Contest

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
The Deacon

Re: Contest

Post by The Deacon »

JT wrote:Congrats Travvy, and thanks again Deacon for the opportunity.

Now, Deacon if I may, why Merc, and what model? Just curious thats all, no worries if you don't want to tell.
The Benz is a 2010 GLK350 2WD that I bought used 3 years back. Had just over 20K miles on the clock when I got it and just hit the 26K mark the other day, which shows how little I drive these days.
As for the "why", I was in the market for a vehicle and it just ticked all the right boxes for me.

I wanted a wagon, for those rare occasions when I need extra cargo space. Wanted 2WD, couldn't see wasting money for the extra complexity of 4WD. I don't go off road and I live in a place where it only snows perhaps twice in a winter and then only an inch or two that's never around more than a couple days. I prefer RWD to FWD it's what I grew up on and, once again, it's less complex. I'd decided I wanted something "previously owned", but with fairly low mileage. More car for less money that way, and, given the amount of driving I do these days, buying new was making less and less sense. Wanted something "not too big, not too small" with a sun roof and a decent size engine, and it absolutely had to be "smoke free". Owned a Mercedes 220S once, years ago, and still think it was the best car I ever owned.

Oh, and for the benefit of anyone who didn't get the joke,
https://youtu.be/Qev-i9-VKlY
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

Congrats to Travvy & thanks Paul!

Finally got the joke ;)

This forum and the folks are way :cool:
Chris :spyder:
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

Found this in the mailbox

New best buds

Again Paul, thank you so much!!
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Kudos Paul and Travis!!! NICE!!! John
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

:D
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Very nice Travis and Paul what a very generous gesture on your part, you truly are a pillar of the Spyderco community. :) :spyder:
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
JT

Post by JT »

Nice ride Deacon, I hope it wasn't inappropriate to ask, I was genuinely interested, and even more since i got the porsche joke :D
The Cult Of The Curved Ones-C.O.T.C.O.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Congratulations again, Travis and kudos to you, Paul. ;) Very cool!
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

i am travvy wrote:Found this in the mailbox.

Again Paul, thank you so much!!
Glad it arrived safely and that you're enjoying it. :)
JT wrote:Nice ride Deacon, I hope it wasn't inappropriate to ask, I was genuinely interested, and even more since i got the porsche joke :D
No problem, JT. I'd just note that, unlike Janis, my friends (or at least quite a few of my neighbors) drive BMW X3's and X5's. Am guessing most who do either work at the BMW plant a few miles from here where they're made or have family that works there.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
remnar

Post by remnar »

Awesome contest! Congrats Travvy!