R.I.P. Ellie...

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
mad german

R.I.P. Ellie...

Post by mad german »

Without going into the details, we had to put our dog, Ellie, down today. She was a rescue my wife saved way back in 2006. She was a very skittish dog who lived in a pen the first 1.5 years of her life. My bride rescued her and gave a new life. She lived the rest of her days with our other dogs and as much love as you can give a dog.

I miss you already, Ellie.
Attachments
RenderedContent-5C2CD90A-59D1-46FF-BB97-295619F79315.JPG
RenderedContent-CF0C3771-2B7E-41A2-BF4C-B70A1A48D5E8.JPG
My collection is ever changing!
wrdwrght

Re: R.I.P. Ellie...

Post by wrdwrght »

Dogs should never die.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

You have my sincerest condolences and compassion.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

My username is my dogs nickname that I lost years ago. My avatar is her pic. I am a big dog lover. It is sad, they should live longer. I have never gotten over her loss. :(

My current dog is a rescue doberman who came to us with many issues. It took a long time but she has really turned around. It brings a smile to my face that you gave a damaged dog a loving home. :) You are good people!

Sorry for your loss. I wish I could do or say more. Again, I wish there was a hug emoji...
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

Sorry for your loss.
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
paladin

Post by paladin »

Beautiful dog...unconditional love is the most powerful force in the universe...I KNOW you & your wife are really hurting, hang in there and thanks for letting us help carry your burden just a little bit.
What is truth? Pontius Pilate
bh49

Post by bh49 »

I am sorry for your loss. R.I.P. Ellie
wrdwrght wrote:Dogs should never die.
or at least live as long as a man
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Sorry for your loss.. R. I. P. Ellie... John
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

I'm sorry
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

I'm sorry
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

So sorry. It's one of the hardest things anyone ever has to do. There is a saying that all dogs go to heaven, and I think it is true.
Bugs

Post by Bugs »

Sorry for your loss. Our dogs are like our kids. They take a little piece of you when they leave.
Playing in SW FL Back Country with Tarpon, Snook & Reds.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

So sorry for your loss. Whoever says pets aren't family must not have a heart.
Last edited by Evil D on Thu May 25, 2017 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I just read this. I'm truly sorry for your loss M.G.! It's always hard when we have to say goodbye to one of four legged family members. I just wanted to say good for you and your wife for turning that dogs life around and giving her the love and attention she deserves.

A while back my wife (now ex) rescued a Border Collie puppy. She (Bella) was a real mess when we got her but after a few months and lots of work, patience, and love she became one of the best dogs we've ever had. Smart as can be and cute as a button. I'm no longer with my wife (of 24 yrs) and don't miss her one bit but I sure do miss that dog!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Midnightrider

Post by Midnightrider »

Really sorry to hear this. I've been there too many times myself. Condolences to you.
Millies in S110V, CTS-204p, REX 45, PM2/S110v, Native 5/Maxamet, P4/K390, Pacific Salt SE/H1, UK PK
Wants/Wishes (only NIB and EU): Militarys in 52100, Maxamet, Cru-Wear, Manix 2/Maxamet
Yes, Virginia, that's a Purple Haze in my suit pocket :)
mad german

Post by mad german »

Thank you so much, guys, for all of the well wishes. I still can't wrap my head around the fact that she's gone. I keep looking for her, when the other dogs bark it sounds different without her distinctive voice, it seems odd not having her food bowl out, etc. I've been through this before, and it's never easy. Thanks again. I appreciate it.

Cheers-
My collection is ever changing!
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

My deepest sympathies on your loss. May your memories of her keep her spirit alive forever in your heart...

Stay safe,

Mike
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

My sincere condolences, M.G. Losing a dear friend is never easy. I hope you will be comforted by many fond memories with her.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Midnightrider

Post by Midnightrider »

mad german wrote:Thank you so much, guys, for all of the well wishes. I still can't wrap my head around the fact that she's gone. I keep looking for her, when the other dogs bark it sounds different without her distinctive voice, it seems odd not having her food bowl out, etc. I've been through this before, and it's never easy. Thanks again. I appreciate it.

Cheers-
I have to stop reading this thread. I still get sick when I think about a couple of my old faithfuls. Some of them have been gone over a decade. I know exactly what you mean.
Millies in S110V, CTS-204p, REX 45, PM2/S110v, Native 5/Maxamet, P4/K390, Pacific Salt SE/H1, UK PK
Wants/Wishes (only NIB and EU): Militarys in 52100, Maxamet, Cru-Wear, Manix 2/Maxamet
Yes, Virginia, that's a Purple Haze in my suit pocket :)
SkullBouncer

Post by SkullBouncer »

I'm So Sorry to read of your beloved Ellie. My condolences and positive waves go out to you and all in concern.

Been there with so many very, very special pets along my life road. When I read your post, it jerked tears, yes. It can leave deep lesions on the master's heart that never completely heal.

Meditate Beautifully Upon, and Honor her Memory, my friend. She awaits you. ;)
I believe it was Will Rogers (?) that said "If dogs don't go to Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they go".
Old Cowboy's wisdom and logic breaches many barriers of which today many will never know.

=========================================================================================
The Cherished Life's Lost is paid for all too often in pain -- but it reveals the worth of the soul that shoulders that burden. IMHO and Deep in my Soul, it all serves a wide and wonderful plan and purpose.... in the "Omega Concern".
Hang tight, bro.
=========================================================================================

:spyder: :spyder: Stay Sharp --
-- SB / Bruce :cool: :cool: