Earth is round and orbits the sun. FACTS.

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Bloke

Re: Earth is round and orbits the sun. FACTS.

Post by Bloke »

I'm not sure about round, but where I live you can see the sun every day except for when it's cloudy or at night. :rolleyes:

We also have lots of flat and my mate Ronnie has a flat top hair cut and runs in the City to Surf. :cool:

There are also some hills so I don't think the world is dead flat. :)
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

NOT THE EATER OF SOCKS!!! :eek:
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Maybe, however, it is a plant that eats socks. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/L ... DirtySocks
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Echo63

Post by Echo63 »

The Deacon wrote:It's turtles, all the way down.
Great A'Tuin (of the species Chelys Galactica)
z4vdBt wrote:...below the elephants.
named Berilia, Tubul, Great T'Phon, and Jerakeen.

I love this forum, and that there are some Pratchett fans here....
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Yet still not worse than the anti-vaccinations crowd....
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Spydergirl88 wrote:Yet still not worse than the anti-vaccinations crowd....
Quite...... I'm still at a loss why Jenny McCarthy (Known for getting her baps out) and Jim Carrey (Known for pulling funny faces) are somehow worth listening to on this subject compared to a slew of professors, doctors, scientists, peer-reviewed data etc etc
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
SG89

Post by SG89 »

And decades of children walking around polio-free. I think the anti vaccinations crowd should all move to 3rd world countries and actually witness what a true vaccinations-free society looks like... It ain't pretty!
Spydergirl88
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

And then as we learned from Dr. Strangelove, they put fluoride in the water.

General Ripper: Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous Communist plot we have ever had to face?
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

And don't even get me started on chem trails....
Spydergirl88
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Spydergirl88 wrote:And decades of children walking around polio-free. I think the anti vaccinations crowd should all move to 3rd world countries and actually witness what a true vaccinations-free society looks like... It ain't pretty!
Having spent the last three years working for periods in the Philippines and India, You are very much preaching to the choir :)
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Yes on this anti vaccination thing, I am very disgusted at this concept. As a man who cares about people and who loves science, I am disgusted at people who think vaccinations are some horrible conspiracy or cause autism or whatever. Think about all the millions of lives that have been saved through proper vaccinations. Polio, mumps, measles, etc. And because of anti vaccination parents and others, I have read that some of these diseases have seen a return and people have died and been debilitated by them. I got into a heated discussion on the internet with a woman who is anti vaccination and she is convinced vaccinations kill and destroy but I told her "What about all the millions of lives saved?" and she told me "Why should people be afraid of unvaccinated children if they vaccinate their own children?" That is a ridiculous statement because there are children who have not yet been vaccinated such as new born babies or other children and they need to be vaccinated, plus, their own kids can die from these diseases. I understand that we need better developments in medicine and medical/health care technology, but anti biotics and vaccinations are some of the most important scientific developments ever, along with cements, metals, and electricity and chemistry.
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

True that, but one has to admit that there is something unsettling about mandatory vaccinations.

Anyway, if it is so critical to have everyone vaccinated, what of all the immigrants,
legal and illegal, entering the country. Should they be quarantined, vaccinated?

Diseases that had been virtually eradicated here in the U.S. are coming back.
We once examined and quarantined people on Ellis Island.

Do I need my tinfoil hat adjusted?
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
OakTree

Post by OakTree »

Doc Dan wrote:This is where socks go when they disappear from the dryer.
It has already been scientifically shown that socks disappear from the dryer and reappear in the kitchen as lids without containers.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

In Texas, a good chunk of immigrant children specifically are on Children's Medicaid or CHIP. Vaccinations are mandatory as part of this health care program. This helps vaccinate people that otherwise would not get vaccinated. Texas is very pro-vaccine in that regard bc of the large immigrant population.
Spydergirl88
SG89

Post by SG89 »

OakTree wrote:
Doc Dan wrote:This is where socks go when they disappear from the dryer.
It has already been scientifically shown that socks disappear from the dryer and reappear in the kitchen as lids without containers.
That is so true
Spydergirl88
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Mad Mac wrote:True that, but one has to admit that there is something unsettling about mandatory vaccinations.

Anyway, if it is so critical to have everyone vaccinated, what of all the immigrants,
legal and illegal, entering the country. Should they be quarantined, vaccinated?

Diseases that had been virtually eradicated here in the U.S. are coming back.
We once examined and quarantined people on Ellis Island.

Do I need my tinfoil hat adjusted?

I got TB 13 years ago from a Russian who was over here on a work permit. So, I kinda wouldn't mind if there was some kind of checks and balances for these sorts of things.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Question for you all on the vaccination topic: What are some good points I can bring up in a discussion with an anti vaccination parent on the internet who is convinced vaccines = bad? Or basically, I probably won't be able to convince them, they have to find this info out for themselves?
SG89

Post by SG89 »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:Question for you all on the vaccination topic: What are some good points I can bring up in a discussion with an anti vaccination parent on the internet who is convinced vaccines = bad? Or basically, I probably won't be able to convince them, they have to find this info out for themselves?
Show them pictures of people with diseases that could've been prevented with vaccinations
Spydergirl88
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Logic does not work. For example, someone will say the measles vaccine causes the disease because the virus is present in the vaccine. That is true. But what they need to show is that the virus is present in a form that causes the disease. In this case, the virus is present in a form that cannot cause the disease as it is dead or disabled. That rattles their eyes around.

Actually, I think there is something more dangerous. It is the microwaves. You know, we put something in there and 'nuke' it. The food becomes radio active and as we all know, radio activity is deadly. So, we need to get rid of all microwave ovens. :p
Last edited by Doc Dan on Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Post by SuckSqueezeBangBlow »

I just bought a Reverse Osmosis water filter to remove fluoride.

My wife has hypothyroidism.

Fluoride used to be given to women with over active thyroids so the doctor suggested we remove fluoride where possible