Thank you for your service all veterans and active-duty men and women and your families!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
SpyderEdgeForever

Thank you for your service all veterans and active-duty men and women and your families!

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

I want to personally give you a heart and soul-felt THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE to all of the men and women and your families on the forum who are American and Allied Forces veterans, both veterans and active-duty people. I thank you for protecting and defending freedom and the Constitution and for giving your all and making such a wordlessly vital sacrifice for myself and everyone else. I love you as my own family and thank you! God bless you and Happy Veterans Day! This also includes all of you who are First Responders, Police, Fire fighters, Rescue workers, and everyone else. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Thank you US Marines, Air Force, Navy, Army, Special Forces of all types and everyone in between and all around for your service!

Thank you for giving your all for me and others.
MichaelScott

Re: Thank you for your service all veterans and active-duty men and women and your families!

Post by MichaelScott »

This is meant with respect for those who say “Thank you for your service.” As a veteran Navy man I am a bit uncomfortable when this happens. I’m not alone. I have talked with other vets who feel similarly. Perhaps when some of us got out in the 60s and 70s, the general attitude toward us was very different than it is today. In one sense I can say “you are welcome” because I did spend years directly supporting the freedoms and the Constitutional rights you enjoy. But in another sense I served because I believe it was my responsibility to do so and my duty to my country. May sound old school, but there it is. No need to thank me. It was a privilege and part of my duty as an American.

I think many of us served because it was the right thing to do and it never occurred to us that someone would thank us for it. Anyway, I’m probably rambling now so I will just say, “You are welcome.” I’d do it again in a minute.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
El Gato

Re: Thank you for your service all veterans and active-duty men and women and your families!

Post by El Gato »

GB
Last edited by El Gato on Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

I'm not a Vietnam-era vet, I'm a Vietnam vet, and a decorated combat one at that.

To my ears, "thank you for your service" is just an empty phrase.

If you want to give this phrase actual substance, vote for candidates who will work faithfully to fund the VA at needed levels (get vets into the sustained, effective care they've never really had); and who will work tirelessly to reinstate the draft (make war an unattractive option to elected officials but readiness a national goal regardless of personal inconvenience).
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I actually am grateful that people are showing us some respect and some gratitude. When I was in the service, that was not usually the case.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050