Hey, JD, what do you think of these serrations?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
knivesandbooks

Hey, JD, what do you think of these serrations?

Post by knivesandbooks »

https://www.knifecenter.com/item/BM365B ... escue-hook

Not so much the model. Seems pricey but maybe not too bad considering. The plain blade is s30v and the serrated blade is 3v. I'm quite interested in how those wide waves perform.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
JD Spydo

Re: Hey, JD, what do you think of these serrations?

Post by JD Spydo »

knivesandbooks wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:39 pm
https://www.knifecenter.com/item/BM365B ... escue-hook

Not so much the model. Seems pricey but maybe not too bad considering. The plain blade is s30v and the serrated blade is 3v. I'm quite interested in how those wide waves perform.
Well it's hard to say just looking at the serrated blade on that double bladed folder but it does look interesting. They seem to look long as well as wavy. I would like to test drive them or at least see them up front. Kansas City is having one of their big gun shows in the next two weeks and I'll try to go. Because we have two really good knife dealers that have booths there and I'm sure that one of them might have one of these on display.

Actually that's the first fully serrated blade I've ever seen from Benchmade. I used to love the patterns they had on their combo edged version of the Boguszewski Spike model. Those were a wavy/rounded type of serration pattern and I often wondered why they didn't at least do a couple of models in full SE :confused: ? Also Benchmade has come forth with some interesting fixed blades and I've wondered why they didn't do at least one of them in full SE??? But again it does look interesting on paper and thanks for bringing it up for discussion.
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

That is a really unique looking knife. I'm intrigued by the CPM 3V steel choice as well... I'd love to see how the SE pattern/ steel combination would work out in everyday use.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

I'm with you on serrated 3v being cool. I'd give it a go. Too bad it is a broken tip spear point and not a sheepsfoot. The idea of a modern 2 bladed jack is awesome.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

knivesandbooks wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:06 pm
I'm with you on serrated 3v being cool. I'd give it a go. Too bad it is a broken tip spear point and not a sheepsfoot. The idea of a modern 2 bladed jack is awesome.
I've been waiting for years hoping that Benchmade would bring back that super favorite model of theirs that I cut my premium knife loving teeth on>> Speaking of the Boguszewski Spike models. It's also interesting that Benchmade came up with a premium double bladed folder. They had a double bladed folder a few years back but that one had one small blade that didn't make much sense to me :confused: >> I'm sure hoping that Spyderco doesn't abandon their concept of a premium double bladed folder ( one PE and one SE)>> It's high time for a Dyad II.

But again that serration pattern has me intrigued as well. Serrations are hard to judge just by looking at them. You truly have to test drive them to see what they are capable of. I'm anxious to give them a try. I hope there is one I can look at in person at the upcoming Gun Show I'm going to attend.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

It would be nice if they'd show the ground side of the blade so we can get a better look at how the serrations are cut.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Evil D wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:18 am
It would be nice if they'd show the ground side of the blade so we can get a better look at how the serrations are cut.
Haven't followed Benchmade in a while. But it must be a relatively new release because I couldn't find a video or hardly any information on this one. But I do like the fact that BM is doing a double-bladed, full sized model. Hopefully it will make the great Spyder Factory put their's into high gear on the Dyad II.

It's been a few years ago but about 02 or 03 I had a BUCK double bladed folder that was a fairly nice piece considering. Hopefully it's a trend getting ready to take off. Because I would love to see Spyderco get about two or three double bladed models going.

Those serrations are rather lengthy looking like the ones you would see on a really fancy German made bread knife.