Stuff you made

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
ShaneInDenver

Re: Stuff you made

Post by ShaneInDenver »

I recently made a Canadian Belt Knife, 1084 steel, stock removal.

And I've been trying to learn how to make mokume gane, here's a few pieces worth showing.

Stuart Ackerman

Post by Stuart Ackerman »

A set called Quattro Serrata, bought by one person...

Top to bottom:
Stabilised Bog Oak
Butterscotch G10
Pakkawood
Stabilised Zebrano

Click on the image to enlarge it...
quattro serrata final.jpg
spyderg

Post by spyderg »

A few as gifts, sold/selling a couple.
6D318972-756E-42A3-B33E-6402137AF833.jpeg
If you're wielding the sharpest tool in the shed, who's going to say that you aren't...?
Halfneck

Post by Halfneck »

I've finished the handles on a few Opinel Ebauche. Found out that Olivewood can be fairly toxic when sanding & it aerosolizes. I broke out in a poison oak like rash. Was ok to handle otherwise, but ended up giving it to a good friend as a gift. Made another in Walnut for myself.
WalnutEbauche.jpg
OlivewoodEbauche.jpg
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

I recently made some nice big strops and sent one to a guy who sold me a knife and we kinda became internet pals lol. It was a fun project and it was gratifying to be able to do something nice for somebody without anything in return, other than pics of the shirogami kiridashi he uses on it!
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Not my designs and definitely not hand-made but I made these....

Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
z4vdBt

Post by z4vdBt »

^ some awesome stuff!

I've found something I have some talent in - cooking. First pic, coconut flour chia biscuits ( 1 net gram carb ). Second, 1/4 cheeseburger pie ( 4.3 net grams carbs ).

prndltech

Post by prndltech »

z4vdBt wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:31 am
cheeseburger pie
You have my attention.
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Really cool off beat stuff here fellas. :)

I used to build all my own fishing rods in my younger days. This one has survived incredible well. It’s a Land Based Game stick I put together about twenty five odd years ago. The blank (bought in ‘83) is an old school Ugly Stick 6’-6” 30lb Game stick. It’s a stump puller coupled with a Penn Inter’ 30W reel. Dusting it off and thinking about doing some land based shark fishing brings back some happy memories.

I butted it up with Aftco reel seat and gimble fitting and either Japanese or America quality (can’t remember) Duralon grips which I formed.

“A” Grade threads under and over binding with Fuji SiC insert, titanium framed guides.

Aftco Roller Tip.

A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
z4vdBt

Post by z4vdBt »

Made half a recipe of this: crustless quiche. A few substitutions, hwc (heavy whipping cream) vice milk / half & half, sharp cheddar vice monterey jack, wild caught salmon vice bacon. Cooking right now...

And some LC cheese bread (mozzarella) yesterday afternoon.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Bloke wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:42 pm
Really cool off beat stuff here fellas. :)

I used to build all my own fishing rods in my younger days. This one has survived incredible well. It’s a Land Based Game stick I put together about twenty five odd years ago. The blank (bought in ‘83) is an old school Ugly Stick 6’-6” 30lb Game stick. It’s a stump puller coupled with a Penn Inter’ 30W reel. Dusting it off and thinking about doing some land based shark fishing brings back some happy memories.

I butted it up with Aftco reel seat and gimble fitting and either Japanese or America quality (can’t remember) Duralon grips which I formed.

“A” Grade threads under and over binding with Fuji SiC insert, titanium framed guides.

Aftco Roller Tip.

Throw a Skipjack Tuna on a big J-hook and toss it out in that Australian water. Come back and show us what eats it! Watch your fingers and toes....and arms and legs. ;)
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

ShaneInDenver wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:52 am

https://i.imgur.com/zZiOMAW.jpg

And I've been trying to learn how to make mokume gane, here's a few pieces worth showing.

https://imgur.com/ZW3D5nC http://i.imgur.com/ZW3D5nC.jpg
That's really beautiful Shane! Is it copper and silver?
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

"You ever make anything yourself?"

Don't know if it counts but I worked in construction from the age of 14 to 16 years of age, and made a lot of things as part of a crew. I've done everything from run architectural blue/black ammonia prints, fell trees, lay sod, paint primer on wood, lay flat and vertical concrete, and work as an electrician.

My work is all over central and northern Illinois.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Surfingringo wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:31 pm
Throw a Skipjack Tuna on a big J-hook and toss it out in that Australian water. Come back and show us what eats it! Watch your fingers and ....and arms and legs. ;)
That would be the way to go Lance, for sure. Bonito go pretty good and our big Sea Mullet make good dead bait.

My daughter’s husband is showing interest of late but I’m slowly and surely turning into a sloth. I s’pose dusting off the old rod was a baby step in the right direction but you know better than most, it’s bloody hard work and I’ve had an aversion to that for a while now. Ah, hahaha, ah, hahaha, ah, hahaha! :) :rolleyes:
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
ShaneInDenver

Post by ShaneInDenver »

The Meat man wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:10 pm
ShaneInDenver wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:52 am

https://i.imgur.com/zZiOMAW.jpg

https://imgur.com/ZW3D5nC http://i.imgur.com/ZW3D5nC.jpg
That's really beautiful Shane! Is it copper and silver?
Thank you! They are copper and nickel, all made from quarters and the smaller one is from dimes. I'm still struggling with with cold shuts, where the material will not fuse together properly. I'm using a small two brick forge and a hammer to make them, I think I would have better luck using a press. I'd like to get a nice billet to make some swiss army knife scales or a ring, but I still need to keep practicing to get a billet without the cold shuts.
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

I love seeing all the things you all are making! I find that anytime I talk with someone that likes making things (anything), we tend to have many things in common. I refer to people like myself that like to make things as having the "maker gene". These days I spend most of my time making knives and knife related tools and fixtures. Even though knives are my favorite thing to make now, I generally like the process of making anything.

Here's a few of the things I've enjoyed making..

An antler handled ferro rod.

Some of the most satisfying things I've made have also been the simplest..
Like this granite oven I made in the wilderness. The granite slab inside cooked 3 fish perfectly in 6 minutes. I didn't want to leave the oven behind. :p
:spyder: Spyderco fan and collector since 1991. :spyder:
Father of 2, nature explorer, custom knife maker.
@ckc_knifemaker on Instagram.