Peppermint Essential Oil for Headaches

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: Peppermint Essential Oil for Headaches

Postby Doc Dan » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:46 am

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:What are some good companies or sources where I can find peppermint oil that is proven to be good quality and safe for use? Any suggestions?
Rocky Mountain Oils is the least expensive, the company that originated all the essential oils movement, and has all the certifications. Many people buy from Doterra or Young Living, and they have good quality, but are MLN's and so the products cost more. Those are three I can recommend.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050

SpyderEdgeForever

Postby SpyderEdgeForever » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:41 am

Thank you guys for the info on that.

kbuzbee

Postby kbuzbee » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:49 pm

Doc Dan wrote:There have been actual scientific studies on some of the essential oils that have shown promise for their use as medicine for various things.
Amen, Doc. One thing I tried really shocked me. Had really bad nail fungus. My doc put me on some kind of ointment. Used it for months (expensive too) but nothing. One day I read to try oregano oil. Used it one day and my toenails are completely clear. After almost fours years of this, it was a miracle cure. Truly.

I’ll have to try the peppermint with my wife (I rarely get headaches and when I do, it’s generally dehydration).

Great post!

Ken

Doc Dan

Postby Doc Dan » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:39 pm

kbuzbee wrote:
Doc Dan wrote:There have been actual scientific studies on some of the essential oils that have shown promise for their use as medicine for various things.
Amen, Doc. One thing I tried really shocked me. Had really bad nail fungus. My doc put me on some kind of ointment. Used it for months (expensive too) but nothing. One day I read to try oregano oil. Used it one day and my toenails are completely clear. After almost fours years of this, it was a miracle cure. Truly.

I’ll have to try the peppermint with my wife (I rarely get headaches and when I do, it’s generally dehydration).

Great post!

Ken
Oregano? I will have to try that on my toe.

I do use oregano oil on those scaly spots I get from sun damage and it really helps. The most dramatic this is that I had some black crusty moles, those kind you get as you age, and my wife put oregano essential oil on them and they all came off!
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050

SpyderEdgeForever

Postby SpyderEdgeForever » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:20 pm

Someone asked if essential oils are good for moisturizing the skin for the feet and also for the scalp. Any ideas on this?

kbuzbee

Postby kbuzbee » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:26 am

Doc Dan wrote:The most dramatic this is that I had some black crusty moles, those kind you get as you age, and my wife put oregano essential oil on them and they all came off!
Really? Now THAT, I will have to try! Thanks brother.

Ken

Doc Dan

Postby Doc Dan » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:23 am

She put that on me for an average of two weeks (some shorter) and they came off. I also had some tiny hard knots on my skin from sun damage and they came off, too.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050

jacala

Postby jacala » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:21 am

As I've got older heh heh, I don't get migraines as bad as I used to.Other health problems have taken over? Not really sure why migraines have lessened ??
When I feel a migraine coming on, I take 2 to 4 soluble aspirin in a glass of water and just about always I feel OK in about a half hour.
I also rub/roll a Migrastick on my forehead and temple areas.Has Peppermint Oil and Lavender Oil in it. And it smells good!!

Doc Dan

Postby Doc Dan » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:01 am

http://usefultipsforhome.com/house-pest ... ource=shrd

Peppermint essential oil can rid your house of spiders and mice.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050

defenestrate

Postby defenestrate » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:17 am

peppermint oil also may have some digestive benefits. Glad it's helping you. Different people have different sensitivity to these oils so what might be great for one person might be useless for one and overwhelming for another. Interesting, how much the biochemistry and default tolerances can differ.

Return to “Off-Topic”