NFL Season Again

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Re: NFL Season Again

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:14 am
If they beat the lowly Bengals and the Browns beat the Ravens, Steelers will be in. Browns have won 5 out 6 I believe...but winning in Baltimore, the way they've been playing doesn't seem very likely.
Wow. It's a HELLUVA lot more possible than I thought!
Let's go Baker!!! :D
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I've got a buddy that's a diehard Notre Dame fan and yesterday was his birthday...he's also a Steelers fan. I'm hoping the stars align for him today after what he went through last night.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:42 pm
I've got a buddy that's a diehard Notre Dame fan and yesterday was his birthday...he's also a Steelers fan. I'm hoping the stars align for him today after what he went through last night.
I hear ya buddy.
I hate to say it, but I knew that was going to happen with the Irish.
Now Georgia, on the other hand.....that would have been a helluva game imo. ( Georgia vs Clemson )
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

No I believe that there is some real internal strife in that Pittsburgh organization and if they don't produce in the post season I really think that Tomlin is going to get the boot. I would truly be surprised if that didn't happen. There are also a growing number of players calling for his dismissal and that is just not characteristic of a Steeler's team.

Now Jon Gruden of Oakland is probably safe for at least 4 years or so. They are banking on him completely rebuilding the team. I've thought for a long time that Jon Gruden was overrated because when he did win that Superbowl with the Tampa Bay BUCS he essentially did it with a team that Tony Dungy actually built. Because he didn't really do squat after that. Also his first tenure with the Raiders wasn't all that impressive either.

It will be most interesting to see how the day turns out. I do believe it's going to be bad news for at least 6 head coaches. But I don't think anything less than a Superbowl victory will keep Garrett as the Dallas head coach. And if the Bengals keep Marvin Lewis as head coach then that will prove that there is something horribly wrong with that entire organization. I would truly be shocked if they don't get rid of Marvin Lewis.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

2:00 to go.
Let's go Baker!!!
Just get it in field goal range.......
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Lordy...Lordy...
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Well the Chiefs got their head out of their rear end and even the defense acted as though they really want to win. The Chiefs won today 35-3 at Arrowhead stadium and now we get to host all of our playoff games at home at ARROWHEAD.

I'm really sick to hear about Nick Foles getting injured because I was really pulling for Philadelphia to win the NFC. Even Dallas pulled one out by the skin of their teeth 36-35. Coach Jason Garrett better had go all the way to the Superbowl if he wants to keep his job.

There is still a few games left but it looks like Baltimore may pull their game out. I don't know who the Chiefs will play first but I really don't think it's going to matter. Because if the fans are as turbulent as they were today I do believe a visiting team will be in for a literal nightmare :cool:
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Ugh...gotta feel for the Steelers and all their fans.

Now, imagine a Bears/Ravens Superbowl!! Over/under 20?? Haha

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:41 pm

I've got to admit that the past 3 games the Bears have played have really impressed me. Didn't expect them to be a factor at the first of the year but I didn't expect The Ravens to make the playoffs either.

Can't wait to see who the Chief's first playoff opponent will be >> as fired up as the fans were at ARROWHEAD today I think whoever is coming to town won't be liking it at all.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:41 pm

No joke!!! :D
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:39 pm
Well the Chiefs got their head out of their rear end and even the defense acted as though they really want to win. The Chiefs won today 35-3 at Arrowhead stadium and now we get to host all of our playoff games at home at ARROWHEAD.

I'm really sick to hear about Nick Foles getting injured because I was really pulling for Philadelphia to win the NFC. Even Dallas pulled one out by the skin of their teeth 36-35. Coach Jason Garrett better had go all the way to the Superbowl if he wants to keep his job.

There is still a few games left but it looks like Baltimore may pull their game out. I don't know who the Chiefs will play first but I really don't think it's going to matter. Because if the fans are as turbulent as they were today I do believe a visiting team will be in for a literal nightmare :cool:
Wow! Didnt know Foles got hurt!! :(
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:21 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:39 pm

Wow! Didnt know Foles got hurt!! :(
The first reports I heard was that Nick Foles suffered some kind of chest injury :confused: But I do know that they ended up playing their third string QB to finish the game and Phillie did win in spite of it.

I have no idea who we are going to play but after the performance the defense did today I'm in a lot better mind set because they finally played like they are supposed to. And if the defense can do what they did today I believe we could run the table at ARROWHEAD. And with two weeks rest they said we probably will have Sammy Watkins and Eric Berry both play at the first playoff game. And these new running backs and in particular Damien Williams along with Charcandrick West should do well in the running game. Damien Williams has done great so far. It's getting interesting to say the least.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Well the ax fell on a few coaches today but I don't think it's going to stop there. I am serious when I say that the only thing that will save Jason Garrett ( HC of the DAllas Cowboys) would be to go all the way to a Superbowl victory. And the way Jerry Jones did his life long friend Jimmy Johnson I'm not even so sure that would make him completely immune to being shown the door. What I find unbelievable is that he has put up with Jason Garrett's mediocrity as long as he has. Because Wade Phillips did a helluva lot more for that organization than Garrett has IMO.

If Andy Reid doesn't at least win the very first playoff game here at ARROWHEAD stadium in KC I truly think that the pressure from the fans alone will get him looking for a new job. He really needs to at least get us to the SUPERBOWL to be safe in my opinion. Because the fans here in KC are really POed at him and defensive coordinator Bob Sutton especially. Those two loses in a row in weeks 15 & 16 were flat out INEXCUSABLE :mad: and about 85% of the fan base here in KC agree with me.

I did hear a rumor that the Jets were seriously considering Mike McCarthy for their vacant head coach job. And maybe a change of scenery would do Mike good. I don't think he is a bad coach but things were really going downward in Green Bay. I do look to hear anytime now that Mike Tomlin of the Steelers is going to be fired. I think they are carefully considering who they are going to replace him with. But I don't look for Mr Tomlin to be back in 2019 season. I'll post more when I learn more but trust me there are going to be more coaching changes this year than probably any other in recent memory.

And finally at last the Bengals fired Marvin Lewis>> that should have been done at least 8 to 10 years ago in my opinion. That team desperately needs to change what they are doing ASAP.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I must say.....I am legitimately worried for Kansas City.
Andrew Luck and the Colts are really playin ball...
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Tight game in Big D tonight!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Oh man.....cant believe Janikowski injured himself tonight.
Of all the players for Seattle to loose.....
No chance of a good onside kick.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Colts are no joke! Haven't had the chance to watch them much this year...but that team has it, on both sides of the ball. Winning on the road like that, wow! Manhandled time of possession.

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:29 pm
Colts are no joke! Haven't had the chance to watch them much this year...but that team has it, on both sides of the ball. Winning on the road like that, wow! Manhandled time of possession.
Lol, yes!
It's like Andrew Luck, and all the Colts are back with a vengeance.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:42 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:29 pm
Lol, yes!
It's like Andrew Luck, and all the Colts are back with a vengeance.
Yes indeed it will be the Indianapolis Colts against the KC Chiefs this coming Saturday (01-12-19) and the town is buzzing over it. Not going to predict who will win but it does appear that the Chiefs are about a 3 point favorite from a couple of gambling websites. Well the Chiefs had a very much needed week off and it looks as though most everyone will be playing this upcoming Saturday. The Chief's defense looked like it was picking up a bit in the Oakland game>> they sure better do what it takes to make Andrew Luck's day a miserable one. Personally I think the Chiefs are way overdue for another blow-out. But we'll know for sure this coming Saturday.

Dallas really impressed me last night with their defense. I think that the Cowboys and the Eagles are to be feared at this point. Maybe Garrett might get to keep his job after all. This Phillie vs Chicago game is going to be a mean one I'm sure. It sure looks like the Chargers will be playing Lord Brady next weekend. I wish them all the luck in the world. That would really make me happy to see the Patriots annihilated on their home turf. I do believe Phillip Rivers could pull it off.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Honestly, if the Chiefs can just do what they are capable of, then they will defeat the Colts and everyone else in the AFC imo.
I really do believe the Super Bowl will be K.C. vs New Orleans.