Suggestions for new EDC items?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JAfromMN

Re: Suggestions for new EDC items?

Post by JAfromMN »

A one piece tool maybe.

I enjoy using mine.

Atwood, leathetman, TT PocketTools , pocketwrench 2, Gerber schard, many many more makers.

I always carry one to back up my leatherman tool . i can't really work on much with just a multitool, I try always back mine up with a good multifunction one piece tool.

Its Saved a lot of trip's to the tool box.
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

Spyderco could make me a happy boy if they would come out with one.

Hint hint

I'm sure I could get one designed for them to mill out .

That bug has a lot of potential for the base of a very cool looking yet functional tool.

Hint
EDC Honeybee

Post by EDC Honeybee »

JAfromMN wrote:A one piece tool maybe.

I enjoy using mine.

Atwood, leathetman, TT PocketTools , pocketwrench 2, Gerber schard, many many more makers.

I always carry one to back up my leatherman tool . i can't really work on much with just a multitool, I try always back mine up with a good multifunction one piece tool.

Its Saved a lot of trip's to the tool box.
One piece tools look really neat, but I question the utility in my day-to-day. My leatherman has all the tools I ever seem to use. Only things I go to the toolbox for usually is a hammer or a screwdriver (to be more comfortable when doing longer jobs). The prytool, cap-lifter, screwdriver, and hex wrenches are usually just fine from my PS4 or not needed for me. The one thing I notice I am missing most is a torx wrench for tinkering/adjusting knives away from home. I might rig up a way to carry it with the rest of the gear.

I really like my two skagen watches, but the timex feels a little cheap.These are the skagens I have. Didnt buy them from these sites, but they were the quickest links I could find.
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/skagen-gren ... aQodZnIExA
http://www.jomashop.com/skagen-mens-wat ... aQod6RQNNw

I'm mostly looking for a watch with warm tones now. I am much more ignorant when it comes to watches than knives.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G00ALBM/re ... PW9X1KGE1W
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GN3LI3Q/re ... 1UD3O8F0MQ
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

If your state is not draconian, I highly recommend a sap or blackjack from D3 Protection. Evil D, look at their Knocked Senseless coin purse that can be used as a finger sap when loaded with coins.
D3protection.com

And tell David that Jeremy from Alabama sent you
EDC Honeybee

Post by EDC Honeybee »

twinboysdad wrote:If your state is not draconian, I highly recommend a sap or blackjack from D3 Protection. Evil D, look at their Knocked Senseless coin purse that can be used as a finger sap when loaded with coins.
D3protection.com

And tell David that Jeremy from Alabama sent you
Those look nice, but would not really fit in with any of my daily/weekly/monthly/yearly needs.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I like my Maratac copper aaa. I have two copper and one anodized aluminum. I like that they are M-L-H.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
EDC Honeybee

Post by EDC Honeybee »

bearfacedkiller wrote:I like my Maratac copper aaa. I have two copper and one anodized aluminum. I like that they are M-L-H.
The order of modes is one thing I dont like about my thrunite ti3. The Low (firefly) mode is not enough to really light up anything short of reading maps. So I have to twist twice to get any "normal" use out of it. plus, the threads dont feel that great when twisting. Hoping the copper feels smoother.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I have two copper aaa and one copper aa. They had very smooth threads and got smoother with use. I have the copper peanut lighter too. Plus a copper zippo. ;) I do not like the pocket clip on them. I kept the clip on it backwards like in the second pic so I could clip it to my hat like a head lamp and one day taking it off my hat it went flying into the woods and was gone. The key ring is very secure though. I also carry a pair of their tweezers. I don't need them often but am very glad I have them when I need them and they are no bigger than another key on your ring.

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Shirt pocket carry:

Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
dplafoll

Post by dplafoll »

I honestly haven't really read this thread, so sorry for any redundant suggestion.

I wear a Seiko 5 SNK809, and it's fantastic. I also bought it for around $55 shipped on Amazon. I can totally recommend any Seiko 5, and for strap upgrades I recommend Crown&Buckle.
Patrick LaFollette
Current: Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189, Chaparral 1, Techno 1, Delica 4 HAP-40, Dragonfly 2 HAP-40, Mantra 1, Ladybug Salt Hawkbill, Nirvana CPM, Endura 4 HAP-40, Sage 4, Para Military 2 CPM Cru-Wear, Sage 5, Caly3 HAP40, Sliverax, Lil' Nilakka, Chaparral Raffir Noble, Zulu, Manbug HAP40, Meerkat HAP40, Sage 1/Sage 2/Sage 3 CF, Introvert, Techno 2
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

Another dull suggestion but something I tend to use a lot is a USB flash drive. I occasionally need to bring files back and forth between work and home, and even sometimes use it to transfer files around the office.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

EDC Honeybee wrote: The order of modes is one thing I dont like about my thrunite ti3. The Low (firefly) mode is not enough to really light up anything short of reading maps. So I have to twist twice to get any "normal" use out of it.
That's how I ended up buying only single mode flashlights. Cycling through modes destroyed the convenience of having a dedicated light vs just using my phone's flash. I loved the orginal Thrunite Ti with a single twist to pass by a firefly mode into the high mode. It resulted in something that had the single mode convenience I like, but still had sometimes-useful firefly mode. I bought a dozen of them, gave all but one away, then lost mine.
Last edited by abbazaba on Mon May 02, 2016 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

double tap
Last edited by abbazaba on Mon May 02, 2016 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

triple tap? sorry guys
z4vdBt

Post by z4vdBt »

Less than a dollar at Lowes.

EDC Honeybee

Post by EDC Honeybee »

Lots of great suggestions I missed while I was head down focused on final exams. My maratac cu aaa should be here in a week or two. Excited to receive it after seeing all of your guy's great carries.

I am hoping to get a watch for my birthday. Always rolling the dice getting that sort of stuff for gifts though.

Looking into getting some copper sheet to make some scales for a future knife. Maybe a robin or dragonfly. Copper is not the best practically, but looks awesome to me.
wolfgaze

Post by wolfgaze »

EDC Honeybee wrote: Flashlights:
I currently have a thrunite ti3 that I EDC, and I really like it. Also have a AA and AAA mini-maglite. I am thinking of asking for an LED mod kit for the maglite. Also thinking of the maratac AAA Cu or the surefire titan plus, need to decide between them. Anyone own either?
I have the Maratac AAA Rev 3 (Black Aluminum version) which I acquired in mid March (2 of them)... I love this little flashlight... Good build quality, great beam profile, excellent runtimes... I would definitely recommend this flashlight.... Waiting for the AA version to be updated and made available again - and assuming they do a new Revision for this particular light with the same format as the AAA lights (3 modes Med/Low/High), I will definitely be purchasing one of these as well....
EDC Honeybee

Post by EDC Honeybee »

wolfgaze wrote:
EDC Honeybee wrote: Flashlights:
I currently have a thrunite ti3 that I EDC, and I really like it. Also have a AA and AAA mini-maglite. I am thinking of asking for an LED mod kit for the maglite. Also thinking of the maratac AAA Cu or the surefire titan plus, need to decide between them. Anyone own either?
I have the Maratac AAA Rev 3 (Black Aluminum version) which I acquired in mid March (2 of them)... I love this little flashlight... Good build quality, great beam profile, excellent runtimes... I would definitely recommend this flashlight.... Waiting for the AA version to be updated and made available again - and assuming they do a new Revision for this particular light with the same format as the AAA lights (3 modes Med/Low/High), I will definitely be purchasing one of these as well....
Cool. My maratac cu is on its way :)
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Can't go wrong with some Atwood offerings and a thrunite ti3
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Post by SuckSqueezeBangBlow »

I can't get over how much weight people add to their car keys. It's not great for the ignition switch