Bottle Openers

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Re: Bottle Openers

Postby Mad Mac » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:20 pm

Recently, I acquired from the Counter Intelligence Corps Association a bottle opener with the Military Intelligence branch insignia. This is a design that would be easy for Spyderco to do, laser cut steel and a black "bug".

Note the dagger. I mean, this is a knife forum.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, two Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Sharpmaker, Police SE, Small SpyderPac, Ultra-Fine Stones, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, two Large Lum Pink G10, Rubicon. 2017: Battlestation, Orange Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: EuroEdge, ClipiTool Standard, 2019 Calendar Contest Rhino CF PLN.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.

AccountDeletedUserRequest

Postby AccountDeletedUserRequest » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:30 pm

Been using my Micra for this lately. For a long time I had trouble getting it to consistently work the first try, but lately I've been having good luck with it.

RustyIron

Postby RustyIron » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:28 pm

Bottle openers are cool, but I don't drink so many beers that I want to carry one around with me all the time. I like my knife to be a knife, and don't want it cluttered up with extra gizmos. How can I open my beer using whatever tools are normally at my disposal?

This is a variant of an old rock climber's trick where we'd use a 'biner to open our beers. The key is to give the blade some upward pressure with the thumb of the "bottle hand," while giving a little upward rotation with the "knife hand." Do it right, and you're not putting much pressure onto the pivot of the knife. The trick is all in your thumb.

IMG_4669.jpeg

Return to “Off-Topic”