WiFi clock?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
kbuzbee

WiFi clock?

Post by kbuzbee »

Hey guys, do any of you have a recommendation for a clock that syncs it’s time via WiFi? It doesn’t need to have much else. I’d prefer A) plug in not battery (battery backup is fine). B) dimly lit, it’s for my nightstand C) not too big but at least 1” - 2” digits (I don’t wear my glasses when I sleep, haha)

I’ve tried radio (ne “atomic”) clocks with mixed results. While my “Atomic” GShocks typically do update every night, the clocks I’ve used rarely seem to. Hence my search for one that syncs to a NTS over WiFi.

So, any experiences or recommendations?

Thanks,

Ken
Sharona

Re: WiFi clock?

Post by Sharona »

I just cant trust my job on it!
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Sharona wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:03 am
I just cant trust my job on it!
Not sure what you’re saying? How would a clock that updates its time via nts impact your job? Would this be true for one that sets its time over radio waves out of Fort Collins, CO as well? Confused...

Ken
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I wish I knew. I simply use my smartphone because it has all of the features you are asking for. I use a Samsung and it has the clock on display when the screen locks and the phone is doing nothing. It has big numbers of about 1/2 inch or larger. There are probably apps that will do the same thing and give even bigger numbers. I keep mine propped up slightly on the night stand next to the bed (the number color is changeable). However, there are some gel sticky things my wife bought that will stick on the wall or anywhere and peal right off if need be. It will stick the phone anywhere you want it. I like to listen to music in the shower so I simply stick the phone on the wall and peal it off when I am finished.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Thanks Dan, I’m currently using my iPad mini the same way and I have an app that does a great job (shows weather and cal data as well) but my iPad is getting old and I thought not running it all night like that would be “better”. So that got me thinking, surely this “exists”, you know?

Ken
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Not sure the cost or where to buy, but this sounds like what you are looking for?
https://timemachinescorp.com/applicatio ... ll-clocks/

Might need to but it behind tinted glass though.

I agree that an old phone/table sounds pretty ideal. Could even use an old pc with a small external display