Dr. Pepper, Coke, Pepsi or what?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.

What is your favorite soft drink?

Dr. Pepper
24%
Coca Cola
14%
Pepsi
3%
Double Cola
No votes
Royal Crown
No votes
Orange Crush
No votes
Grape Crush
3%
Mountain Dew
5%
Cream Soda
11%
Other
41%

Total votes: 37

Jazz

Re: Dr. Pepper, Coke, Pepsi or what?

Post by Jazz »

Soda water for me. I don't need all that sugar. I like soft drinks. I just don't drink them.
- best wishes, Jazz.
TheKnifeCollector

Post by TheKnifeCollector »

I really don't drink soda, but if I am, I love Dr. Pepper. I prefer Pepsi to Coke.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Lots of root beer peeps in here. What are everyone's favorite brands? We have a local grocery store here that's kind of like a "global market" where they import brands from a bunch of countries and they have all kinds of crazy stuff. They have a huge section full of what are essentially micro brew sodas and quite a few root beer choices. I've tried more than I can remember but Hank's still tops them all and good old IBC is a close second. Hank's also make a Sasparilla and a birch beer that are amazing (and a cream soda, and an orange soda.. really everything they make is top notch).
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Is root beer the same as ginger beer?
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Bloke wrote:Is root beer the same as ginger beer?
Probably similar but not exactly. Originally "root beer" was made from sassafras root but was later banned for being carcinogenic. There are several different variations on "root beer" like Sarsaparilla/birch/ginger and they all have a similar sort of taste but vary depending on the root/flavoring used kind of like actual beer all tastes like beer but they all have their own favor. Generally speaking though, "root beer" is the sassafras flavored drink unless otherwise specified.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Thanks D. :)

I've often wondered.

The only soft drink here in Oz, as you describe is Ginger Beer, at least that I'm aware of and made my several companies. Olde Stoney is the one I like best but it doesn't seem to be as popular as it was when I was growing up.
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Evil D wrote:Lots of root beer peeps in here. What are everyone's favorite brands? We have a local grocery store here that's kind of like a "global market" where they import brands from a bunch of countries and they have all kinds of crazy stuff. They have a huge section full of what are essentially micro brew sodas and quite a few root beer choices. I've tried more than I can remember but Hank's still tops them all and good old IBC is a close second. Hank's also make a Sasparilla and a birch beer that are amazing (and a cream soda, and an orange soda.. really everything they make is top notch).
My favorites are good old Dads root beer, IBC, Crater Lake Root Beer, and Rouge's small batch draft root beer, that unfortunately I think you can only get it on tap at the brewery in Newport, OR. A&W draft root beer is still pretty good too.
Josh
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

Coke
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Root Beer is also made from vanilla root, while others use Sassafras. You can actually taste the difference in root beers like A&W and Barq's, for example.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I don't drink sodas unless I am drinking liquor but when I was a kid I thought that birch beer was magical. Man that stuff is good!

I drink milk, juice, tea, coffee, water and beer. Does beer count? It has bubbles. :D I would say that 90% of the time I drink water.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
TheKnifeCollector

Post by TheKnifeCollector »

I drink water, more than anything else.

Ooooh, I had forgotten about Birch beer; I LOVED that stuff when I was a kid. And I do like a good Root Beer. I just very rarely drink soda.
laker_cj

Post by laker_cj »

Ginger ale would probably be a favourite.

Try to limit soda in general - I've hopped on the Arnold Palmer craze - especially now it's closer to summer.
My Owned :spyder: - Tasman Salt; Endura; Delica; Embassy; Tenacious; Kitchen Santoku; Yojimbo2; Pattada; SpyderPac; Para 3; Paramilitary 2; Ouroboros; Dragonfly; Squarehead; Ambitious; Ladybug; Kitchen Utility; Cricket; Rescue; Pingo; Native 5; Gayle Bradley Folder; Rubicon; Dice; Remote Release II; Manix; Moran Drop Point; Polestar; Ikuchi; Sliverax; Bow River; Szabo Folder
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Does anybody here like Vernor's ginger ale. I like it a lot. It is my fathers favorite. It actually makes an amazing float with vanilla ice cream.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
remnar

Post by remnar »

Does beer count as a soft drink? :D

I rarely drink pop and when I do it usually comes with a fast food meal deal. Typically it will be whatever brand of cola they serve mixed with lemonade if they have it.
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Ginger ale makes a great float, and so do Dr Pepper and root beer.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

Coca Cola is my favorite with Dr. Pepper a very close second.
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

bearfacedkiller wrote:Does anybody here like Vernor's ginger ale. I like it a lot. It is my fathers favorite. It actually makes an amazing float with vanilla ice cream.
Wow Darby, you've taken me back a bit now! :)

When I was about ten, family friends owned an old style Milkbar and when we went to visit they used to treat us kids with all sorts but my favourite was a scoop of vanilla ice cream in a tall glass of coke with a big drizzle of strawberry syrup. :cool:

It was the best thing but I can't remember what it was called.
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Coke float.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

Doc Dan wrote:Coke float.
Ah, yes, Coke floats... been a while since I had one of those. :)
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
LDB

Post by LDB »

Absolutely regular Dr. Pepper although with a recent report of mildly diabetic it's no more soda or other sugary drinks.