The CRKT Provoke

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Crux

The CRKT Provoke

Post by Crux »

This knife has caught my eye but there's only a $1 discount from resellers versus direct from CRKT. :(

https://www.crkt.com/provoke.html?utm_s ... in%20Stock
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
TomAiello

Re: The CRKT Provoke

Post by TomAiello »

Looks pretty cool.

With that shape and deployment I'm sure it will get to star in some horror movies at some point.
dsvirsky

Post by dsvirsky »

It's an absolutely genius design by Joe Caswell. I was seriously tempted to buy the custom version, but sanity prevailed.
vivi

Post by vivi »

The thing I don't understand about this design it it appears to be a slipjoint. Wouldn't you want it to lock if you're carrying it for self defense? I prefer a gun either way, but that caught my eye.
:unicorn
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

I've already cut myself on this and I don't even own one. :D
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

demoncase wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:48 am
Could a person in the UK legally own and carry such a knife and use it for cutting apples and oranges and for personal protection from the roving rape gangs and violent gypsies I have heard about that will rush into a store in mass and grab as much as they can and run, and then if the store owner or others pursue them, will be met by dozens of them armed with shot guns and blades? Someone told me this is rampant in the UK since the 1990s and some of them will have their children go and grab cell phones from tourists right in open streets.
dsvirsky

Post by dsvirsky »

Vivi wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:00 am
The thing I don't understand about this design it it appears to be a slipjoint. Wouldn't you want it to lock if you're carrying it for self defense? I prefer a gun either way, but that caught my eye.
It's not a slipjoint. There is a locking mechanism: "a solid steel block moves into a position to create the equivalent of a stop-pin against the the rear-linking arm’s reverse movement."
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:10 am
demoncase wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:48 am
Could a person in the UK legally own and carry such a knife and use it for cutting apples and oranges and for personal protection from the roving rape gangs and violent gypsies I have heard about that will rush into a store in mass and grab as much as they can and run, and then if the store owner or others pursue them, will be met by dozens of them armed with shot guns and blades? Someone told me this is rampant in the UK since the 1990s and some of them will have their children go and grab cell phones from tourists right in open streets.
Yes. It's all 100% true.

I am typing this while I'm being carried off to the hills by a roving gang who will not treat me with respect in the morning.

Worst thing is it's the 3rd time it's happened this week.
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
Crux

Post by Crux »

Vivi wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:00 am
Sure, I always recommend you carry a gun.
cbrstar

Post by cbrstar »

The blade is kinda tiny IMHO.
Crux

Post by Crux »

3.4" is a bit small, but the coolness factor is way up there. Plus D2 is a steel you will find very little of in CRKT. I might have to pick one up even if I have to send it back. I've already almost sent a knife back so I feel I am capable of doing it if it becomes necessary. (i.e. the Misses finds it)
Daveho

Post by Daveho »

Crux wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:53 pm
3.4" is a bit small, but the coolness factor is way up there. Plus D2 is a steel you will find very little of in CRKT. I might have to pick one up even if I have to send it back. I've already almost sent a knife back so I feel I am capable of doing it if it becomes necessary. (i.e. the Misses finds it)
You should give her a second amendment rant and then buy more knives/guns/attack birds.

Then for her birthday

Gadsden flag Bedsheets.
Crux

Post by Crux »

The problem is not the knife but more like, it's "another" knife. She is well aware of my addiction but wonders how much of this world do I indeed to cut up. She has a good point but my Para 3 has a better one. This is why God invented jewelry. :)
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

This does seems like a really cool design, but this knife is not one that I'd consider practical for my edc purposes. I'd mayyybe consider dropping $50 on it for curiosity's sake, but $200 is just insanity..
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
Crux

Post by Crux »

Sometimes these sunny 60 degree days just make me insane. I do save a lot on snow removal. :)
remnar

Post by remnar »

Daveho wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:38 am
Crux wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:53 pm
You should give her a second amendment rant and then buy more knives/guns/attack birds.

Then for her birthday

Gadsden flag Bedsheets.
Where can I find these bedsheets? :rolleyes:
Crux

Post by Crux »

Boll and Branch and I swear I've NEVER felt better in my life. I have tried.
justjohn

Post by justjohn »

CRKT offers a Military/First Responder discount of 25%. Create an account then go to their Support Section. Send them your CRKT Account username and a "sanitized" copy of your Military/First Responder ID Card. They will let you know when your account has been updated to reflect he discount. I am not trying to push the Provoke, merely supplying some info to fellow forum members.
- John

:bug-red "Spyderco"...Vēnērunt, vīdērunt, vīcērunt :bug-red
Crux

Post by Crux »

It would be nice if they offered that discount to Veterans as well.
justjohn

Post by justjohn »

Postby justjohn » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:07 am
"CRKT offers a Military/First Responder discount of 25%." My bad, when I said that I should have clarified Military to include Retirees also. Sorry Crux and anyone else who may have been affected.
- John

:bug-red "Spyderco"...Vēnērunt, vīdērunt, vīcērunt :bug-red