV show with George Reeves and I still catch a re-run occasionally.
JD,
Stan Lee was actually the co-creator (along with Jack Kirby) of the Marvel Comics superheroes Spider-Man, Daredevil, the Hulk, Fantastic Four, etc. Superman's creators were Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster. Superman and Batman are DC Comics superheroes.

I personally preferred the Marcel Comics, starting in the late '60s when I was 4, although my first comics were DC (Challengers of the Unknown, and The Unexpected). I think comics started really going downhill sometime in the late '70s.

I still have somewhere the first DC/Marvel crossover book from back in the mid-'70s, ''Superman Meets Spider-Man'. IIRC, Spider-Man's powers were temporarily boosted, allowing him to fight .superman for a bit, but then his strength went back to his normal super-strength, and at that point, Spider-Man could do nothing to Superman. They ended up teaming up to stop the team of Lex Luthor and Dr. Octopus.

In a physical fight between Superman and Batman, Superman could kill batman without even breaking a sweat. Like a kid killing an ant. Batman doesn't even have any actual super-powers. In a straight-up physical matchup, even Spider-Man is much stronger and more powerful than Batman, though that would be a more even matchup.

Jim
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

Which would you choose to be? Think it boils down to Lois Lane or Cat Woman...

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

James Y wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:34 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:07 pm

JD,
Stan Lee was actually the co-creator (along with Jack Kirby) of the Marvel Comics superheroes Spider-Man, Daredevil, the Hulk, Fantastic Four, etc. Superman's creators were Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster. Superman and Batman are DC Comics superheroes.

I personally preferred the Marcel Comics, starting in the late '60s when I was 4, although my first comics were DC (Challengers of the Unknown, and The Unexpected). I think comics started really going downhill sometime in the late '70s.

I still have somewhere the first DC/Marvel crossover book from back in the mid-'70s, ''Superman Meets Spider-Man'. IIRC, Spider-Man's powers were temporarily boosted, allowing him to fight .superman for a bit, but then his strength went back to his normal super-strength, and at that point, Spider-Man could do nothing to Superman. They ended up teaming up to stop the team of Lex Luthor and Dr. Octopus.

In a physical fight between Superman and Batman, Superman could kill batman without even breaking a sweat. Like a kid killing an ant. Batman doesn't even have any actual super-powers. In a straight-up physical matchup, even Spider-Man is much stronger and more powerful than Batman, though that would be a more even matchup.

Jim

Batman isn't even "peak physical performance" like someone like Steve Rogers. He may even be a legitimate ninja but he's essentially DC's version of Iron Man, he's not much without his toys. If he doesn't have some kind of master plan involving kryptonite he has zero chance squaring up with Superman. And honestly I am much more of a Batman fan so it kinda hurts to admit it but that's just how it is.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
SpyderEdgeForever

Here is a related question: Without the availability of supermaterials, like adamantium or plasteel or some other exotic "Comic book Scifi alloy", if all we had were known materials such as carbon and stainless and titanium alloys, and present-day ceramic and carbon fiber and other compounds, what would be the most likely of the modern materials to make Batman's Batarangs and cables and other devices from?

Would he more likely go with some high-tech engineered steel alloy, perhaps powder metallurgy based things, and like some of the steel that we see used in Spyderco knives, or, would he go with some exotic titanium alloy?
Crux

Post by Crux »

I thought about this last night. If Superman's suit and cape came from his baby blanket (what a large blanket) and it's also super strong, how did his "mom" sew it into a suit? Because Maxamet didn't exist then.
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Crux wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:43 pm
I thought about this last night. If Superman's suit and cape came from his baby blanket (what a large blanket) and it's also super strong, how did his "mom" sew it into a suit? Because Maxamet didn't exist then.

Maybe Wolverine helped out with his adamantium claws?
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

https://youtu.be/X5tSpgU96WY