Shame on Disney/ABC

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
LDB

Shame on Disney/ABC

Post by LDB »

Disney/ABC you idiots. Cancel Last Man Standing? One of the best shows you've had in years and you immature, ignorant leftists cancel it. Dumber than dirt liberal morons.
holeshot

Re: Shame on Disney/ABC

Post by holeshot »

You must not have heard that Mike Baxter is really a Russian posing as an American :p
"No matter where you go, there you are"
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Forum rules...
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Ah, hahaha! Tell 'em what you really think! :p
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Disney has had worse problems, in the last few years. It is no longer safe to let your children watch their programming.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Doc Dan wrote:Disney has had worse problems, in the last few years. It is no longer safe to let your children watch their programming.
Agreed, but I'm going to miss LMS.

Ken
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Doc Dan wrote:Disney has had worse problems, in the last few years. It is no longer safe to let your children watch their programming.

I haven't watched the show, but given Tim Allen's cocaine and prison packed past I'm gonna take a guess that getting rid of the show probably had something to do with keeping children from viewing it?
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

What's TV?

I get PBS, not much more. Not even sure why I have a TV at this point. I do watch a movie from time to time.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Evil D wrote: I haven't watched the show, but given Tim Allen's cocaine and prison packed past I'm gonna take a guess that getting rid of the show probably had something to do with keeping children from viewing it?
Doubtful. At least not in the sense I think you intended it. The show is one of the few essentially conservative comedies in existence. He pokes fun at pretty much everything "liberal" along the way. I have more than a few friends that refuse to watch the show based on TA's past and in my estimation they have missed out on a great show they would have agreed with in most instances. I'm frankly amazed they've allowed it to air as long as it has.

Ken
LDB

Post by LDB »

So guilty forever. The past isn't really the past. Got it. I don't recall if they ever had an episode supporting knife rights but I know they would strongly do so just as they supported gun rights and the correct side of pretty much everything. It's a significant loss given the plethora of wrong sided indoctrination shows constantly flooding the airways.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

For the record I'm not blaming Allen's past I'm just saying people never forget. Honestly I couldn't care less either way.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I do not think that his past is an issue at all. Look at the success of Home Improvement and some of his movies.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

If you have Netflix, check out "The Ranch". Much better I think.
Josh
Bodog

Post by Bodog »

I think it's amazing how the people who follow a religion that teaches forgiveness more than anything else are often the ones least able to forgive.
They who dance are thought mad by those who do not hear the music.
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

It was a matter of a scheduling change, the fact that Allen's contract was back up for negotiations, and ABC is trying to lower its licensing costs. The show was actually produced by Fox, which meant ABC had to pay to air it. It's an older show, and while licensing costs didn't go down, viewership and ad revenue have. ABC actually ended up cancelling most of their Friday night comedies, not just LMS.

But, if you'd rather think it's all part of a liberal conspiracy, I guess that's your right.
LDB wrote:So guilty forever. The past isn't really the past. Got it. I don't recall if they ever had an episode supporting knife rights but I know they would strongly do so just as they supported gun rights and the correct side of pretty much everything. It's a significant loss given the plethora of wrong sided indoctrination shows constantly flooding the airways.
I don't even think I want to know what you consider the "wrong side". :rolleyes:
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
LDB

Post by LDB »

That would be the fairly far left, the position of much of the social engineering, apologist, indoctrinating fodder on televistion.
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

I guess I just don't care enough about TV shows to really notice that they're secretly trying to indoctrinate me into the liberal army. Or maybe I already am, and just don't know it yet.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

It stinks that they would cancel one of their higher rated shows over the perceived politics of it's stars and it's fans. The vitriol of politics has seeped into everything these days it seems like.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I don't know what is more disheartening, that politics must permeate every aspect of our society (including this forum) or that we have become so intolerant of people who think differently than us? Both "sides" are guilty of this.

Divided we fall.....

A friendly reminder; with exception of industry specific discussions like Kniferights we we have been asked to keep politics off the forum. Politics is everywhere you look on the internet. Please let me come here to get away from that. We are a diverse group on here and a shining example of how different people from different places can come together and get along. I hope it stays that way.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
TheKnifeCollector

Post by TheKnifeCollector »

I LOVE LMS!!