Ignore feature?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
tvenuto

Re: Ignore feature?

Post by tvenuto »

I just view it as a chance to brush up on my poke-fun-at-you-gif depth of knowledge.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Doc Dan wrote:I zapped that guy a couple of months ago. I am not certain why you all have been so patient when it has been obvious what he is up to. Didn't someone say he has been kicked off of another forum for his abuse?
I finally had to hit the "Foe" setting. Couldn't take it anymore!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I just don't let people get to me. I am about as easy going as it gets. He seems to have toned it down on this forum compared to the last one and since it is almost impossible to get banned from this forum he is here to stay, or at least until he gets bored with this. Until then I will continue to use it as an exercise in tolerance. Something everybody could probably use a little bit of.

One look at this thread and it should be quite apparent that he will self destruct at some point.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showt ... ikael+leek
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I'm typically very easy going and patient too. I moderate on another forum and have dealt with all kinds of people. This is the first time I've chosen to use the ignore feature. The reason I finally did it is because I'm too tempted to lower myself to his level and rebut his comments. I know I'm better than that so I figure it's best for me to not read his comments.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

I still wish the forum will show who's original poster who started a thread on my mobile browser (opera mini) so that I can avoid thread he started. :(

Will ignore button work in this case, i.e. I won't even see the thread?
Chris :spyder:
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

I put this guy on ignore the second I saw him post here, takin' the high road myself, I'm sure he will get bored soon enough and move on to another forum that feeds his desires. :spyder:
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I've been paid to babysit various personality types in the past and I refuse to do that here or anyplace else for free. :) The ones here for attention ( bad or good) are best serviced with no attention at all. Even knowing that it's difficult to not get down in the mud with them when I am tired or not feeling all that well so I try to stay away when that kind of mood strikes. The last thing I want to do is cause trouble here for people I do respect.

Joe
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

The Mastiff wrote:I've been paid to babysit various personality types in the past and I refuse to do that here or anyplace else for free. :) The ones here for attention ( bad or good) are best serviced with no attention at all. Even knowing that it's difficult to not get down in the mud with them when I am tired or not feeling all that well so I try to stay away when that kind of mood strikes. The last thing I want to do is cause trouble here for people I do respect.

Joe
+1 I agree, Joe. I sometimes have to bite my tongue lest I say something regrettable. Besides that, I've put my size 13 foot in my mouth more times than I care to admit. :o
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Sharp Guy wrote:I finally had to hit the "Foe" setting. Couldn't take it anymore!
Agreed. Even the opportunity to post backhanded gifs wasn't enough to suffer him further.
anagarika wrote:I still wish the forum will show who's original poster who started a thread on my mobile browser (opera mini) so that I can avoid thread he started. :(

Will ignore button work in this case, i.e. I won't even see the thread?
I do think that if you add him as a foe you won't see threads he starts, unless you post in them.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

tvenuto wrote:I do think that if you add him as a foe you won't see threads he starts, unless you post in them.
Sadly, you will still see the thread, just not his posts. Worst yet, if someone quotes him, you'll see whatever has been quoted. :( System's not perfect, but it's better than nothing.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

II just get sick of seeing those idiotic thread titles getting bumped to the top over and over. If the ignore feature removed any trace of someone then I'd use it.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

The Deacon wrote:
tvenuto wrote:I do think that if you add him as a foe you won't see threads he starts, unless you post in them.
Sadly, you will still see the thread, just not his posts. Worst yet, if someone quotes him, you'll see whatever has been quoted. :( System's not perfect, but it's better than nothing.
Yeah. Thread still seen. :(
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Greetings all,
I just stumbled on this and I'm very glad I did. First and foremost I'd like to sincerely apologise to everyone for my antics, particularly the "Sharpmaker rods should be shortened" I chose for a title. I thought it may be funny. :o I really don't know what else to say other than I don't know the kook and will happily ignore him. I actually posted to that affect earlier today. I genuinely enjoy the company here and would oviously like to stay, but only if I'm welcome.

I'm certainly not a troll and would hate to be branded as such by unwitting association.

Sincerely
Alex.
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

Hi Alex,

IMHO,
Being funny (many of us attempted some humor) and being contradictory and offending (the person I have in mind and wish never opened his thread, which is not you ;) ) are two different things.

:cool:
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Thanks for answering Chris,

It's reassuring and I greatly appreciate it. :)
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Bloke wrote:Greetings all,
I just stumbled on this and I'm very glad I did. First and foremost I'd like to sincerely apologise to everyone for my antics, particularly the "Sharpmaker rods should be shortened" I chose for a title. I thought it may be funny. :o I really don't know what else to say other than I don't know the kook and will happily ignore him. I actually posted to that affect earlier today. I genuinely enjoy the company here and would oviously like to stay, but only if I'm welcome.

I'm certainly not a troll and would hate to be branded as such by unwitting association.

Sincerely
Alex.
Not to worry Alex, they aren't talking about you, you seen to be a nice enough "bloke" and a sense of humor is welcome around here. :)
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Many thanks farnorthdan! :)
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Bloke wrote:Greetings all,

Sincerely
Alex.
Lol. Not you, mate!
Chris.
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Thanks, Chris! :)
JT

Post by JT »

This is still going on?? wth....

The question is, WHY oh why the mods or admins don't ban this ****at allready? For what I remember, at least one dude was banned earlier, no, make that two. One was some "steel expert" from russia or something, and other was just annoyance otherwise. oh, and there was a third person, some "lady" that got kicked out after a 5 posts? You remember that lady I guess.

The internet world has millions of forums, and nobody gives a duck if someone gets banned, because usually they deserve it. And this forum has some of the best members ad mods. No bullying etc is allowed.

Member being an total as***ole and being rude etc, that's clear. But if a member posts s*it that looks like legit ideas and comments at first, but if the "pattern reveals" after a while, there's a difference, i know. Still, no need to be too polite. Ban and move on, no harm done to the forum or company image, I'd say. Whats going on here?

Just my humble opinion, but I just can't understand why not ban this person allready? sorry for the rant, but as long as this goes on, I don't even like to come here to visit so much anymore. Trying to read all threads and enjoy the discussion becomes difficult when a troll messes up everything.

And yes, he is a troll. nothing more. Once again: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll
The Cult Of The Curved Ones-C.O.T.C.O.