Ignore feature?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
chuck_roxas45

Re: Ignore feature?

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Evil D wrote:
chuck_roxas45 wrote:
Evil D wrote:Yeah, I got a little carried away with it. I'm done with that clown.
Haha, you got drawn in again. I actually was typing something then decided that it wasn't worth the aggravation. :D

Man it's like a tornado of stupid I get sucked in every time.
LMFAO!!
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Seriously if you add someone to your ignore list the threads they start should be blocked as well.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Spydergirl88 wrote:Seriously if you add someone to your ignore list the threads they start should be blocked as well.
Yes they should! Is there anyway we can do this Kristi?
Josh
paladin

Post by paladin »

Granny said, "Never wrestle a pig-- you both get covered in s**t and the pig loves it."

Having said that, there's been a couple losers posing as members that have ruined my day on a couple occasions.

Luckily, they're gone. But then again, that's what you think about cold sores, too.
What is truth? Pontius Pilate
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

paladin wrote:Granny said, "Never wrestle a pig-- you both get covered in s**t and the pig loves it."

Having said that, there's been a couple losers posing as members that have ruined my day on a couple occasions.

Luckily, they're gone. But then again, that's what you think about cold sores, too.

I'm more like a fungus... ;)
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I am gonna sound a little high and mighty here but I am thankful that I have an ignore feature built into myself and I am even more thankful that I rarely need it. I have never needed to use the ignore feature on a forum before. I can pass by people who have little to offer without getting worked up. Sure, I again engaged the person in question when they came back but I did so in a patient and tolerant manner. If anything I appreciate when people give me the opportunity to exercise my patience and tolerance. When you practice exercising character traits they get stronger. Will power, tolerance, compassion and generosity are all things that you can condition yourself to be better at or condition yourself to do naturally or instinctively. The same can be said for negative character traits. When someone says something that does get under my skin I just take a few deep breathes and move on. Water off a duck back, ya know? It is just an online forum. People will act like asses and people will say inflammatory things and people will flat out say things that aren't true. It is what it is and at some point you just gotta let people be wrong and turn the other way. In the end you just gotta take the high road and not get dragged down to someone else's level. If the forums ignore feature helps you do that then great.

Sorry, I am off the soapbox and I promise I will put it away for a while. :o
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Spydergirl88 wrote:Seriously if you add someone to your ignore list the threads they start should be blocked as well.
+1
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

bearfacedkiller wrote:I am gonna sound a little high and mighty here but I am thankful that I have an ignore feature built into myself and I am even more thankful that I rarely need it. I have never needed to use the ignore feature on a forum before. I can pass by people who have little to offer without getting worked up. Sure, I again engaged the person in question when they came back but I did so in a patient and tolerant manner. If anything I appreciate when people give me the opportunity to exercise my patience and tolerance. When you practice exercising character traits they get stronger. Will power, tolerance, compassion and generosity are all things that you can condition yourself to be better at or condition yourself to do naturally or instinctively. The same can be said for negative character traits. When someone says something that does get under my skin I just take a few deep breathes and move on. Water off a duck back, ya know? It is just an online forum. People will act like asses and people will say inflammatory things and people will flat out say things that aren't true. It is what it is and at some point you just gotta let people be wrong and turn the other way. In the end you just gotta take the high road and not get dragged down to someone else's level. If the forums ignore feature helps you do that then great.

Sorry, I am off the soapbox and I promise I will put it away for a while. :o
I'm choosing to ignore that :D

Kidding- it's good advice and I apply it.....Like I said there is one, single, troll-like person on my ignore list here. One.

Only after opening the forum one afternoon to find a wall of threads asking for the same thing on half a dozen different knives- each descending into an obvious trolling- did I stoop to use the electronic means as well as the self-management means ;)
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
bearfacedkiller

Ignore away. I am sure I have been ignored more than a few times on my way to 5000 posts. :D
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I wish I could block entire threads. Sure it's easy enough to just not click them but I'm actually tired of seeing a few thread titles.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
paladin

Post by paladin »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:
paladin wrote:Granny said, "Never wrestle a pig-- you both get covered in s**t and the pig loves it."

Wasn't referring to you brother... :)
What is truth? Pontius Pilate
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

paladin wrote:
chuck_roxas45 wrote:

Wasn't referring to you brother... :)
Yep, I didn't get that at all. I was just trying be "self deprecating". :D
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

murphjd25 wrote:
Yes they should! Is there anyway we can do this Kristi?
This ^. So I can be sure some strange thread I saw is not posted by that person.
Chris :spyder:
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Thank god for this, just had to use it again. I can't deal with some trolls.
Josh
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Omg we all get it. You think spyderco cooks tough steaks...
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
bearfacedkiller

Some people like their steak well done, you can't please everybody...
-Darby
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Attention seeking behaviour transparently masquerading as being interested in 'customer rights' and 'improving the brand'?

Start post 3 or 4 times with "I'm not involved/interested/going to say anything else" part of a WALL of spurious text demonstrating inability to keep own word?

Deciding they know better because their opinion is the only one that matters and when it's not pandered to immediately decide to continue posting even more verbosity?

Salt post liberally with condescension?

Yeah- that's 2 on my list. :(
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

bearfacedkiller

demoncase wrote:
Yeah- that's 2 on my list. :(

So I am not alone anymore? :o :p Ha!!!!
-Darby
Nate

Post by Nate »

Man, I try to just skip the drama these days. For a while I mostly succeeded, but lately it seems you can't turn around on youtube or the forums without running into one insufferable bloviating grandstander or another... Weak. :(

That's not even to say they're aren't valid points being made, but to be repeatedly beaten over the head with them as if theirs is the only opinion that matters is nauseating.

(*And yes, as someone who's been supportive of "you know who," I can see the irony some people might have reading this post lol.)
:spyder:
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Nate wrote:Man, I try to just skip the drama these days. For a while I mostly succeeded, but lately it seems you can't turn around on youtube or the forums without running into one insufferable bloviating grandstander or another... Weak. :(

That's not even to say they're aren't valid points being made, but to be repeatedly beaten over the head with them as if theirs is the only opinion that matters is nauseating.

(*And yes, as someone who's been supportive of "you know who," I can see the irony some people might have reading this post lol.)
What's Voldemort got to do with it? :D