Countdown to April 2

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Countdown to April 2

Post by Doc Dan »

The countdown has begun. The long dry spell is over. Baseball season will begin April 2nd 2017!

Baseball is a magical sport. There is nothing else like it. I have played all sorts of sports but baseball is still my great love.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
SpyderEdgeForever

Re: Countdown to April 2

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Baseball is cool Doc. I like it. What are some of your favorite teams and players if any?
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

Doc Dan wrote:The countdown has begun. The long dry spell is over. Baseball season will begin April 2nd 2017!

Baseball is a magical sport. There is nothing else like it. I have played all sorts of sports but baseball is still my great love.
Absolutely am stoked! GO GIANTS! :)
"No matter where you go, there you are"
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
TheKnifeCollector

Post by TheKnifeCollector »

Go Red Sox!!!!
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:Baseball is cool Doc. I like it. What are some of your favorite teams and players if any?
I generally like the older teams: Yankees, Braves, Red Sox, and Cardinals, in that order. (weird mix, huh?)
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
bearfacedkiller

Sorry but you can't like both the Yankees and the Red Sox. I thought there was rule about that.

I root for two teams. The Red Sox and whoever is playing the Yankees. ;)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Nope no rule. I am not from that part of the country and I root for whomever I want to. I like the Sox over every team EXCEPT and Yankees and the Braves. Cards are in 4th. No other teams need apply.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
bearfacedkiller

Yeah, it was sort of a joke. There isn't much love between the fans that's for sure. I know I wouldn't walk around Boston with a Yanks hat on. I actually root for most teams and try not to be that guy. I spent many years in Denver with a Patriots hat on everyday and I got heckled quite a bit. That's just not my style. Bronco fans are actually a pretty intense fan base.

A little interesting etymology; the word fan comes from the word fanatic. It just an abbreviated form of the word yet in our culture being a fan is a good thing but being a fanatic is not. Being a fan is a sign a loyalty but being a fanatic implies excessive zeal. Basically the same word with two different connotations. With that in mind, I try not to be fanatic. I may prefer certain teams but it is the sport that I love. People seem to have lost sight of that one.
-Darby
laker_cj

Post by laker_cj »

Tigers fan until I die; but with my current location and local minor league team I'll pull for the Cubs.
My Owned :spyder: - Tasman Salt; Endura; Delica; Embassy; Tenacious; Kitchen Santoku; Yojimbo2; Pattada; SpyderPac; Para 3; Paramilitary 2; Ouroboros; Dragonfly; Squarehead; Ambitious; Ladybug; Kitchen Utility; Cricket; Rescue; Pingo; Native 5; Gayle Bradley Folder; Rubicon; Dice; Remote Release II; Manix; Moran Drop Point; Polestar; Ikuchi; Sliverax; Bow River; Szabo Folder
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

I will root for whatever team I am in the city of. In Boston, its the Sox. In KCMO, its the Royals. In SLMO its the Cards. You get the idea. But, I still have my favs if I am in a neutral area. The main thing is that I just love baseball. I love playing it. I love sitting in the bleachers on a cool summer's night watching the game. I love the sound of the crack of the bat, the smell of the dirt and grass, and seeing someone do the impossible.

Baseball is the most well rounded sport, too. It teaches kids a lot, and adults too. You have to work as a team and you have to play both offense and defense. (This is one reason the Yanks have done poorly, is that they hire all the talent, but each one is his own team. If they could focus on the team and being a team, they would be unstoppable.)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
TheKnifeCollector

Post by TheKnifeCollector »

I like 2 teams; the Red Sox, and anyone who beats the Yankees! :)
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Go Mariners! :) I hope we finally have another good season. Really looking forward to our homestead in June with the Red Sox, Yankees, and Mets!
Josh
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Fun fact: My top three favorite teams also shared the same player: Babe Ruth!

Fun Fact: The Braves are the only team to win a World Series in each of the 3 cities it was based in.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050