Nikola Tesla: Interesting article.

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
SpyderEdgeForever

Nikola Tesla: Interesting article.

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

JD Spydo

Re: Nikola Tesla: Interesting article.

Post by JD Spydo »

Very few people have even the slightest clue as to how much of a role that Nikola Tesla played in the scientific progress of Western Civilization. Not to mention his role in the "Industrial Revolution". Most people don't realize how huge of a contribution Tesla made in the innovation of AC electrical current ( Alternating Current). While his adversary ( Robber Baron) Thomas Edison was still stuck on DC ( direct current) :rolleyes: .

It's so sad that Tesla had such poor business skills because in spite of all the genius inventions and discoveries he's been credited for he literally died financially destitute because of all the industrial robber barons who looted him horribly. Then our wonderful government :rolleyes: seized most of his patents and paperwork records upon his death. Nikola Tesla in my opinion is one of thee greatest American heros in the development of the nation USA as we know it today. He literally should be on Mr. Rushmore in my opinion.
SpyderEdgeForever

There was an article Tesla wrote in Scientific American or another magazine in the 1930s, in which he was discussing the particle accelerators and electrostatic machines available at the time,and he theorized and predicted that in the future what mankind should make is a miniaturized machine that is semi intelligent, and functions like a chemical catalyst, but, on the subatomic and nuclear scale, to perform nuclear reactions without all of the danger and the bulky and expensive facilities that are used even today. Imagine something that can join protons and neutrons and rearrange them like we can now rearrange atoms and molecules, to form and transmute new materials and recycle waste materials. Tesla was indeed far ahead of his time.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:21 am
There was an article Tesla wrote in Scientific American or another magazine in the 1930s, in which he was discussing the particle accelerators and electrostatic machines available at the time,and he theorized and predicted that in the future what mankind should make is a miniaturized machine that is semi intelligent, and functions like a chemical catalyst, but, on the subatomic and nuclear scale, to perform nuclear reactions without all of the danger and the bulky and expensive facilities that are used even today. Imagine something that can join protons and neutrons and rearrange them like we can now rearrange atoms and molecules, to form and transmute new materials and recycle waste materials. Tesla was indeed far ahead of his time.
To say that Tesla was ahead of his time is like saying that a Killer Whale is bigger than a goldfish :eek: and it might even be more disproportionate than that when you think about just how brilliant Tesla was. I would give a pretty nickel to know what all inventions, patents and laid out plans that the government immediately seized from Tesla's home when he died. His nephew went on record saying that they literally seized most everything of top importance. It's even been said that the H.A.A.R.P. project up in Alaska is Tesla's technology.

However to give the government the benefit of the doubt it might truly have been necessary to do that>> because if that advanced technology would have gotten into the wrong hands it might have had very disastrous consequences. My nephew has a Phd in Astro Physics and he has told me on occasions that most people ( even intellectuals) can't even fathom how unbelievably brilliant of a guy he was. My nephew went on to say that Tesla and Seymour Cray might have been the two most genius humans to ever exist. Even the Ancient Aliens TV Show raised the possibility of him having aid from sources not of this world. Don't know if I believe that or not but it is interesting to think about anyway.

Also a historian that I met told me that it wasn't really Marconi that invented the radio as we know it>> she said it was an invention of Tesla that got stolen. Don't really know that for sure either but I wouldn't bet against it.
fanglekai

Post by fanglekai »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:46 am
Very few people have even the slightest clue as to how much of a role that Nikola Tesla played in the scientific progress of Western Civilization. Not to mention his role in the "Industrial Revolution". Most people don't realize how huge of a contribution Tesla made in the innovation of AC electrical current ( Alternating Current). While his adversary ( Robber Baron) Thomas Edison was still stuck on DC ( direct current) :rolleyes: .

It's so sad that Tesla had such poor business skills because in spite of all the genius inventions and discoveries he's been credited for he literally died financially destitute because of all the industrial robber barons who looted him horribly. Then our wonderful government :rolleyes: seized most of his patents and paperwork records upon his death. Nikola Tesla in my opinion is one of thee greatest American heros in the development of the nation USA as we know it today. He literally should be on Mr. Rushmore in my opinion.
He actually had a contract with Westinghouse where he was entitled to royalties for every kilowatt of AC electricity produced. It would have made him one of the richest people alive. He tore up his contract.

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/artic ... llionaire/
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

fanglekai wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:41 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:46 am

He actually had a contract with Westinghouse where he was entitled to royalties for every kilowatt of AC electricity produced. It would have made him one of the richest people alive. He tore up his contract.

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/artic ... llionaire/
He also had a deal with Thomas Edison to come up with some sort of high tech device that Edison wanted and Robber Baron Edison I believe offered him something like $20,000 ( in 1920's dollars)>> Tesla accomplished it and Edison stiffed him. It's also been documented that ol' man Westinghouse himself ripped off Tesla as well as banker J.P. Morgan. Some of those early 20th century Robber Barons were some extremely corrupt individuals.

Also I heard that the US Government did find Tesla's blueprint for that "death ray" weapon that he invented after his death. All of that is interesting from the aspect that many of the present day tech giants in Silicon Valley have also cheated a lot of good people and loyal workers out of their patents and inventions to get to where they are today. It's going to be interesting to see how they all end up.

They say the only certainties in life are "death & taxes" :rolleyes: >> I truly think they should add "encountering scumbags" in one's lifetime to that list as well :(
SpyderEdgeForever

Tesla also was big into automata and robotics. And look into his bladeless turbine.