Earth is round and orbits the sun. FACTS.

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Liquid Cobra

Re: Earth is round and orbits the sun. FACTS.

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Honestly, these flat earth society people are laughable and I don't give them much thought.

People that claim the moon landings never happened however, really pi$$ me off. It's pure ignorance. Countless astronauts risked (and gave) their lives to accomplish this feat for the benefit of all mankind. Ignorant people claim it never happened, then go on to try and convince others with their biased misinterpreted data.

It's like telling a veteran that he didn't go to war when he or she clearly did.

It's just wrong.
Last edited by Liquid Cobra on Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Post by SuckSqueezeBangBlow »

It's not similar to that analogy at all.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

SuckSqueezeBangBlow wrote:It's not similar to that analogy at all.
How so?
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390

@liquid_cobra
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Honestly, these flat earth society people are laughable and I don't give them much thought.

People that claim the moon landings never happened however, really pi$$ me off. It's pure ignorance. Countless astronauts risked (and gave) their lives to accomplish this feat for the benefit of all mankind. Ignorant people claim it never happened, then go on to try and convince others with their biased misinterpreted data.

It's like telling a veteran that he didn't go to war when he or she clearly did.

It's just wrong.
Especially since someone bounces a laser off something left there EVERY DAY.
https://science.nasa.gov/science-news/s ... /21jul_llr
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
SuckSqueezeBangBlow wrote:It's not similar to that analogy at all.
How so?
The analogy may not be ideal, but I think the thrust of the argument is the absurdity of the notion.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

@liquid_cobra
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Image

HaHaHaHa! Why didn't I think of that?!
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Honestly, these flat earth society people are laughable and I don't give them much thought.

It's just wrong.
True, but we probably have at least a few folks here who think the earth is less than 10K years old, deny evolution, and think the entire fossil record is just one of Satan's tricks.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

The Deacon wrote:

It's just wrong.
True, but we probably have at least a few folks here who think the earth is less than 10K years old, deny evolution, and think the entire fossil record is just one of Satan's tricks.

And don't forget the ones who believe that Humans and Dinosaurs were on the earth at the same time. :rolleyes:
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Ankerson wrote:
The Deacon wrote:

It's just wrong.

And don't forget the ones who believe that Humans and Dinosaurs were on the earth at the same time. :rolleyes:
Hey, don't tell me Raquel Welch in a fur bikini being chased by a T-rex wasn't a documentary!

You guys suck :D
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

I know that one was reel cos I done saw it wen it fust came out.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

Take a tour of the known universe mapped to scale.
13 billion light years out and back in six minutes.
https://youtu.be/17jymDn0W6U
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

A question about the fluoride issue and a question for you about the microwave issue:

1 Fluoride: I can see what you mean about the hyper thyroid, but, I have heard advocates for fluoride in water claim there is evidence that shows fluoride in water prohibits a lot of tooth decay in people young and old. Is this a false claim or is there truth to it?

2 Microwaves: Various people over the years have told me "Microwaves create free radical molecules in your foods and drinks and when you microwave heat them you are creating toxic molecules that aggressively bond to and break down your healthy tissues inside your body." Is this hype and nonsense or can there be any thing to it? What would be the difference between that and say using a toaster oven or regular oven?
SuckSqueezeBangBlow

I'm no expert.
Fluoride might help tooth decay but it is also a neuro toxin.
Countries without fluoride also have seen a drop in tooth decay with improved hygiene and education.
Wifey's doctor said to RO filter the water, so we will drink the RO filtered water. Easy enough to do so worth a shot, she has also cut out gluten and dairy but these things take months before seeing any benefit
SuckSqueezeBangBlow

The Deacon wrote: True, but we probably have at least a few folks here who think the earth is less than 10K years old, deny evolution, and think the entire fossil record is just one of Satan's tricks.
Evolution is still a theory, it's never been proven because there is no fossil record of it happening.

The earth being young makes more sense to me than an earth which is billions of years old.
rony albert

Post by rony albert »

SuckSqueezeBangBlow wrote:
The Deacon wrote: True, but we probably have at least a few folks here who think the earth is less than 10K years old, deny evolution, and think the entire fossil record is just one of Satan's tricks.
Evolution is still a theory, it's never been proven because there is no fossil record of it happening.

The earth being young makes more sense to me than an earth which is billions of years old.
I agree with you because it is debatable topic and has many things yet to be approved!

HematomaDiseases
Last edited by rony albert on Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

SuckSqueezeBangBlow wrote:
That's a fallacy promoted by proponents of the alternate reality known as "Creation Science". Evolution is a fact. Every legitimate scientist will tell you that. The only thing that's theoretical is the exact mechanism driving it. Darwin's theory was not that evolution exist, it was that natural selection drives evolution.
SuckSqueezeBangBlow wrote:The earth being young makes more sense to me than an earth which is billions of years old.
What can I say, other than enjoy your fairy tales.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:A question about the fluoride issue and a question for you about the microwave issue:

1 Fluoride: I can see what you mean about the hyper thyroid, but, I have heard advocates for fluoride in water claim there is evidence that shows fluoride in water prohibits a lot of tooth decay in people young and old. Is this a false claim or is there truth to it?

The overwhelming scientific evidence* is that fluoridiation is a very good thing and quoted as one of the 10 greatest achievements in world health of the 20th Century
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_fluoridation

As to it being a 'neurotoxin'- that's a stretch- not in the dosages that anyone would experience outside of the lab or a water treatment plant....Never forget: Anything we consume is toxic in large enough quantities- even pure water.

*That's evidence from peer-reviewed sources using statistically verifiable data, not fruit-loop demagogues and charlatans like David Wolfe and the nutjob on Infowars who screams about flouride turning the frogs gay

2 Microwaves: Various people over the years have told me "Microwaves create free radical molecules in your foods and drinks and when you microwave heat them you are creating toxic molecules that aggressively bond to and break down your healthy tissues inside your body." Is this hype and nonsense or can there be any thing to it? What would be the difference between that and say using a toaster oven or regular oven?

Sigh. This is a classic 'a little knowledge is dangerous' type of explanation:
All types of heating form some free-radicals (that's molecules with a lone pair of electrons which aggressively bond with other molecules to get stable again). To change the soft, wet, protein of a chicken breast into a stiffer cooked meat of a chicken nugget, you need to 'damage' the proteins with heat to a point where they break down into something we're happy eating- that 'damage' you do with heat....

In fact, it's demonstrable that conventional cooking to a point where things are charred or blackened has more free-radicals than microwaving, since it's next to impossible to char something in a microwave. Your body relies on the chemistry of free radicals to do a number of processes- the exchange of CO2 for O2 in your lungs being one that springs to mind....The idea that not eating microwaved food means you have no 'free-radicals' in you, or your diet, is simply not understanding the fundamentals of cooking (or indeed basic chemistry)

Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:A question about the fluoride issue and a question for you about the microwave issue:

SEF,

1. Fluoride has saved so many people's lives and their dental health that this is really not an issue. As long as the amount of fluoride is kept within limits it is not toxic and is worth the overall slight risk because of the indisputable benefits.

2. Microwave: Here is what I said above on page 2: "Actually, I think there is something more dangerous. It is the microwaves. You know, we put something in there and 'nuke' it. The food becomes radio active and as we all know, radio activity is deadly. So, we need to get rid of all microwave ovens. :p"
Obviously, I was making fun of that sort of illogical and non-scientific thinking.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
SuckSqueezeBangBlow

demoncase wrote:
As to it being a 'neurotoxin'- that's a stretch- not in the dosages that anyone would experience outside of the lab or a water treatment plant....Never forget: Anything we consume is toxic in large enough quantities- even pure water.

http://thelancet.com/journals/laneur/ar ... 3/fulltext