buck 303

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
valenciamanu

buck 303

Post by valenciamanu »

Is it just mine or are all the same?
Very poorly polished polished.
Loose springs.
Very badly sharpened.

I apologize in advance if not well understood.
I use translator.
a greeting

Last edited by valenciamanu on Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JD Spydo

Re: buck 301

Post by JD Spydo »

Actually I've always had a lot of respect for BUCK knives. I actually cut my knife using teeth on several of BUCK's great knives over the years. Well it's more than obvious I'm now a very devout Spyder-head :cool: and there aren't a lot of knives that I own and use that don't have Spyderco's logo on them.

If you're having issues with that old Buck folder I would encourage you to try and send it back to Buck's factory up in Idaho, USA. Over the years I've had very decent luck dealing with the BUCK Knife company.
valenciamanu

Post by valenciamanu »

Thank you very much but it is not viable.
I live outside the US and postage would be as expensive as the knife.
Also here it is very problematic to send knives outside Spain.
a greeting
elqfaltaba

Post by elqfaltaba »

I have seen this knife today really is far from what you and I were expecting it, the finishes are very poor, sharpening is irregular and asymmetrical, even some areas that do not correspond to the edge are touched by the sanding belt. On the other hand polishing the wood no good finish, a disappointment truth this little American Classic.

I hope Buck brand that I have several knives adequately respond to this quality problem.

A greeting.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

All my Bucks are older but if that's the kind of quality Buck is putting out today then I'm not interested.

Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
valenciamanu

Post by valenciamanu »

Sharp Guy wrote:All my Bucks are older but if that's the kind of quality Buck is putting out today then I'm not interested.

I guess few people interested.
a greeting
valenciamanu

Post by valenciamanu »

Sharp Guy wrote:All my Bucks are older but if that's the kind of quality Buck is putting out today then I'm not interested.

I guess few people interested.
a greeting
valenciamanu

Post by valenciamanu »

elqfaltaba wrote:I have seen this knife today really is far from what you and I were expecting it, the finishes are very poor, sharpening is irregular and asymmetrical, even some areas that do not correspond to the edge are touched by the sanding belt. On the other hand polishing the wood no good finish, a disappointment truth this little American Classic.

I hope Buck brand that I have several knives adequately respond to this quality problem.

A greeting.
All great disappointment
I think I can say it is the worst finished knife from my collection of about 150.
a greeting
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: buck 303

Post by Doc Dan »

You posted this over on Blade Forums in the Buck sub-forum, as well. I hope you find a solution. Usually, Buck quality is better for the price than most other companies. I own lots of them and none have any issues I would get upset about, especially considering the price point. Your knife sells new for around $35 USD, so it is not an expensive knife by any measure.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
valenciamanu

Post by valenciamanu »

Doc Dan wrote:You posted this over on Blade Forums in the Buck sub-forum, as well. I hope you find a solution. Usually, Buck quality is better for the price than most other companies. I own lots of them and none have any issues I would get upset about, especially considering the price point. Your knife sells new for around $35 USD, so it is not an expensive knife by any measure.
I really appreciate your palabras.La solution is relatively easy to mi.seria return the knife to the store with tranport costs gratis.Pero is a solution that makes me very sad that this knife can be put back when he should never leave the factory. It is true that we publish in bladeforum.Me a colleague recommended him for a forum with specific subforo of the brand .I was a little reluctant because in that forum had never participated and I was violent discharge me to publish it but eventually I convinced. Of course any questions you have a Spanish knife can ask me and I'll try to fix it. a greeting
awa54

Post by awa54 »

Do you know if your knife is made in USA or China? Either way the sloppy sharpening geometry is very disappointing.
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
valenciamanu

Post by valenciamanu »

the kinfe is the American manufacture. If Chinese-made I would not have bought. I do not usually interested in models that were made in another country and are now made in china.I suffered a similar delocalization in a job and is very unpleasant. a greeting
valenciamanu

Post by valenciamanu »

Much to my chagrin from today begin to manage returning the knife to tienda.Solucion I do not like anything for returns to be sold. To no response from the manufacturer in a week to mail sent to department grantia, Several days an open subforo moderate manufacturer by a worker from another forum thread and before the valuation sent twice the product on ITS website and I have not posted no more option left . Cambiare knife by a product of one of the other manufacturers That store With That I have good experiences if (surely Spyderco). So the edge legendary half will be returned. That if I'll take some photos and a copy of the bill if any partner of Spain ASKs me for the Buck quality. Greetings to all.
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

I bought a Buck 303 many years ago as a teenager. Heck, I still have it. Wasn't impressed one bit with the quality.
valenciamanu

Post by valenciamanu »

Monocrom wrote:I bought a Buck 303 many years ago as a teenager. Heck, I still have it. Wasn't impressed one bit with the quality.
thanks for comment. a greeting
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

That's about the norm for all the newer US made Buck slipjoints I've owned and handled. Anecdotally, I've heard the Chinese manufactured knives tend to have better F&F as well as walk and talk. I have a feeling newer machinery may have a hand in that.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
valenciamanu

Post by valenciamanu »

I saw buck knives Chinese and Rstan very well made, even better than expected americanos.No like a knife but if aceptable.A my buck knives Chinese intereested not me