Anyone else living with a 2 1/2 inch blade length limit?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
bryan123

Anyone else living with a 2 1/2 inch blade length limit?

Post by bryan123 »

And if so how are you dealing with it?

Thanks

Dragonfly 2
Bug
1967 Cub Scout knife
Case Teardrop
and a few Swiss Army Knives.
Bryan
High speed low drag tactical operator immunologist philanthropist & bicyclist
Dragonfly 2 VG-10, Roadie, Bug, ZT 0450, Three Rivers LTC Nomad, Cold Steel Tuff Lite, RAT 1 AUS-8, SAK Super Tinker, Cadet, Rover, Classic SD, Opinel 0008 & 6 Tactical Weapon System, LM Original PST, Micra, 1967 Camillus Cub Scout restored by Rock USA Cutlery, Buck 380, Nick Shabazz autographed Z-Hunter, Snake Eyes Tactical Gas Station Knife
The Deacon

Re: Anyone else living with a 2 1/2 inch blade length limit?

Post by The Deacon »

Worst limit here is 3" in a few places, but if I had to deal with a 2.5" limit, I'd go with one of my Kiwis or one of my Kopas, along with my Microtech UTX-70.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

We have a zero blade length limit! :eek:
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
mad german

Post by mad german »

Bloke wrote:We have a zero blade length limit! :eek:
What?! You mean you can't carry any knife at all?
My collection is ever changing!
this_is_nascar

Post by this_is_nascar »

Consider a Roadie.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Dragonfly 2
Urban k390
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

mad german wrote:
It is illegal to carry any cutting implement in Australia. So even with a Manbug in my change pocket I'm breaking the law. :rolleyes:
mad german

Post by mad german »

Bloke wrote:
mad german wrote:
It is illegal to carry any cutting implement in Australia. So even with a Manbug in my change pocket I'm breaking the law. :rolleyes:
But I saw Crocodile Dundee, and Mick carried a badass knife!!! What gives...?! :D
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

mad german wrote:
Bloke wrote:
mad german wrote:
But I saw Crocodile Dundee, and Mick carried a badass knife!!! What gives...?! :D
It's a funny set up here! If you live in a country town no one bats an eyelid. I used to shoot on a property and the delusional manager carried a Leatherman on his belt and two other knives clipped to pockets, both blunt and with the combined value of maybe $6. He'd wear them and his cowboy outfit when he came to Sydney too and never had a problem. Ultimately it's at the individual copper's discretion. :)
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

The new One-eyed Jack should be interesting to those who want a 2 1/2 inch blade. Best of all, it seems to have a Manbug blade shape.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

IF I had that ridiculous limitation, I'd be more than happy with the Dragonfly. What a knife! I only hope I can carry knives legally all my life.
- best wishes, Jazz.
dsvirsky

Post by dsvirsky »

I've lived with that at work. Custom wharncliffe whittler and a Ladybug hawkbill Salt. Polliwog in my lunchbox.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Any knife can be 2.5 inches if you own a Dremel.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

bryan123 wrote:And if so how are you dealing with it?
Not as a legal restriction but I tend to fall into that size carry naturally based on my preferences and requirements. I used to run 3"-3.5" but it's been going down over the past 5-7 years. Carried nothing but a Balance for almost 3 years and currently carrying a K390 Urban. But for me, it's just a preference thing.

Ken
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Evil D wrote:Any knife can be 2.5 inches if you own a Dremel.
This^^. If I had to deal with 2.5", I would get the ethos right on the hand and modify my steel to legal. The Jazz mod on the Stretch comes to mind.
bryan123

Post by bryan123 »

OP here. I am now eagerly awaiting the release of the 2.5 inch Native line that was introduced at Blade Show. Anyone else share my enthusiasm?
Bryan
High speed low drag tactical operator immunologist philanthropist & bicyclist
Dragonfly 2 VG-10, Roadie, Bug, ZT 0450, Three Rivers LTC Nomad, Cold Steel Tuff Lite, RAT 1 AUS-8, SAK Super Tinker, Cadet, Rover, Classic SD, Opinel 0008 & 6 Tactical Weapon System, LM Original PST, Micra, 1967 Camillus Cub Scout restored by Rock USA Cutlery, Buck 380, Nick Shabazz autographed Z-Hunter, Snake Eyes Tactical Gas Station Knife
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Bloke wrote:
mad german wrote:
That is just absolutely despicable :mad: Hey Brother I'm not at all mad at you but I'm mad at a government that would do that to decent citizens :(

Here in the Great State of MISSOURI ( USA) we have a 4 inch blade length limit which is why I can carry my M390 Military model without problem. But some cities have their own ordinances that call for a shorter blade but most of them here in Missouri will at least let you carry 3 inch or even 3.5 inches.

As wild of a country as Australia is with the desert and the outback regions I would think that it would be the other way around. I can't for the life of me understand why any nation would want to ban their citizens from using tools that they need :confused:

I highly urge all of you to support the AKTI ( American Knife & Tool Institute) which is a civil rights organization that lobbies for knife rights for decent citizens. Here where I live they don't really care if you carry a pocket knife and the only time that they would bother a normal citizen is if they committed a crime.

I guess we take a lot for granted here in the USA. Personally I think every man and woman ( at least 16 and older) should be allowed to carry a pocketknife.

I would think that the NATIVE model would be a great model to recommend for carry in most all of the 50 states here in the USA.
mad german

Post by mad german »

JD Spydo wrote:
Bloke wrote:
mad german wrote:
That is just absolutely despicable :mad: Hey Brother I'm not at all mad at you but I'm mad at a government that would do that to decent citizens :(

Here in the Great State of MISSOURI ( USA) we have a 4 inch blade length limit which is why I can carry my M390 Military model without problem. But some cities have their own ordinances that call for a shorter blade but most of them here in Missouri will at least let you carry 3 inch or even 3.5 inches.

As wild of a country as Australia is with the desert and the outback regions I would think that it would be the other way around. I can't for the life of me understand why any nation would want to ban their citizens from using tools that they need :confused:

I highly urge all of you to support the AKTI ( American Knife & Tool Institute) which is a civil rights organization that lobbies for knife rights for decent citizens. Here where I live they don't really care if you carry a pocket knife and the only time that they would bother a normal citizen is if they committed a crime.

I guess we take a lot for granted here in the USA. Personally I think every man and woman ( at least 16 and older) should be allowed to carry a pocketknife.

I would think that the NATIVE model would be a great model to recommend for carry in most all of the 50 states here in the USA.
Hello to a fellow Missourian! I'm glad we can carry up to a 4" blade, although I routinely carry a 3 or 3.5".

so JD, can you recommend a reputable sharpener whom I can send a few knives to for sharpening that's located in MO, by chance?
LDB

Post by LDB »

Shepherd Hills in Lebanon? Not sure if they do sharpening but they are the largest Case dealer in the nation so they definitely know knives.
LDB

Post by LDB »

I used to say if I couldn't live in Texas I might choose Australia but that was 40 years ago before they went insane with gun and knife laws. It's very sad to see such left insanity there.