Vampires, Zombies, Werebeasts, oh my!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
SpyderEdgeForever

Vampires, Zombies, Werebeasts, oh my!

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Its fiction but its interesting:

https://www.fvza.org/toptenplaces2.html

What if the world really had vampires, zombies, and were beasts? What and how would this change society and humanity?

Would you arm yourself with wooden daggers and silver plated things and what knives would be good for fighting these?

https://www.fvza.org/vampires.html

They base it on the idea of viruses that cause vampirism, lycanthropy, and sonambulism/zombies.
Extra330SC

Re: Vampires, Zombies, Werebeasts, oh my!

Post by Extra330SC »

For all enemies. .... foreign and domestic! Aliens too.... :rolleyes: :cool: https://youtu.be/dvjdIsJ8-jk
Daveho

Post by Daveho »

Many cultures believe we do have various cryptid out there aswell creatures created through magic both natural and willed by the magician-I suppose it’s a matter of perspective- just cause i haven’t seen it does that make it fake?
What of thought form entities?
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Vampires don't worry me at all as there are literally dozens of ways to kill them (depending on the source culture of the myth)
1. Stake through the heart
2. Beheading (Note- these first 2 also work on ordinary humans too, so if your pitchfork-wielding-mob make a bit of a boo-boo then just claim they were about to turn into vampires and your timely intervention stopped them)
3. Sunlight
4. Garlic.
5. Throwing a handful of poppy seeds on the ground (Seriously- there's an old myth that Vampires are OCD and will spend forever trying to pick them up)
6. Making them eat dead flesh
7. Holy water
8 The sign of the cross
9. Placing a slice of lemon in their mouth (Tequila bars are safe spaces from the creatures of the night clearly)
10. Steal one of their socks (as per 5 and this is another genuine myth)
11. Nick their coffin with their home soil in. (Only works for vampires on holiday and/or those that overstay their visa)
12. Silver (Yep, there's some myths that make silver as deadly for vampires as werewolves)

To make matters worse they can't cross running water or consecrated ground OR enter your property without permission.
They also believe that the best way to hide is by reversing their last name and deciding to live in the spookiest gaff in town- and they don't show up in mirrors.....Making them very, very easy to spot.

Looking at this list I can kill a vampire with a poppy-seed lemon muffin from Starbucks- which I think we'll all agree is not the last word in self-defence weaponry.
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Ha ha!! :D
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
SpyderEdgeForever

Hahaha good points!

Dave, the thought-form entities would be the worst because, unlike the vampires, as demoncase pointed out, which have many weaknesses, they are more durable and resilient and can move faster and through obstacles easier.

Extra, thanks for the Benelli shot gun video, that is a very good firearm!
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

That London dude was awesome.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
Daveho

Post by Daveho »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:47 am
Hahaha good points!

Dave, the thought-form entities would be the worst because, unlike the vampires, as demoncase pointed out, which have many weaknesses, they are more durable and resilient and can move faster and through obstacles easier.

The thing about thought form entities is that they, like the minds that create them are so varied-they really range from peoples best friends to worst nightmares, a good example of these thought form creatures are Tulpa, however when dealing in magic in any form it is important to know what you are doing.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I think a robot uprising is a much bigger concern. :)
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:47 am
I have one, and really like it. The manual of arms was really hard to get adjusted to, so there's definitely a learning curve if you're transitioning from a Mossberg (which I was) or a Remington.
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

TomAiello wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:34 pm
I can barely get my home laptop and work laptop to talk to each other.

I am not planning on starting the Butlerian Jihad against Abominable Intelligence anytime soon ;)
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
SpyderEdgeForever

demoncase wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:52 pm
TomAiello wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:34 pm
I can barely get my home laptop and work laptop to talk to each other.

I am not planning on starting the Butlerian Jihad against Abominable Intelligence anytime soon ;)
Good ole Serena Butler, and the Atriedes' progenitor. How about those Titans, and their various electro-mechanical monster bodies. Oh man, and what about Omnius?

The incredible thing is that Omnius survives! I was surprised. (you and I know who this Omnius is, there are other genres that have such a character, too).

Plasteel is in there too.

https://dune.fandom.com/wiki/Omnius

Omnius was the real cause of the Butlerian Jihad and man's hatred against intelligent machines, along with the Titans.