First Knife Rights' Bills of 2019 Introduced

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
critter

First Knife Rights' Bills of 2019 Introduced

Post by critter »

Knife Rights' Switchblade Commerce Bill Introduced in Virginia

At the request of Knife Rights, Virginia State Senator Bryce Reeves introduced SB1251 which, if enacted, would allow a manufacturer, distributor, or retailer to possess or sell switchblade knives, and parts thereof, so long as they are sold or exported outside of the Commonwealth of Virginia.

Enactment of SB1251 would create jobs and provide a much needed revenue boost to the commonwealth.

-----------------

Repeal of Weapons Ban in Places of Worship Filed in Virginia

In response to the multiple instances of attacks in churches and other places of worship, Senator Richard Black has introduced SB 1024 that would repeal Virginia's ban on carrying "a gun, pistol, bowie knife, dagger, or other dangerous weapon" to a "place of worship while a meeting for religious purposes is being held."

If enacted, this bill would clearly allow carry of any Virginia legal knife in a place of worship. Last year this bill was passed by the Senate, but was never taken up in the House.

-----------------

Knife Rights' Knife Owners' Protection Act Re-Introduced in Congress

Originally conceived and authored by Knife Rights in 2010 and first introduced in 2013, the Knife Owners' Protection Act of 2019, H.R. 88, ("KOPA") was introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives on the first day of Congress by Arizona Representative Andy Biggs. KOPA will remove the irrational restrictions on interstate trade in automatic knives that are legal to one degree or another in 44 states, while also protecting the right of knife owners to travel throughout the U.S. without fear of prosecution under the myriad patchwork of state and local knife laws.

Co-sponsors are: Rep. Mark Meadows (R-NC-11), Rep. Robert E. Latta [R-OH-5], Rep. Jeff Duncan [R-SC-3], Rep. Debbie Lesko [R-AZ-8], Rep. Paul A. Gosar [R-AZ-4] and Rep. Randy K. Weber Sr. [R-TX-14].

The bill has not yet been published, but it is identical to last session's H.R. 84

Getting this bill introduced is only the first step. We need your help to gain additional co-sponsors. Please email your Representative and urge them to co-sponsor this commonsense legislation. You can use Knife Rights' Legislative Action Center to easily email your Representative in Congress at: http://www.congressweb.com/KnifeRights/23
JD Spydo

Re: First Knife Rights' Bills of 2019 Introduced

Post by JD Spydo »

Well thank you very much "Critter" for taking that on :) Because when it comes to the Second Amendment I consider my knife rights every bit as important as my gun rights. I also personally think that all of these so called "Switchblade Laws" are completely "un-Constitutional" and should be eliminated as soon as humanly possible.

Also when I use the word "rights">> that is not to be confused with "privileges">> the two are totally different terms all together. Because the corrupt politicians of the past have tried to eliminate our rights and turn them into privileges which can easily be revoked. There has been some progress made in both knife and gun laws but we still have a long way to go IMO.
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

Thanks Doug for everything you do! Nice job on the Ritter /Hogue RSK Knifeworks exclusive. ..I'm getting one as soon as available.
https://www.knifeworks.com/new/rskmk1g2.html

James
Joseph08

Post by Joseph08 »

That' great. Hope it will benefit a lot.
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

Thank you for your work.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!