What video games are you guys and gals playing?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
vivi

Re: What video games are you guys and gals playing?

Post by vivi »

Wartstein wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:54 am
Never played any video game in my life to be honest. That´s absolutely nothing against video games, I figure those are real fun, but I am a lot out in the mountains in my spare time and just never got into video gaming.

IF I´ll ever start to: What game would you recommend?
I'd pick up a used 3DS and look into the Zelda games. I have one I take camping once in a while.
:unicorn
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Vivi wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:50 am
Wartstein wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:54 am
Never played any video game in my life to be honest. That´s absolutely nothing against video games, I figure those are real fun, but I am a lot out in the mountains in my spare time and just never got into video gaming.

IF I´ll ever start to: What game would you recommend?
I'd pick up a used 3DS and look into the Zelda games. I have one I take camping once in a while.
Thanx! I'll look into that..
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

I play mainly on pc, but I do have 2 Xbox 360s, an OG Xbox, 2 Playstation 2s, a wii... I think that's it. Normally play assetto corsa and elite dangerous, but fire up the 360 to play gta 5 and forza horizon (and a few others) from time to time.

Hard to play much though with a toddler, job, school... But I have fun when I can.
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Cave_Hermit wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:15 pm
What video games are you all playing? I’m starting fallout new Vegas again hopefully gonna actually finish it this time.
I play almost nothing but Fallout and TES games. Well, except for 76, that game can rot in **** lol. I've played 3/NV/4 so many times I could write books, I have over 1k hours in each. Also a big Oblivion/Skyrim fan.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
remnar

Post by remnar »

I recently started playing Destiny 2 and still enjoy playing Skyrim.

I played through Halo 5 about a month ago and was very disappointed and haven't played it since.
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

awa54 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:31 am

razorsharp wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:50 pm
Destiny 2 on PC

The story and graphics of the campaign mode are amazing, but games with only one track to follow have limited appeal to me... Add to that the fact that success in PvP requires grinding for the best gear and the replay value is very limited, at least for me.

Im all about that PVP haha. Crucible is one of my favorite PVP games. You also dont get bored if you join a good clan :)
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Just got Far Cry New Dawn Friday night and I'm loving it. But, I also really liked 5. It is technically the same "map" but it's so different I can't really find my way around like I could if it were the same as 5, there are the occasional landmarks you'll recognize but otherwise it's very different. So far my only gripe is that they did away with weapon mods, which really seems like a step backwards to me but in place of them they've added weapon tiers which almost does the same thing, you just have to find the weapon that does what you need instead of tweaking them to suit.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Conan

Post by Conan »

None.
awa54

Post by awa54 »

...got sucked in to playing Apex Legends by an Overwatch friend, it's My first battle royale experience, the game play is fast and intense, so I'm still fresh meat to boost other player's kill numbers.

The good part of it is that I needed a CPU upgrade to run AL, so it forced me to finally update my mobo bios and install my "new" used FX-8120... The cloud to that silver lining is that now I should probably get a better CPU cooler, so I can overclock without worrying about melting anything.

Sadly DRR2 is PS4/X Box only, so I won't be playing that any time soon :(
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I have a PS4 and some games for it, like MLB, NFL, and NBA.
Also have GTA5.
Just dont have a lot if time to play.
What's a good shooting game out there?
I like the Clancy Rainbow games. Or at least think I would.
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Currently running through the campaign of Red Dead Redemption 2- and there's just so much depth to the game, and so many fun (and funny) touches.
There's so many Easter eggs to find and exploring to do- and that's without hunting, fishing, train robbing, horse stealing, cigarette card collecting, stone carving finding, dinosaur bone hunting....

Xbox One of course. ;)
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

demoncase wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:00 pm
Currently running through the campaign of Red Dead Redemption 2- and there's just so much depth to the game, and so many fun (and funny) touches.
There's so many Easter eggs to find and exploring to do- and that's without hunting, fishing, train robbing, horse stealing, cigarette card collecting, stone carving finding, dinosaur bone hunting....

Xbox One of course. ;)
Lol, man, your sig line made remember Starship Troopers!
What a movie! It has a cult following I think.
Always liked Starship Troopers.
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:19 pm
demoncase wrote:

Xbox One of course. ;)
The movie was pretty fun, but really has nothing to do with the book. I watched the movie first, read the book many years later and wondered if the guy actually read the book before making the movie. Turns out, he really didn't. Haha! Love them both, and hear there's a more accurate movie in the works...
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

soc_monki wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:01 pm
MacLaren wrote:
demoncase wrote:

Xbox One of course. ;)
The movie was pretty fun, but really has nothing to do with the book. I watched the movie first, read the book many years later and wondered if the guy actually read the book before making the movie. Turns out, he really didn't. Haha! Love them both, and hear there's a more accurate movie in the works...
Remember: Service guarantees citizenship...... Would you like to know more? :D
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

demoncase wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:45 am
soc_monki wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:01 pm
MacLaren wrote:
demoncase wrote:

Xbox One of course. ;)
Remember: Service guarantees citizenship...... Would you like to know more? :D

Rico's Roughnecks!!