NFL Season Again

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Re: NFL Season Again

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:35 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:15 pm
Unbelievable.....Tom Brady, Lord of the Rings.
Seriously, the Pittsburgh Steeler franchise has been to 8 Super Bowls. Brady, has been to 9.....
Gotta give it to him. The man is so clutch.

I just hate how suddenly, out of the blue "patriot fans" popped up in this thread the past few weeks...where were you guys all season while this thread was going on???

Funny how the past few years, I've encountered more Patriots, Eagles, Warriors, Cavs fans than I've ever met my entire life. I'm sure if the Rams won tonight, it would be the same thing. Most "Patriots fans" cant answer a simple trivia question prior to 2001...

Bandwagon is so easy to hop on :mad:

I live in Massachusetts or the north east, I'm suddenly validated. Makes me sick.
I know man. Really, I do. Same with me when Carolina wins the National Championship.
But.....celebrate. Celebrate and enjoy this......may never happen again for a long time.
But,, then again lol, with Brady and Belichick it could happen again next year. Just Unbelievable.....
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Sorry I was busy watching the games. :p

Didn't know discussing the team on the Spyderco forums was a requirement to be a true fan.
-Nick :bug-red
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:48 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
MacLaren wrote:
Seriously, the Pittsburgh Steeler franchise has been to 8 Super Bowls. Brady, has been to 9.....

I just hate how suddenly, out of the blue "patriot fans" popped up in this thread the past few weeks...where were you guys all season while this thread was going on???

Funny how the past few years, I've encountered more Patriots, Eagles, Warriors, Cavs fans than I've ever met my entire life. I'm sure if the Rams won tonight, it would be the same thing. Most "Patriots fans" cant answer a simple trivia question prior to 2001...

I live in Massachusetts or the north east, I'm suddenly validated. Makes me sick.
I know man. Really, I do. Same with me when Carolina wins the National Championship.
But.....celebrate. Celebrate and enjoy this......may never happen again for a long time.
But,, then again lol, with Brady and Belichick it could happen again next year. Just Unbelievable.....
I respect the **** out of the Patriots. Honestly think once Brady and/or Belicheck retire, we will NEVER see anything like this again. I've grown to appreciate greatness when I see it. Seeing Jordan and Brady...I believe I was blessed to grow up in this era.

If other teams could adapt to the "Patriot Way"...they could be so much more successful. Nobody on that team is selfish, desires an outlandish contract. They just work together and get it it. Year after year.

I'm sick of seeing it, but respect the **** out of it. The old timers can talk about the Steelers, Cowboys, Raiders, Packers etc of the old days...none of them can compare to what we've witnessed the past 17 years or so.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:56 pm
MacLaren wrote:
TkoK83Spy wrote:
MacLaren wrote:

I respect the **** out of the Patriots. Honestly think once Brady and/or Belicheck retire, we will NEVER see anything like this again. I've grown to appreciate greatness when I see it. Seeing Jordan and Brady...I believe I was blessed to grow up in this era.

If other teams could adapt to the "Patriot Way"...they could be so much more successful. Nobody on that team is selfish, desires an outlandish contract. They just work together and get it it. Year after year.

I'm sick of seeing it, but respect the **** out of it. The old timers can talk about the Steelers, Cowboys, Raiders, Packers etc of the old days...none of them can compare to what we've witnessed the past 17 years or so.

Absolutely. Its just the truth. Period.
I have always tried to give credit where its due.
And the real heck of all this is......they ain't thru yet!
But, like you say, when they are, we prolly will not witness anything like it again.
Big congratz to Patriot Nation tonight.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:56 pm
MacLaren wrote:
TkoK83Spy wrote:
MacLaren wrote:

Wow. Steve Young......he just nailed it. Hope you saw that...
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I saw old fashioned defense oriented and eat the clock with run plays by both teams. The Patriots can do run or pass crazy stuff but like to maintain control of the clock. I say coaching and game planning is a Patriot strong point. Their defense played better than a more talented Rams defense. Every year they patch together a what should be terrible offensive line into a good unit. They achieve so much with not really the best team player wise so it has to be coaching. Another factor is they don't have players who won't buy into the team philosophy. They can tell players " If you want to do it here you will do it our way". They can and have traded star players who weren't Patriot material so it works.

Detroit has gone into the Patriot way in a big way. They had players complaining and wanting to leave because of the very physical and unusually long and grueling training sessions which they weren't used to which is one of the reasons the patriots seem to do well at the seasons end and in overtime play. They are better conditioned than most NFL players. Talent is a good thing but it takes the right attitude to make it in that system and as long as they have a chance of getting another Superbowl win they won't have difficulty getting the right players. Teams adapting the system like Detroit don't have that. The Patriots and their system have been a kind of perfect storm that probably can't ever be replicated elsewhere.

In a way the Cowboys of the 70's were similar . Not nearly as good a record but similar in some ways.

Joe
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

A lot of people seem to be pretty down on McVeigh.
But, I dont think they should be. The Rams has a wonderful season and certainly have a bright future.
And for the people that are so down on McVeigh, just remember; it ain't that darn easy to beat Bill Belichick. Only 2 ( coaches )have ever done it in the 9 times that the Patriots have been there under Belichick.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

The guy is 33 years old! I think he's done an incredible job the past few years. Heck, someday we could be calling him the next Bill Belichick! They definitely have a great team to build on...a lot of pricey players, so who knows how things will work out when contracts are up, but they are certainly built to win now. Just didn't happen yesterday. A healthy Todd Gurley sure would have taken some pressure off of Goff, which he needed because that Patriots defense was excellent last night.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Its is just flat out so incredibly hard to win that Lombardi Trophy.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Btw, was happy to see Chris Long win the Walter Peyton Man Of The Year Award.
Howie must be on cloud 9.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?