Yay, yea, and yeah

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Yay, yea, and yeah

Post by Doc Dan »

I have noted some confusion about the use of these words, and have even made a typo or two myself.

Yay can mean 'this', as in the fish was yay big. It can also mean hurray. Yay, our team won.
Yea is pronounced the same way as yay, but they mean different things. Yea means yes. Yea is the opposite of nay and the same as aye. It is not used much anymore except in formal settings like meetings where votes are taken and in poetry.
Yeah is the informal version of yes. It is pronounced yeh-uh. Are you going to the movies? Yeah, I am.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Evil D

Re: Yay, yea, and yeah

Post by Evil D »

Yea, people suck at grammar. Their always mixing them up.

;)
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
laker_cj

Post by laker_cj »

Evil D wrote:Yea, people suck at grammar. Their always mixing them up.

;)
HA! I seen what you done did there. (I was going to type their, but I just couldn't stop deleting it as I was hurting my own brain after the first part).
My Owned :spyder: - Tasman Salt; Endura; Delica; Embassy; Tenacious; Kitchen Santoku; Yojimbo2; Pattada; SpyderPac; Para 3; Paramilitary 2; Ouroboros; Dragonfly; Squarehead; Ambitious; Ladybug; Kitchen Utility; Cricket; Rescue; Pingo; Native 5; Gayle Bradley Folder; Rubicon; Dice; Remote Release II; Manix; Moran Drop Point; Polestar; Ikuchi; Sliverax; Bow River; Szabo Folder
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

I do try
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

:D :D :D

We need some laughing Smilies.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050