Kershaw Emerson CQC-6K.....uh oh...

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Leadsled

Kershaw Emerson CQC-6K.....uh oh...

Post by Leadsled »

I purchased this knife from MD on a whim.
I may be hooked. Can't believe I never tried a wave opening knife before. Maybe because I was skeptical how well it would work with a back lock. Most of the offerings from Spyderco seem to be back locks. I even did the zip tie mod on my PM2. There has to be a better option. Not willing to put a dremel to my blades...yet.
To me, the quality of fit and finish is top notch. It is emblazoned with Emerson markings and if it wasn't for the Kershaw on one side of the blade, to my untrained eye I would think it was an Emerson made knife.
I know there are some who think that an unfinished bar of Super Blue is better than any finished knife made of anything less.
I love the lack of weight of my Manix 2 LW, but also like the heft of this one. Also, this is the first quality framelock knife I have owned. The others were painful to close.
Now I am desiring things I have never desired before.
Still trying to get that same happiness and excitement I felt when I received my first Boy Scout knife.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.
laylow

Re: Kershaw Emerson CQC-6K.....uh oh...

Post by laylow »

I had one, but it was murder on my pockets, so I took a dremel tool to the wave.
Leadsled

Post by Leadsled »

I have learned to pull it straight up if I don't want to hook the wave. But what fun is that?

Isn't there one that has a flat face instead of a hook?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.
ASmitty

Post by ASmitty »

I bought my brother-in-law a Kershaw CQC-7K (tanto version of the 6K) last Christmas. I haven't bought one for myself yet, but I was very impressed by the quality that Kershaw is putting into the Emerson collabs. I've been considering getting myself either the 6K or the 4KXl ever since.
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Consider yourself lucky that you picked a Kershaw Emerson! The ..Emerson Emersons i have come across were loathsome build quality-wise :)
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
ArmaliteKnight

Post by ArmaliteKnight »

Larry_Mott wrote:Consider yourself lucky that you picked a Kershaw Emerson! The ..Emerson Emersons i have come across were loathsome build quality-wise :)
I have to agree with Larry, guys. I try and keep my mouth shut about other companies but man I had an Emerson CQC-13 Bowie that was a $200+ dollar knife and the whole thing was just...poor quality for a USA made $200+ knife. Lock bar would over-travel, finish would just rub off...
I like the way they look but it really ruined a lot for me when it comes to liner locks.

I love the wave feature though. I keep a waved Delica 4 in my back right pocket at work. It seems to work really well for me in this pocket if I turn the knife slightly so it can catch the pocket lip. I don't know if I can stay away from a lock back waved knife.

As for your Kershaw Emerson collab, I have had several past co-workers buy them and love them and have more success with them than an original "Emerson Emerson".
Spydies I own:
Domino Blue CF
K2 Farid Mehr Bowie
Delica 4 FRN w/Emerson wave
PM2 in digicam
Spyderfly balisong
Harpy SS
Matriarch2 FRN w/Emerson wave
GOD BLESS JOHN NOVESKE R.I.P